Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 06-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #16

10 minutes riding "with" the Skeleton Crew MC.

The following link is to a website that provides information about "clubs".

These particular links are from a 3-part section written by a "patch holder" to provide deeper insight into the 1%er's world; what you can expect; and what you should and shouldn't do.

I thought it was interesting reading when I read it several years ago. I think maybe some of you will find it interesting as well, if not for any other reason but for your own safety and knowledge. It may well put some myths to rest; but also bring up other issues you may not have been aware of.

So... read through all three of the links to get the full understanding of the 1%er's world and clubs. You'll find these links on the left-hand side of that site.

http://www.rcvsmc.net/id9.html

http://www.rcvsmc.net/id8.html

http://www.rcvsmc.net/id7.html

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #17
Top Contributor

We have a fair number of Bandidos up this way. The few times I have been around them, I just do what I normally do, nod and show them every respect. Never had a problem doing that nor should you...
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 06-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

Lots of good info there Greg. Everyone should read it.

I have had a brush with the president and founder of an outlaw mc gang here in Idaho. It was rather spooky. He wanted to talk about my club patches that I always wear. Blue Knights, Idaho III. He actually followed me out of a restaurant to stop me to talk. He said he was offended. I told him that it was not my intention to offend him but rather I was proud of the Blue Knights. Thing is, I was in his hometown miles from nowhere with no friends around. I needed gas before I left his town so I told him exactly what I was going to do to get it; the only gas station was on the other end of town from where we were. I needed to ride through town twice and I did not want him to think that I was parading through his turf to piss him off. He was good with it. We shook hands and parted ways. I sure checked my mirrors for the next 30 miles though.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 06-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho (High Plains Drifter)
Lots of good info there Greg. Everyone should read it.

I have had a brush with the president and founder of an outlaw mc gang here in Idaho. It was rather spooky. He wanted to talk about my club patches that I always wear. Blue Knights, Idaho III. He actually followed me out of a restaurant to stop me to talk. He said he was offended. I told him that it was not my intention to offend him but rather I was proud of the Blue Knights. Thing is, I was in his hometown miles from nowhere with no friends around. I needed gas before I left his town so I told him exactly what I was going to do to get it; the only gas station was on the other end of town from where we were. I needed to ride through town twice and I did not want him to think that I was parading through his turf to piss him off. He was good with it. We shook hands and parted ways. I sure checked my mirrors for the next 30 miles though.
Thanks. I agree about everyone reading it also. It certainly wouldn't hurt to know some of it. In fact, in rare situations... the information could "save your hide"! ;)

Most may find it interesting to know that generally "they" don't want anything to do with "you". "You" aren't worth their time; and most likely aren't affecting their existence... however, when you ARE affecting their existence... look out.

Making sure you know where your boundary ends and their's begins is important -- just like you said regarding your encounter.

Apparently; you were clearly within their boundary and they wanted to know your intentions; and that you were not going to cause any trouble to which they might feel the heat as a result. The article regarding "why clubs police other clubs" puts into perspective why 1%er clubs want to make sure when you are in their "area" that you do not do anything to bring the heat onto them.

Anyway... more should take the time to at least read those three links if nothing else. It may come in handy some day.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 06-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #20

I read the links and fully understand the issues however IMHO it's all B'sh*t! Don't fringe on their rights but to hell with mine. I don't disrespect anyone and don't take kindly to these people trying to force their issues on me. That's not what this country is about. I'm a free man and will do what I like within the rules of society. These yahoos need to either live by the rules of society or get out. Lawless activities have no place in todays world, not in public anyway. Just the line " I've never seen a member hit a woman that was not his or at least in his club" makes me want to take a machine gun and do us all a favor and rid the earth of this type of mentality. What a bunch of A holes.
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #21

I am a patched member of a MC.... I ride a Nomad...... although it is for sale I will Purchase a Voyager ... some clubs do require "American Made" not all ... the issue is wearing your colors in an area claimed by another. I have wore my patch many times but never in an area claimed by another

Old 06-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #22

Some things are not so much a matter of right or wrong, but more of common sense so as not to encounter problems a person would rather not deal with. Being aware of what the local customs are can go along way to having a more enjoyable ride.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:19 AM   #23

I agree with James. No one should have to live by their silly little rules. I feel the same way about gangs. They are actually the same thing if you think about it. I've seen plenty of video of OMC's not "minding their own business" and it's bad. Not to mention a great deal of crime comes from these groups. Don't kid yourselves if you think they are just a group of guys out to enjoy each others company.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #24
Advanced Member

I had a run in many years ago much like Idaho, it did not end as well as his but it was a fair fight I will have to say that much, it had to go that way because if I had back down I felt their entire club would have beat the crap out of me for backing down. I think these guys should follow the rules like the rest of us. I was brought up to show respect when given respect and thats how it should work, I don't go out of my way looking for trouble but I won't step aside because some A-hole is wearing a patch. just my take on it.
ride safe.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #25

This type of thread seems to come up from time to time and is always a bit sad for me. It is a reminder for me of a time long past. I had a few really close buddies when I was younger and we always rode together, even kicked around the idea of starting a small riding club. Long story short two of them joined OMC (and not the same one) and one of them became a cop. Needless to stay we don't all hang out together anymore. We do see each other at the same memorial poker run every year but most of the time they only exchange pleasantries then go with their respective groups. Funny though, the cop is the least social of the three. I did hear that one of them is planning to "retire" from his club so maybe we can ride again. The annual run is coming up at the end of July so we will see how it goes.
I really miss those guys but the politics just isn't worth it.