Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #1

Just a tag along

Here is the newest member to follow behind my 1700 Nomad and provide the ultimate in enjoyment on my trips where ever they maybe.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #2

Looks pretty cool! I look forward to hearing back how it handles behind the bike, once you get decent enough weather to take it out on the roads.

The only downside that I can see is the temptation to load too much stuff in it and before you know it you've got more load behind you than the bike can safely handle.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 02-26-2015, 06:32 PM   #3

doubt that will happen with me am a minimalist here. I do not have stuff laying around I do not use. If I have not touched it in a year goes on ebay and rid of it forever. So doubt if I will carry to much inside as just do not need the stuff like others do. Well a case of beer I always need that lol.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #4

Congrats on the camper. My riding buddy has the same camper and has been using it for 4 years now. He really enjoys it. I've been thinking about purchasing the timeout camper.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 02-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
I will own one of those someday... I've seen them in action in person and they are exactly as advertised.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #6

Nice, real Nice

Old 02-27-2015, 04:17 AM   #7
Top Contributor

Old 02-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #8

I do a lot of camping every year, and have been for a long time. I have packing the bike to a science, but get jealous every time one of my friends sets up his pop-up. It has been something I have wanted for a long time, but have never really had the bike to pull one, except my C14 which hitches were really expensive for. Now i have my Vaquero and will hopefully be able to get one in the next couple years.

I guess what I'm saying is...now I'm jealous of you. That is a great design! I love the hard floor, and the low, flat profile of it. Enjoy!!
Thunder Mfg Prototype Hi Performance Kit Rev 2
109 cid
Klockwerks Windshield
Corbin Young Gun
Throttle Mod
Freedom Performance 2-1
Roarin Toyz Intake
PCV with AutoTune
Ivanized ECU

Old 02-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #9

Very cool! I'd love to pick one of those up some day.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 02-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #10

Well you can as they do ship world wide. I found on utube a crazy Auzi with one way down there.

They are amazing no one builds anything like this trailer at all in the market place so easy and simple that it is amazing. I pick mine up at the factory on a ride out to BC August 17, 2015 and can not wait to get my hands on it.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #11

Very cool ... How much $$

Old 02-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #12

Ok base unit is 4895.00 and I have the front and underneath pods, 7 foot awning, mattress and an optional heavy duty lid wide spare and tires, inside storage stands to stand it on end for storage, wheel covers and swivel coupler. For a total amount of 6791.95 Canadian. He does ship world wide as I bought my trailer out of the factory in Osoyoos in British Columbia and saved about $500.00 dealing direct with the factory on a pick up basis. This is all in Canadian bucks mind you.

I bought a Chucksters Hitch as I do believe it is very well made and mounts lower down on bike and believe this will be more safe in the long run. Along with that I personally would never deal with McHitch as if you do not buy his hitch off him he will not sell you the wiring for bike off his web site. It was all or nothing with him and personally never would I recommend dealing with this company. His shipping charges to Canada were out to lunch compared to Chucksters. The Chucksters also gives you a mounting point for your Reese plug on its frame and believe the McHitch there is no mounting point by what I can tell you can install one. It came very well packaged in short order and he was very easy to deal with unlike others.

This is a five wire trailer so buying a 6 wire plug and mounting it on hitch was easy to do. I will have to just change over the trailer plug when I pick it up to this plug style. On the bike you will need a isolator that will draw all the current needed to run the lights on trailer directly from battery as the wiring on the bikes are not heavy enough guage to be safe. You will still hook up all your wires to your brake, tail and signal lights but the isolator will save you from any problems of grounding out in future and save your bikes harness in the future. The extra line I will use to run a power plug in inside trailer to charge and run my laptop, cell phone or what ever else off a cig lighter plug.

The trailer runs all LED lights so does not draw allot of power he has thought this out very well in building this trailer for bikes and small cars.

I have installed HID lights in my headlight and LED lights in my driving lights so not using allot of power myself. I also power my GPS and ipod for tunes in my Nolan Helmet and also power my Go Pro Camera off a separate fuse box plugged into switched power. The only plug that will not be off switched power is the cig lighter inside trailer so I can charge my items when I am camping if need be.

More info on this trailer can be found at http://www.leesurelite.com/

Works for me.

Last edited by buckey1313; 02-27-2015 at 05:26 PM.