Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-14-2015, 01:12 AM   #1

Mustang or Corbin seat?

I'm looking to replace the stock seat on my vaquero with either the Mustang or Corbin, would like to get input from you all that have them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-14-2015, 03:03 AM   #2

I'm 5'11 and I felt like the Mustang pushed me up on the tank to much so I went with the Corbin, it sits you back a little

Old 02-14-2015, 08:57 AM   #3

For awhile I had a Mustang Tour seat on my Vaq due to it havin a nice passenger section with a backrest for the hoes. It had a very uncomfortable seating section for me, way to flat and as has been said pushed me further forward which I didn't like at all. All in all not a good seat for the driver. I got rid of that seat and the hoes on the back of my skoot (bitches have to have their own skoot).
I got a Corbin Young Guns seat, nicely shaped but a bit on the hard side, a common complaint with Corbins. If they could come up with a softer foam I think it would be the perfect seat. It also sat me further back and a bit lower than all the other seats and I appreciate those aspects.

RACNRAY

Old 02-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
For awhile I had a Mustang Tour seat on my Vaq due to it havin a nice passenger section with a backrest for the hoes. It had a very uncomfortable seating section for me, way to flat and as has been said pushed me further forward which I didn't like at all. All in all not a good seat for the driver. I got rid of that seat and the hoes on the back of my skoot (bitches have to have their own skoot).
I got a Corbin Young Guns seat, nicely shaped but a bit on the hard side, a common complaint with Corbins. If they could come up with a softer foam I think it would be the perfect seat. It also sat me further back and a bit lower than all the other seats and I appreciate those aspects.

RACNRAY
I hear ya about the hoes, Ray. I'm leaning towards the Corbin, read some others has the same issue with the mustang. I'd like to test one on a bike that already has the Corbin but at the moment I haven't seen a bike like mine around, which is great, I get a lot of looks and compliments and a few stink eyes. Absolutely love the bike. Also, I've decided on the grips I'm gonna go with, be getting up with you in a day or two.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhobbs74 View Post
I'm 5'11 and I felt like the Mustang pushed me up on the tank to much so I went with the Corbin, it sits you back a little
Did you go with the tour? Are you happy with it?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-14-2015, 10:07 AM   #6

It's also a good lookin seat too...

Old 02-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #7

do not know what part of Fla you are in but BikeWeek Daytona is coming up and also Thunder Beach in PCB also most of the time a lot of the seat manufactures will be there and you can set on them and try them out

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 02-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #8

If you're after opinions............I had a Mustang on a Suzuki C50, and didn't like it (can't really explain it, used it for about 4 months and it just wasn't comfortable). I now have a Corbin Dual Tour on my 1500 Classic and love it. Great seat and very comfortable for any distance.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69 View Post
do not know what part of Fla you are in but BikeWeek Daytona is coming up and also Thunder Beach in PCB also most of the time a lot of the seat manufactures will be there and you can set on them and try them out
Just a little north of Pensacola, small town...single traffic light

Old 02-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #10
Advanced Member

I love my Mustang seat. It does sit me up about an inch but also sits me back about an inch from stock. The driver backrest and passenger backrest are great on long trips and I can go back to stock in seconds. The wife loves the comfort.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150106_143132.jpg (98.9 KB, 45 views)

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #11

Purchased my Mustang seat 2 years ago. Pro Long rides Love it. Back rest also a plus. Cons It sat me up 1" not as comfortable during the stops, pass. seat is narrow compared to the stock. Back rest was 1" to wide I modified it. If all possible demo one locally. Bored this winter so I installed a Pro Pad in stock seat feels comfy pending long ride for results.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:47 PM   #12

If you want to wait there are several seat companys at Thunder Beach it will be the last week of April 1st weekend in May good day ride over and back the vendors start showing up on Wed. http://thunderbeachproductions.com/ http://www.pcbrally.com/

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 02-15-2015, 12:23 AM   #13

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69 View Post
If you want to wait there are several seat companys at Thunder Beach it will be the last week of April 1st weekend in May good day ride over and back the vendors start showing up on Wed. http://thunderbeachproductions.com/ http://www.pcbrally.com/
I'd love to go, leave early enough that I could take some back roads and enjoy.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:54 AM   #14

I know you asked for opinions on two brands and I hate to be "that guy" that gives you an option you didn't ask for but if you don't like either of these I'm a big fan of having the stock seat customized. Anything mass produced will be somewhat one size fits all and it fits some great...others, not so much. Mean City Cycles did my Nomad and will be doing my Vaquero. Allen at Mean City is super attentive and will create a custom seat using the OE pan for a fraction of the cost of aftermarket; check'em out at http://www.meancitycycles.com/

VBA Member # 02057

Old 02-15-2015, 07:09 AM   #15
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vega View Post
I love my Mustang seat. It does sit me up about an inch but also sits me back about an inch from stock. The driver backrest and passenger backrest are great on long trips and I can go back to stock in seconds. The wife loves the comfort.