Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 07-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #16

Question for my Canadian friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
I pose a question to the Canucks and 3 Americans answer up. ::) Thanks guys, I figured she wouldn't have any problems.
Well, Trip said he wanted this forum to be like a bunch of friends sitting around a table talking.
The Canadians are here at the table but they are, as usual, busy drinking their beer, Eh.
Thats exactly what happened to me tonight, Al came over for a while and I had too much beer.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #17

Hi Steve, I would think Lethbridge would take anything for currency, close enough to the border that they get a lot of exchange currency. Like you say, get it changed or use the credit card. Up here, change is change, but I know what you mean about the lower states being very particular. We don't even look at it if it jingles it has metal in it, you use it at face value. Have a good evening, how is the temp. there. My neighbour just got back from cancer treatment in Hamilton and said it was very warm there for the last 6 weeks he has been there. Tonight was the first great night in a while without rain. Take care. Den

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE

*2007 Nomad Black & Titanium - Dennis -Evansburg, Alberta Canada KawaNOW #01721

Old 07-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #18

New York state is good for accepting Canadian cash, but its gets worse the further south you go.
Its been quite hot here for a while, into the low 90's most afternoons.We could use a good rain here, all the lawns and gardens are drying up.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorNomad
That is an interesting concept. So do you have a passport or enhanced licence to get back in ?
If you are asking me, yes, I have an enhanced license from NY State.
I don't know if other states issue them or not.
They are more money than a regular license but cheaper than a passport.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #20

Scott..tell the wife not to worry! Like others have said..credit card would probably be the best bet but cash is good too. I think yesterday the rate was can. 1.00..us...96 but most places will give you on par. ..John

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #21

Credit cards and debit - that's almost all I use in ANY country when I travel.
I never pick cash up before hand.... generally tomas crook and the other exchange houses don't give you as good as rate. imho, the best option is to hit a bank machine (not cash machine) in whatever country your in....
In southern Alberta - heck bring the US greenbacks, won't have any problem finding someone to accept them (though the CDN dollar is probably worth a bit more)
But yes, use your credit and debit cards - they are accepted by all.

Passport to get back into the states - You'd have to ask an american for that one..... they make us bring them to get in (don't ask me how I know...)

obviously if you are bringing any restricted weapons you're going to have to do your homework on that process beforehand - probably better to leave em at home.

The beer is more expensive, but then again it's kinda like a 2 for 1 (since it's got more of a punch) lol

and while you're in cattle country, make sure to have a couple good Alberta Beef steaks.....mmm beeeffff.

Other then that - Welcome back to Canada. spend lots of money and keep the economy thriving!

2004 1500fi - Blue and Grey
Ultra Nomad - In progress

CMC#12065 - Edmonton

Old 07-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #22
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdogbrian
Credit cards and debit - that's almost all I use in ANY country when I travel.
I never pick cash up before hand.... generally tomas crook and the other exchange houses don't give you as good as rate. imho, the best option is to hit a bank machine (not cash machine) in whatever country your in....
In southern Alberta - heck bring the US greenbacks, won't have any problem finding someone to accept them (though the CDN dollar is probably worth a bit more)
But yes, use your credit and debit cards - they are accepted by all.

Passport to get back into the states - You'd have to ask an american for that one..... they make us bring them to get in (don't ask me how I know...)

obviously if you are bringing any restricted weapons you're going to have to do your homework on that process beforehand - probably better to leave em at home.

The beer is more expensive, but then again it's kinda like a 2 for 1 (since it's got more of a punch) lol

and while you're in cattle country, make sure to have a couple good Alberta Beef steaks.....mmm beeeffff.

Other then that - Welcome back to Canada. spend lots of money and keep the economy thriving!
Thanks, I doubt she will be spending much money, since she is staying in her sister's trailer while there. I'll let her know she shouldn't have any problems.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 07-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #23

"Ah man CJ." I thought you were a fair decent man! Give the wife your credit card and tell her theres no limit honey. At the same time toss her the key to your new bike and tell her to have fun and you will see her when ever she finally gets back home...Geez bro..get with the program!!!..Bdog