Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 11-19-2017, 05:18 PM   #1

Barkerville b.c. A trip i will always remember

Yep I will remember this trip of a lifetime for many reasons. I have some great experiences this last summer doing it and one bad one at end of video. Some video from all over B.C. this last summer in June and July. It was fun I am not sorry I did it. All is well and it will be new again believe me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-19-2017, 06:52 PM   #2

Awesome video Dave . You do live in a very beautiful province . My wife and I spent a few days in Drumheller for our 25th anniversary back in June . I was completely blown away . We spent two hrs at the museum and the rest of the time was spent out sight seeing every square inch we could find .

This June I'm heading to Jasper with two of my friends . I've never been there before but they've been a few times . Going to the museum in Wetaskiwin first , then off to Jasper and the surrounding area . Should be a real shock for me to finally get to see the mountains . Someday I may just get to BC . One province at a time

I'm glad to hear that your healing up and your bike will be better than new .

My wife and I took a spill last Sept . She was fine and the bike was fine . I ended up with a fractured knee ( tibia ) and a mess of torn tendons and muscles . I'm hoping I'm fully healed before June or else I'll have to pass on the trip to Jasper .

Here's to another season , and a better one next year !!

Old 11-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #3

Thanks Ridefree. From Saskatchewan myself when I was a kid the Plunkett or Watrous area actually. Yea you have to get out to B.C. some summer it is awesome.

Yea bike actually will be better than it ever was and will look so much different from any other Vulcan Nomad once done in May. The paint and other changes you will have to see when done. Wait for the pictures first posted in 1700 area in May then a video shortly after you will see what I mean. There will be no other Nomad like it at all that is a fact will look so different from normal out there. I promise you all that. It will be a Journey for sure and that is a hint when I finally post the pictures.

I so looking forward to next year.

Glad your ok also and yes I was sure sore for about a month and a half all ok now just about.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #4

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your videos . And I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product .

My close friend and I head to Watrous every now and then for breakfast to a place called The Pepper tree sports bar and lounge . It's a very nice ride that takes just over an hour . It's a very nice place to visit . I usually head to Manitou Beach and just hang out for awhile .

And people wonder why we ride ...... ride on and enjoy every mile !!

Old 11-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #5

Been to the Pepper Tree many a time and yes a fine place it is.

Yea a reason we ride a smell in the air, the full view around us, and the enjoyment good enough reasons for me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #6
Top Contributor

VN 800 A - VN 900 Classic
VN 1700 Vaquero

Usque ad finem.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #7

Dave thank you for your video. I learned more about the Leesurelite trailer from you than the manufacturer provided.
Sorry about your mishap and glad that you will ride again.
Will you still ride with a trailer?
Glad you are OK and I look forward to seeing the resurrected Nomad.
Tom

Old 11-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #8

Hummm that is a two sided question. I am 62 years old and my dad lucky to say is still with me with all his mind at 94 years old living in a lodge blocks from me in great health. I retired early to spend my time with my father in the remaining time he has but he may who knows out last me. I moved to this small town to be with him only reason to be here.

When he finally departs my dream is to buy a class A motorhome 32 feet long no longer and become a wondering person with no fixed address year round and travel. Will I give up biking no. I will have a bike rack which are available put on back of motorhome and travel with my bike along with me rather than tow a car. I am single. I even know what make and model motorhome I want and it is a front engine model diesel not a rear.

If I were younger and had the time of age if you understand that I would have a trailer as this one will go up for sale come spring. The trailer was not damaged at all not a scratch at all. I not willing to purchase a new trailer hitch which has a twist to it again is one reason. I have no big trips planned for next year but if I do a case of beer in a hotel room can do. So the trailer will go it was fun but it is time for me to give it up.

Would I buy this model of trailer. Yes it is the only tent trailer that has no negatives in build quality the bugs really have been worked out over the years has no faults. Expensive it is but compared to the others build quality and how it works is amazing. Nothing else out there like it. Swivel hitch and wiring as I tell about in video is a must.

Thanks All

Last edited by buckey1313; 11-20-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:52 PM   #9
Advanced Member

Wonderful video and embedded pics Dave and A+ for film editing. You have good taste in beer and rye too.

Did I miss something in another thread? How did your bike get itself upside down in the brush. That's horrible and something we all dread.

I ride BC every year and want to get up Edmonton way this year. Have also ridden the Yukon but those roads are very tough on vehicles.

That's a great plan for the future, a free man wandering the earth. 32 ft is a good size for a motor home because, as my son recently learned, some parks charge extra or have restrictions on RVs longer than 32 ft.

Again sir, well done on the video. It was a great way to spend 45 minutes of a gloomy winter day.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:26 AM   #10

Yes my bike and I and my trailer took a spill in Valemeont BC not sure what happened but think a piece of angle iron was on the road that caught my front wheel. I was laid up for a month broken wrist three places and now have seven screws and a plate in the wrist. Three broken ribs and three broken toes and one heck of a pain in my hip took me a month to walk.

The bike actually came out of it really well and trailer even better no damage to trailer and bike a bit bent up but I am and have ever part now to restore it to better than it ever was and I mean that. New bags better than factory ones and allot of new ideas put into bike. I will do a video in May once back together and the new look and new paint job and the paint job is amazing will look very factory but very much different you will catch what I mean if you see video in May.

I am well and back to road worthy condition now and can not wait to get the bike back on the road.

If your ever in Edmonnton let me know love to have a drink with you.

Dave
2009 Kawasaki 1700 Vulcan Nomad

Old 12-19-2017, 03:47 AM   #11
Top Contributor

Wonderful video and pics Dave.
I'm sorry but I missed the last two pics and in my previous message I didn't realize what happened .
I'm happy to read that now you are well and ready to ride with your Nomad.
Have a nice day, mate!

VN 800 A - VN 900 Classic
VN 1700 Vaquero

Usque ad finem.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:25 AM   #12

Thanks Black Knight great appreciated very appreciated