Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Lost a highway peg

Going home the other night and I felt something hit the side of my right boot. I've had a skunk, of all things, run into the side of my bike while riding before. It was dark, and I could make out something headed my way from the darkness. Fortunately, it didn't spray and only hit under my floorboard.

Well this was in daylight and I saw nothing coming. Looked around, then looked down at the bike. My right highway peg was gone. Mount as still there. Luckily, I was only going about 45mph, and I could circle back and picked it up. Couple scraps, but still salvageable. Mine are painted black, so I figure it's a good reason to take them both off, mount and all to repaint them.

Just one of those things I never thought of checking to see if it was tight over the past 2 years. Even luckier there wasn't anyone following close behind me. Those Kuryakyn pegs are pretty good sized chunk of metal.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-02-2017, 07:00 AM   #2

Glad you were able to find it!

Old 12-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #3
Advanced Member

I hope that was mine that I picked up. It was in the road so I didn't have time to see if there were others.

Took the bolt off the one still attached and bought two news ones. They have lock tite on them this time.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash