Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 11-11-2017, 08:23 AM   #1

Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags

Ok have a question I have to ask this of all the members on here. Have any of you installed a set of Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags on a 1700 Vulcan Nomad or Voyager.

Please answer the following questions if you have and please supply pictures of bike with install done.

I find these bags very interesting as they are available in fibreglass and are larger than factory bags by allot and have a I believe nicer opening and locking lid and are stronger than factory.

They come with mounting hardware for all these bikes above but my belief is they would mount to the factory hardware as they like the factory bags have a 90 degree back to them and the front bolt with some gromets or spacers should make this mount easy also available to use. That is my belief.

They are carpeted inside also nice feature and have pretty dang good reviews. See website below and search for Jumbo Bags.

https://www.tsukayu.com/JumboStrong.html

They match the slope practically of factory bags just wider really by allot and I like the big bike look. Our bags are quite small and can not even hold a helmet and these can hold one.

So here are the questions.

1. Did you use the factory mounts or Tsukayu Z mounts?

2. How easy was install?

3. What model of 1700 did you mount them on?

4. Pictures please and close up of bag and rear of bike if you can?

5. How do you rate bags and reviews on bags.

Thanks hope I hear back from some of you.

Dave

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #2

Those are damn nice looking bags! I have a voyager, which came fully dressed with hard bags and trunk, so I have no experience with these. I have to say though, if I was looking for a set I would definitely be checking these out. They would look good on a classic or nomad.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #3

I have seen these online before and for some reason thought they were more expensive. I really don’t like that the bags on my Nomad don’t seal properly, with the top opening I think that the leakage would be less. Will be following OP thread.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #4
Top Contributor

I know a couple of guys that have them on their 1300 V Star.
They look good and the guys like them.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #5

yea guys these bags impress me also and reading reviews on other sites I find just about nothing said bad about these bags.

What gets me is that our factory bags are when bike is standing upright they attached to bag mounts on a flat surface on back of our bags. To me if I drill same size holes on these bags as again they have a flat back I should be able to use our factory gromets and bolts to mount these bags on the factory bag rails I am sure. Just rear crash bar mount I might have to somehow rework but slightly I believe with a rubber bushing or something like that. I am sure our factory rails would work just would have to add a couple more maybe using their Z mounts also to stiffen the entire system as these are much bigger bags allot bigger.

I do love the bigger look to the rear as our bikes are big bikes and love the more storage and top opening.

Hummm the mind wonders will it work or not I think so.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #6

I can give you my input on the Strong Bags I had on my Honda!
1: VERY well made
2: Hold up very well and no leaks
3: the mounts and mounts are universal.Think of 2 flat stock bars ! You adjust the angle to what fits the bike!
Once you get the angle you need you transfer to the bag and drill the holes, The instruction are ok and I assume also on You Tube! Hope I make alittle sense,, :)
As for the Nomad factory mounts I think it may be possible to take the mounts off the nomad bags , BUT I had a 04 Nomad and going from memory
The back of the bags are flat like the front, If you do get them a Pic is a Must :)
Sorry no help on 1700 or Nomad mounting

Old 11-11-2017, 08:20 PM   #7

No you can not take the mounts off the bagger on a 1700 as they serve dual purpose. They hold up the friggen mufflers for one thing. But I do believe with the flat backs as is the same on the factory bags that they can be used instead of the Z mounts they supply.

I will post pictures and unboxing when I get the bags and I just finished ordering them. I think this is the right choice as I will have the only 2019 Model Nomad out there very different now in looks once paint is done to bike and bags.

When I am done with bike in spring a full walk around video will be done as I will be so proud of what I have done.

Last edited by buckey1313; 11-12-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #8

Tsukayu Jumbo Bags on a Vaquero

Hey buckey1313 I have installed the Jumbo Strong bag on my Vaquero. Man what a nice looking bag. I made a template on the side of the bike and cut it out of aluminum and used a pcs. of 1x1square aluminum from Home Depot
as a spacer, on the bottom of the bag I used 2 pvc caps and screwed them to the bottom of the bag so they fit where the stock bag fit into the rail that holds the pipes on. They a very solid on the Bike and look very good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150913_182145.jpg (89.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 20150917_135156.jpg (97.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 20160714_102740.jpg (91.7 KB, 43 views)

Old 11-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #9

Ohhh god glad you replied to me I thought your could keep on the factory bag holder mounts and use them. Yes your bike looks awesome with them on that is a fact better I believe than any stock Kawasaki bag.

I bringing my bike back from the dead I was in a bad accident in July laid it down at 100 kms an hour and bike came out pretty good actually so I have decided to rebuild it with some changes.

I so happy you replied to me. If you happen to have to remove bags before spring can you email me pictures of what you did on the bag rails. Are you just using the factory two or three bolts as can not see really well in your pictures for holding bags on. How many bolt holes do you have and where are your mounting bolt holes you are using.

On my Vulcan I have three mounts holes. One on crash bar at front of bags. I believe I can mount to this hole also and two on back sides of bags which I will use. I believe I still need more to stiffen up system and will use their Z mounts also that should give plenty of strength to the bags.

God if you can supply more detail would love it. Wish you were closer to Orlando as will be down there Jan 14-21, 2018 and would love to see your set up. Dang it.

So great of you to contact me relieves my mind it can be done as I thought it could be I really appreciate it.

Dave

Old 11-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #10

Tsukayu Jumbo Bags on a Vaquero

Here are some more pics. hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171112_120127.jpg (93.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 20171112_120357.jpg (94.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 20171112_120421.jpg (91.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 20171112_120635.jpg (96.4 KB, 33 views)

Old 11-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #11

Are y’all planning on extending your rear crach guards to protect the wider bags or just do without?

Old 11-12-2017, 10:06 PM   #12

No will do with out extending the rear crash bars. This is going to be awesome

Old 11-13-2017, 09:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlash View Post
Hey buckey1313 I have installed the Jumbo Strong bag on my Vaquero. Man what a nice looking bag. I made a template on the side of the bike and cut it out of aluminum and used a pcs. of 1x1square aluminum from Home Depot
as a spacer, on the bottom of the bag I used 2 pvc caps and screwed them to the bottom of the bag so they fit where the stock bag fit into the rail that holds the pipes on. They a very solid on the Bike and look very good.

mlash, Great job on the install!

Send me a PM, we're neighbors.
VBA #02592

Bash In the Bitterroots 2014
SE Rally in Nacoochee Valley 2016

Don't regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many.