Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #1

Scala Rider Team Set

I did a search on the Scala Rider Team Set, but didn't find much discussion here. I am seriously thinking of buying the team set. I don't particularly have much use for the features on the Q2. Does anyone have the Team Set? If so, how do you like it? Where would be a good, dependable place online to buy it?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #2

Scala Rider Team Set

I have the set. Haven't used it yet on the bike as it is still winter here :(" title="" border="0"/>
DUI546 has it and likes it alot. Search his posts , if you can get the search thing to work. I can't get the damn thing to work for me or I would find it for you.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #3

Scala Rider Team Set

Thanks, TC. I give it a try. i feel your pain on searches.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #4

Scala Rider Team Set

I can't offer any info on the Scala, but have the BlueAnt Interphone sets and they work very well. My wife and I great bike-bike communications at distances up to about 1/3 of a mile.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #5

Scala Rider Team Set

Quote:
I can't offer any info on the Scala, but have the BlueAnt Interphone sets and they work very well. My wife and I great bike-bike communications at distances up to about 1/3 of a mile.
Is Blue Ant for rider to passenger communication as well ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #6

Scala Rider Team Set

TC, I can't get the blasted search thing to cooperate, so I may pm dui546 and see what happens.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #7

Scala Rider Team Set

Quote:
[quote:3ajbit5c]I can't offer any info on the Scala, but have the BlueAnt Interphone sets and they work very well. My wife and I great bike-bike communications at distances up to about 1/3 of a mile.
Is Blue Ant for rider to passenger communication as well ?[/quote:3ajbit5c]

BlueAnt is a bluetooth-base communication system and provides a link, called a "pairing", between two units at one time. The units can be rider/passenger or rider/rider. You choose by putting the units on the right helmets. Each of the the BlueAnt units can be paired with two other bluetooth items, such as a phone and another BlueAnt unit - but only one of the two pairings can be active at a given time. While riding you can switch pairing between your passenger/riding buddy and your telephone. Of course you can also just switch the link off and enjoy relative silence too. I say relative because riding isn't exactly silent. I should state that my wife and I use FF helmets, and that allows any of the systems to perform better.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Scala Rider Team Set

When you do a search make sure you put at least 100 days ago located on the bottom of the searc or it will go only to the default of 7 days back, which is not far enough

Check this site: http://motorcycle.meetup.com/2/boards/thread/4258380

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 03-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #9

Scala Rider Team Set

Quote:
[quote:5lnfs9c4]

Is Blue Ant for rider to passenger communication as well ?
BlueAnt is a bluetooth-base communication system and provides a link, called a "pairing", between two units at one time. The units can be rider/passenger or rider/rider. You choose by putting the units on the right helmets. Each of the the BlueAnt units can be paired with two other bluetooth items, such as a phone and another BlueAnt unit - but only one of the two pairings can be active at a given time. While riding you can switch pairing between your passenger/riding buddy and your telephone. Of course you can also just switch the link off and enjoy relative silence too. I say relative because riding isn't exactly silent. I should state that my wife and I use FF helmets, and that allows any of the systems to perform better.[/quote:5lnfs9c4]

Thanks. That sounds terrific. I really like the total silence part . Where is a good place to purchase it online?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #10

Scala Rider Team Set

Quote:
When you do a search make sure you put at least 100 days ago located on the bottom of the searc or it will go only to the default of 7 days back, which is not far enough

Check this site: http://motorcycle.meetup.com/2/boards/thread/4258380
Thanks, BD. Good to see you. This bluetooth thing will save alot of trip time. Now me and the wife don't have to stop to fight .

Old 03-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #11

Scala Rider Team Set

I just looked on Amazon and they are $135 a piece.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 03-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #12
Sr. Contributor

Scala Rider Team Set

Hey Welcome back bankerfrank

I have the solo Scala rider and trust me it's that good. Too bad my ol lady hate motorcycles! the Q2 would have been cool! I've talked to Tomk on it and he was sold.!!

Him and I are trying to figure out a way our regular FM radios could be used hands free. Since the Scala Rider can be paired up with non bluetooth phones with an adapter, I'm wondering why that adapter couldn't be used in the FM headset 3.5 socket? Hmmmm

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 03-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #13

Scala Rider Team Set

Quote:
Hey Welcome back bankerfrank

I have the solo Scala rider and trust me it's that good. Too bad my ol lady hate motorcycles! the Q2 would have been cool! I've talked to Tomk on it and he was sold.!!

Him and I are trying to figure out a way our regular FM radios could be used hands free. Since the Scala Rider can be paired up with non bluetooth phones with an adapter, I'm wondering why that adapter couldn't be used in the FM headset 3.5 socket? Hmmmm
Doesn't the Q2 have an FM radio in it? You know you might have something there, BD.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Scala Rider Team Set

yes they have FM radio. read the link and you will buy one!!!

Member # 0005

Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #15

Scala Rider Team Set

Quote:
yes they have FM radio. read the link and you will buy one!!!
You know, some cell phones have FM radios. Could be a possibility?!