Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 04-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #31

CoachA's Florida Spring Break Tour--Updated

OK, I think I am set. Which in and of itself should make the rest of you a little worried.

David, I have your number and I will give you a call Tuesday evening just to make sure we are all set. I think the easiest thing will be for me to come to your hotel so I will do that. It's about 30-35 miles from your hotel to the meet up point. And it will take a hour or so to get there as going down A1A is a slow (but nice) ride. It's usually a little chilly in morning along ocean so probably not shorts and flip flops riding attire but looks to be the makings of very nice day. I will plan to be at you hotel between 8:30 & 8:45 AM and if we leave at 9AM we should be in good shape.

Reaper, thanks for the map! I think I know where we are going now! I think we'll be there in time for 10AM meet up if we leave Jax Beach at 9AM.

CoachA, thanks for getting this started and including me. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ross
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #32
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosco
Reaper, thanks for the map! I think I know where we are going now! I think we'll be there in time for 10AM meet up if we leave Jax Beach at 9AM.

Ross
Not a problem, looking forward to it

Doug

Web Slinger's Speedo face, Chuckster's Air Kit, Jay's LED Tail light, dshelly's throttle mod, Kuryakan Deep Bezel lens, Headlight Modulator, Kuryakan Run/Brake/Turn, DWG 2" speakers and amp, Stebel Air Horn

Fire & Iron, Red Knights, ROK, VBA, VRA, VROC, IAFF

Old 04-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #33
Advanced Member

sounds good to me also, I never wear flip flops when riding shorts sometimes I have had some good size rocks bounce off my boots lol.. looking forward to meeting you.
ride safe.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #34
Advanced Member

Talked with CoachA and he's drying out here in St. Aug.
Everything is on for tomorrow.
See everyone at the library

Web Slinger's Speedo face, Chuckster's Air Kit, Jay's LED Tail light, dshelly's throttle mod, Kuryakan Deep Bezel lens, Headlight Modulator, Kuryakan Run/Brake/Turn, DWG 2" speakers and amp, Stebel Air Horn

Old 04-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #35

We got in at 4:30 p.m. at the house. Now I'm up at school covering a baseball game tonight. I will post a detailed report later. Needless to say, I enjoyed meeting everyone and enjoyed the time out on the road.

Skimo, sorry I didn't get your phone message till I was in Perry Monday around noon. My cell phone didn't get service up there. I'll post more on that portion of the trip later.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #36

Well, here is the scoop on the trip:

-1 Day...I changed the oil and hooked up the J&M and an auxiliary power point...well, all worked but the power point. I figured it has a short in it somewhere and I disconnected it instead of going through the entire install because it was 10:00 p.m. when I figured it out.

Sunday, met up with bugman and wife at the Crystal River McDonald's (what a trip be like without Mickey D's). We talked for awhile and did some mod comparisons before heading out. We rode up toward Cedar Key together and then parted ways. Stopped for lunch in Perry where things almost took a turn for the worse. Couldn't get the bike going and though I had a problem...turns out I left the kick stand down, duh!

Arrived at Indian Pass Campground around 5:30 and couldn't figure out which spot was mine, lot markings weren't the best. We had a beautiful view of the water but the wind was blowing very hard. Sat around campfire with some long term campers that night.

Monday, decided to move the camper down out of the wind...good choice. Went on a ride toward Panama City to check out the area, but the weather started to take a turn for the worse so we headed back. DaBull, left me a message and I told him we would meet for dinner in Mexico Beach around 5ish, but didn't know if it was Central or Eastern time, lol. When we headed back out for dinner, all hell broke loose. It rained like crazy, windy, really shouldn't have been out but we were committed (or should have been). Met DaBull for dinner and had a great time. Rode back in the rain and it continued all night (heavy at time, but the trailer didn't leak much, just a little).

Tuesday, pulled up stakes and headed toward St. Augustine. We were following the storm, but got lucky and didn't get any rain just some wind. Got to the campground at Anastasia Island (beautiful place to stay). We decided just to make some dinner and a fire and stay in for the night.

Wednesday, met up with Reaper, Trosco, Davidjones and Andrea for a ride and then we had lunch. The ride, lunch and company were fabulous. The ride Reaper had mapped out was outstanding, if any of you get over that way, hit him up to lead it.

All in all, a great time. Now off to bed, gotta get up at 4:00 to head out to the airport for a trip to Oklahoma.
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 04-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #37

CoachA (and Tammy), Reaper, Davidjones (and Andrea) was great to meet all of you! Looking forward to Custer. Keep in touch!
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 04-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #38
Advanced Member

You and Tammy and a busy couple of days. Glad to hear you guys made it home ok.

Anastasia Island is a very nice place. Passed thru there a couple of times. Would love to have the time to stay and camp.

KawaNOW #00454
IBA# 42214

2007 Nomad
2008 Concours

Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #39
Advanced Member

Glad to hear you made it home safe Ron, your right about the ride that reaper took us on what a great time, it was good to see you and Tammy and to meet Doug and Ross as said many times you just meet the best people on a nomad, after leaving you and Doug, Ross took us on a wonderful tour of the south side of Jacksonville and shown us some great places to shop and eat and even buy motorcycle goods, while there a nomad pulled in and you know we had to tell him about Kawanow so maybe another new member headed our way. thanks again to Doug and Ross for just being great people. looking forward to Custer and more time with good friends.
ride safe. P.S. I can tell that the nomad does not like to be trailered stay in place all the here but when I UN-did the tie downs she just about jump off the trailer literally ended up with two small marks on the bags :( but live and learn.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #40
Advanced Member

Ron, Tammy, David, Andrea and Ross,
I truly enjoyed meeting all of you and look forward to seeing you all again. I'm glad our schedules worked out and the weather cooperated. Plan a longer stay in St. Aug and we'll do the "tourist thing".
To all KawaNOW members, this is an open invitation to St. Augustine, give me a shout and if my schedule permits, I'll be glad to play tour guide and show you the sights of the Nations Oldest City.
AND, Yes you do meet the nicest people on a Nomad.

PS. One of my vacuum caps came off in the intake, that's why my idle was off, stopped and bought two clamps and solved that problem.

Safe Riding to all,
Doug

Who is that masked man? Super Rider? Nah, it's just CoachA

CoachA praying at the alter of M/C trailer god

The meet up

Parking lot of The World Famous Oasis

Everyone after eating
Reaper, Andrea, Davidjones, CoachA, Tammy, Trosco
(Hope I got that right)
You'll have to see CoachA for the pics in between

Old 05-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #41

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=f25ece35.pbw

Here are some of our pictures. Tammy didn't get many from when we were in St. Augustine and parked. The batteries died, lol.
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320

Old 05-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #42

Memo to Coach A....
Get extra batteries and keep them in the saddle bag. See what happens when I'm not with you on your adventures?

Old 05-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe (mrfuni) #250
Memo to Coach A....
Get extra batteries and keep them in the saddle bag. See what happens when I'm not with you on your adventures?
Yep. I have to make sure she gets a 24 pack or two for the trip to Custer and two memory cards.
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320

Old 05-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #44

Send a message via AIM to dabull

nice pics ya'll.....looks like that portin of the Ron and Tamy Roadshow was dryer that the Mexico Beach evening we had!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #45

Yeah, I hear you there. I think the fish in the gulf were probably drier than we were, lol.
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320