Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #16
Advanced Member

This is good news. I still have yet to get the Vaquero out for a good run after getting the ECU re-tune back in the bike because Oregon, Wash. and Cal. the whole west coast for almost two straight weeks now we have been hit hard with snow, rain, wind, and cold temps as winter attempts it's last gasp of the nasty. But...by Thursday or Friday this week we will finally see some changes and I can get the bike out for a full test analysis. Nice to hear from you other guys that the fuel economy got better. I am looking real forward to that part. That could mean a better cruise range in the hotter temps later in summer when we hit the road for the rallies coming up.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-13-2016, 01:16 PM   #17

backfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhobbs74 View Post
So no backfire at all?? WoW i'll be sending mine to Ivan next week. I absolutely hate that decel pop and almost traded my Vaquero because of it. So at low speed decels, there is no backfire?? Man that's amazing lol
no backfire is the correct answer folks --- I do hear a little rumble on decel like cars do bot NO backfire at any speed so far

Old 03-13-2016, 11:02 PM   #18

I got mine reinstalled Friday. I would agree best improvement hands down so far. 140 mile ride not one single decel pop ! Fuel mileage is up I love it !

Old 03-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueball View Post
I got mine reinstalled Friday. I would agree best improvement hands down so far. 140 mile ride not one single decel pop ! Fuel mileage is up I love it !
How long was the turnaround on it as far as you shipping it to him and got it back?

Old 03-14-2016, 08:23 AM   #20

Turnaround is usually the same day as received... I'm a Fed-Ex shipper so you can get it back as fast as you want. They pick up from me every day.

If you need prices, just give me a call during business hours when you have time.

Thanks for all the praise guys.

Ivan

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #21
Advanced Member

I have had mine back from Ivan now since Friday March 4th. The weather that same day held just long enough to get the bike up the hill and back for about, a mile or so and I couldn't get out of 4th gear. Since then, the weather out here on the west coast has been horrible, snow, hail, rain, heavy wind, etc. every day. Earlier this weekend the weather people promised warm and sunny weather for this week finally. Today, Monday, now of course go figure....down graded again to snow, cold, wind all week long. They lied to us for the second week in a row. Coming up on two weeks now waiting to get the Vaq out for a test run. Looks like it may be longer now. I have had it with winter, it has been a damn long one. Blame it all on El 'Nino! THIS SUCKS!
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_ipp View Post
Turnaround is usually the same day as received... I'm a Fed-Ex shipper so you can get it back as fast as you want. They pick up from me every day.

If you need prices, just give me a call during business hours when you have time.

Thanks for all the praise guys.

Ivan
Thank you Ivan, will do

Old 03-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #23
Advanced Member

dhobbs you will be real glad if you get this done. Problems with how your bike runs will be solved. Ivan has made some smiles take place for 1700 owners.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:19 PM   #24

ivans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhobbs74 View Post
How long was the turnaround on it as far as you shipping it to him and got it back?
I sent mine -2- day fed ex -- it left Thurs pm and got back Thurs @ noon

Old 03-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #25

One size fits all?

So- the programming and disclaimer info sheet Ivan ask to accompany the ECU, ask for exhaust and intake configuration. Is this a non issue with our 1700's? As in one calibration for all bikes.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8BUGZ View Post
So- the programming and disclaimer info sheet Ivan ask to accompany the ECU, ask for exhaust and intake configuration. Is this a non issue with our 1700's? As in one calibration for all bikes.
call him at 845-268-1212 and he will explain details -- he answers questions u have

basically the program is same for 1700s is what I got from my conversation with him -- I ask because my 010 nomad was not on his list -- he told me he was offering services for models he had tested and needed other models to test/compare to the ecm in his own 1700 before saying -I can do yours too--- there are at least 3 or more ecu part #s listed for 09-15 models and if the part # is diff. something with the part is diff. and he has to be sure of what he is working with and for that u should be happy

exotic intake / exhaust / fuel systems need to be considered too

its not my place to speak for the man so I recommend u call him ! u may notice the custom is not on list yet but will be later

Last edited by UNCLE WILLIE; 03-15-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE WILLIE View Post
getting back to my original subject :

riding today at lower temp@ 71 I put the chaps back on to see what diff it would make in MPG -- on interstate @ 62 mph the best I got is 45.3
not surprised at the decrease but still better than the 42.7 before the re- program

this evening going to my little job actually coming back it dropped to 63 degrees and on interstate at 67 mph the mpg again dropped to 45.2 with cruze on then up to 45.3 when slowed down off interstate with traffic lights etc - rode @ 70 miles total today -- I do expect to see lower #s when I get happy with the throttle but with warmer temps coming looks like with normal riding the mpg will stay above 45 -46 which is better than expected so im happy with Ivans ecm tuning -- when my bank account levels out I may put it on a local dyno to verify what the a-fuel ratio is and the increase in HP and TORQUE -- according to ivans tests I should see @ 10 HP and Maybe 20 lb torque -- no matter what it is I can feel a diff and am happy I did it
At those speeds I'm assuming you're in 5th gear? I just got a 1700 Nomad and it feels like it has no business being in 6th at anything under 75 MPH.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd View Post
At those speeds I'm assuming you're in 5th gear? I just got a 1700 Nomad and it feels like it has no business being in 6th at anything under 75 MPH.
Same as my Voyager. They're not kidding when they say is an overdrive gear.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:42 PM   #29

Actually 5th gear is too.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:43 PM   #30
Top Contributor

With a Chuckster intake and Powrpro processor I had no problem pulling 6th gear at 70kmph.