Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 09-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #151
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertom View Post
update the spark knock seems to have been corrected with more tanks of fuel, must have been one bad batch I got going to Ivans
Sorry, I didn't respond sooner. I missed the post. Yea, I get that from time to time. Minor ping in very specific situations and only every 12 or so tankfuls.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #152

yeah it came back today with a tank of 91 put in some octane booster when I got home see how it works tomorrow, most all driving it is fine, just happened to pass someone in 4th at full throttle when it started to ping

Old 09-17-2016, 11:16 AM   #153
Advanced Member

Quote:
just happened to pass someone in 4th at full throttle when it started to ping
Yep, higher gears going WOT from a lower RPM is where I see it.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #154
Top Contributor

tigertom, do you have an aftermarket fuel processor on your bike ?

From Ivans website. Your set up might be one of the 5% ?

Includes fueling changes - External fuel tuner not needed for 95% of setups - just plug in and go !!

Last edited by redjay; 09-17-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #155

Ivan says no need for any add on, I rode to his shop for the tune, went for a ride and discovered the issue, stopped back in to chat with him, he is adamant that its a fuel issue, I'm sure it is because octane booster fixed the 91 I put in, kind of wish they didn't push the limit quit as far but still love the improvement so if I cant get good 93 ill add booster.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #156
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ivan says no need for any add on, I rode to his shop for the tune, went for a ride and discovered the issue, stopped back in to chat with him, he is adamant that its a fuel issue, I'm sure it is because octane booster fixed the 91 I put in, kind of wish they didn't push the limit quit as far but still love the improvement so if I cant get good 93 ill add booster.
I wonder if more of us need to speak up to him. Might simply be he does not know it is a bigger problem. Not saying it is a huge problem, or that it bothers me enough to send it back. It is pretty rare that it happens to me. Doubt I would bother.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:00 PM   #157

I was hoping to find out how many folks have run into the issue, I don't think its a big problem but if most are experiencing they might look into at some point. I haven't found any other issue to ask about, anyone else?

Old 09-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #158
Advanced Member

While bad fuel may be the problem for some according to Ivan getting bad fuel that won't run in the bike is still a problem - not necessarily Ivan's fault but you still can't run it. I find it odd that there is so many stations with bad fuel.

You are not the only ones if you search the forum. Ivan has been fair and usually offers a fix for the one size doesn't fit all cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonik View Post
I wonder if more of us need to speak up to him. Might simply be he does not know it is a bigger problem. Not saying it is a huge problem, or that it bothers me enough to send it back. It is pretty rare that it happens to me. Doubt I would bother.

Last edited by Lumberjack; 09-22-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #159
Top Contributor

I wonder what the 5% of setups are that DO require an external fuel tuner ?
See post 154

Old 09-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #160

to get all the potential out of some of the sport bikes some need an external tuner also

Old 09-19-2016, 08:06 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
While bad fuel may be the problem for some according to Ivan getting bad fuel that won't run in the bike is still a problem - not necessarily Ivan's fault but you still can run it. I find it odd that there is so many stations with bad fuel.

You are not the only ones if you search the forum. Ivan has been fair and usually offers a fix for the one size doesn't fit all cases.
I haven't talked with him sense I was there last Monday , he was not going to be there thur,fri and sat anyway, figure he had plenty to do today, I'm not really complaining love how the bike runs now.