Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 12-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #1

RACNRAY's COUNTDOWN THREAD

Well I have been blessed with a few things in the last 4 1/2 years and it all started when I bought the Vaq in April 2011. Other blessings are havin a skoot my old bones can ride ALOT, livin in S. Fla allows me to ride 365 days, meetin new peeps, on the road and on the internet, playin with my toy and makin improvements and learnin from u'all.

I kinda have the idea my Vaq will be the first Vaq to hit 100,000 mls and feel a sense of pride in that. I NEVER had achieved this kinda miles on any skoot in such a short period of time. I would of had more but while I've owned the Vaq my Busa has amassed 5000 miles but the poor thing sits a lot. Just too damn much fun to jump on the Vaq and ride.

So since I am down to the last 9000 mls b4 I hit the 100K mark, I'm gonna document these last miles. It's gonna be fun!!!

RACNRAY

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #2

Sub'd!! This could be fun to watch!

Any fanfare planned for the big 100k mark?! Maybe have it happen during a charity ride? Maybe, instead, you plan to do so w/o much fanfare while you are just enjoying the ride and documenting it for the rest to see later?

Old 12-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #3

Great milestone Ray! Looking forward to the logs :)

Old 12-18-2015, 05:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
Well I have been blessed with a few things in the last 4 1/2 years and it all started when I bought the Vaq in April 2011. Other blessings are havin a skoot my old bones can ride ALOT, livin in S. Fla allows me to ride 365 days, meetin new peeps, on the road and on the internet, playin with my toy and makin improvements and learnin from u'all.

I kinda have the idea my Vaq will be the first Vaq to hit 100,000 mls and feel a sense of pride in that. I NEVER had achieved this kinda miles on any skoot in such a short period of time. I would of had more but while I've owned the Vaq my Busa has amassed 5000 miles but the poor thing sits a lot. Just too damn much fun to jump on the Vaq and ride.

So since I am down to the last 9000 mls b4 I hit the 100K mark, I'm gonna document these last miles. It's gonna be fun!!!

RACNRAY
Sounds like a whole 'weeks worth' of ridin for you Ray! Lookin forward to hearin all about it. Drive safe, cheers.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY
RACNRAY
Congratulations RacnRay!

What are you gonna do for an accomplishment *next* month?

Ride safe!
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #6

Cool!!! It's been fun watching your bike over the last few years.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 12-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post

RACNRAY
Congrats RacnRay, perhaps contact Kawasaki and keep them in the loop, they might provide you with some sort of incentive once you hit 100,000!

Old 12-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #8

Good for you Ray!

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Old 12-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #9
Advanced Member

One day . . . One day my Voyager will be there too . . . for now she is a smidge over half of what you got . . . WAY TO GO!!!

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Old 12-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #10

Congrats Ray! That's awesome. Do you have any single one loyalty regarding engine oil? I know car guys sometimes do a engine tear down and measure wear after continually using a specific oil. Cheers!

Old 12-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #11

THANX TO ALL, you all are way cool!!!

Ya know, when I bought the Vaq April 2011 I had a pretty lass that rode her own Honda. That was way cool but she was NOT happy when I bought the Vaq (like she had ANY say in it!!!)...so neat thing, she's been gone since August 2011 and THE VAQ IS STILL HERE!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

Oils I've tried, Amsoil, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Kawi's full synthetic oil, Belray semi synthetic. In my skoot they all seem to feel the same but I have the worse shifting/clunking 1700 I have sat my butt on. UUGGG. Seems with any of the oils shifting is fine at first but goes to shit with about 2000-2500 miles on the oil.

I just dynoed a stock 2015 Vaquero today and dropping it into first gear was like a hot knife thru butter. Mine was NEVER that smooth from day one. YUK!!!

RACNRAY

Old 12-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #12

Got some Christmas presents for the Vaq, tho these are certainly NOT the fun things like chrome doodads and gizmos and the like, but the end result will put a smile on me face.

The front C2 has over 21,000 miles on it and has really impacted the handling quality while the rear has that nice flat spot and has worn enuff it has affected the overall drive ratio, so they are gonna go.

I am (not so) proud of the fact I have warped the front rotors on all but 2 of my street skoots, the Vaq is on it's second set, even after fabricating a floating rotor mount system. Getting tired of the braking characteristics so some EBC rotors and DP pads are goin on. Many years ago I stopped selling EBC rotors cuz they even had warping problems but I hear they have new alloys and manufacturing processes so I shall see.

Hopefully I'll still be happy with these goodies when I hit 100,000 mls.

RACNRAY

Old 12-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #13

Good thing I'm doin the front tire, front wheel bearings were beginning to show the signs of needing replacing, so I did that also. Geeze, only got 91,500 or so miles outa them!!!

Got some miles on it last nite...all the growlin and shakin from the front end and at the bars is gone along with no pulsing in the brake. Still have LOTS of break-in on the brakes.

RACNRAY

Old 12-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #14

As of right now I'm at 91,771 mls. Took a little ride up to South Bay today for a Monster and the worlds best mango fruit bar, made all the way down in....HIALEAH!!!

RACNRAY

Old 12-27-2015, 07:51 AM   #15

Closing in! You'll have 100K before the new year at this rate!

Congratulations!
Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115