Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #76
Advanced Member

Hey Stone3 welcome to the forum and you just freaked me out with resurrecting this old post - not you actually but the name of the last poster right above you Silent Sam. I thought I was seeing a miracle reincarnation or second coming as poor Sam died of bladder cancer just a couple months after this post. R.I.P. he will be missed.

So front end wobble is nasty business and I'm glad you got it sorted out. I have remedied a mild case of it on my '04 Nomad by changing tires, adding dyna beads, and simply tightening my headstock bearing. Lately I have noticed slight wobble creeping back if I let go of my handlebars and that is intolerable. Not surprisingly my front tire is now well worn at about 8k miles and exhibiting slight cupping, so it must be changed asap. I will recheck the headstock bearing while have the front wheel off and fully expect that fresh rubber front and back with dynamic balancing and a torqued bearing will tame the nastiness once again. When this bike is set up right she's super smooth and stable at quite high speeds (over 100) on any surface.

Login or Register to Remove Ads