Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #31

The way roaring toys did it would cause the first caliper to engage first and more that the other.
With the splitter and equal length hoses the brakes will hit at the same time and force.
Much better way to go
V&H pro pipe
FI2000
custom intake
work in progress

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyers View Post
The way roaring toys did it would cause the first caliper to engage first and more that the other.
With the splitter and equal length hoses the brakes will hit at the same time and force.
Much better way to go
And these guys are the pros....
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 03-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #33

Great looking bike man! Love that rear brake light set up

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero
VBA #02342

Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #34

Considering how much they charge for there stuff
That is pretty shoddy
V&H pro pipe
FI2000
custom intake
work in progress

Old 03-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Considering how much they charge for there stuff
That is pretty shoddy
Agreed! It's a beautiful bike, but when I look at it I see flashy paint, apes and a big front wheel. Again it's a beautiful bike, but there's not $13K worth of upgrades.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #36

The big front wheel is a nice upgrade though! If I ever run across a deal, it's a move I'd sure like to make
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #37

Same here I'm hopping to get one for my bike next winter
I'm thinking 23 and rake the neck
V&H pro pipe
FI2000
custom intake
work in progress

Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #38

Thumbs Up 21 inch front for me when I get the extra dough!

I will probably get the 21 inch Tire and Wheel next year.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #39

Quote:
Same here I'm hopping to get one for my bike next winter
I'm thinking 23 and rake the neck
21" is all I'd like, but it's hard to spend that type of coin on a wheel. From what I can tell you're looking at around $1300-1600.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #40

Jay,
What can I say one over if not best lookin vaquero out there looks wicked good. Keep up the great work and ride safe see you thursday at louies. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #41

I'm working on the big wheel kit now. If you plan on getting one, order it WELL ahead of time. You can also work better pricing by not buying from Roaring Toyz. I am having my dealership order the wheel directly from Performance Machine. They will include new bearings and can include new rotors if you want, which is the way I'm going. Should be an interesting install. The nice part about the wheel I'm going with is that is not too much narrower than stock. Stock my bike has a 130 and with the new wheel only backing down to a 120. There are several different options with the wheel. In the long run you can save money if you plan on changing the rotors for sure you're better off to go that route up front. Otherwise you will be tossing some $200 spacers in the extra parts bin. I'm hoping to have my setup all done within 3-4 weeks.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by drof View Post
I'm working on the big wheel kit now. If you plan on getting one, order it WELL ahead of time. You can also work better pricing by not buying from Roaring Toyz. I am having my dealership order the wheel directly from Performance Machine. They will include new bearings and can include new rotors if you want, which is the way I'm going. Should be an interesting install. The nice part about the wheel I'm going with is that is not too much narrower than stock. Stock my bike has a 130 and with the new wheel only backing down to a 120. There are several different options with the wheel. In the long run you can save money if you plan on changing the rotors for sure you're better off to go that route up front. Otherwise you will be tossing some $200 spacers in the extra parts bin. I'm hoping to have my setup all done within 3-4 weeks.
Sounds cool. Maybe I just read through it too fast, but could you clarify the Rotor/spacer comment and advice..... Thanks!

Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #43

Here's the deal on the rotor issue pertaining to the Performance Machine (same as roaring toyz bike) wheel. You can buy a couple different configurations. One will except either the stock rotors or PM rotors. If you go this route you can use your stock rotors only if you purchase a $200 set of spacers. Or you may purchase PM rotors and not need the spacers. They also make a wheel that will only accept PM aftermarket rotors. That wheel an average costs $200 less than the wheel that will accept either stock or aftermarket rotors. Gets a little confusing. PM gets a premium for their matching cut rotors. I could not get them to budge on the rotor pricing. I did get a better deal on the wheel itself though. Comes with new bearings installed. If you buy rotors they say those are already installed. Time will tell when my wheel shows up. You can save some decent money putting this "kit" together yourself instead of just ordering it all from roaring toyz. Doing it this way you have to select and mount your own tires. I went with a set of new Dunlopes. I like the fact the wheel is only a little narrower than stock. The only thing you'd need to buy from roaring toyz...if you don't make them yourself....is the fender relocation bracket. PM's timeframe to cut my wheel was quoted at 4-6 weeks. I'm at three weeks now. Getting pretty excited to start tearing into this one!

Old 03-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #44

Take pics as you work! Thanks

Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #45

Tag Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestephens View Post
It feels good to have it all back together!

New brake/turn lights (with run/brake/turn module)
Lots of powder coated pieces
13" mini-apes by Don Meyers. (had to extend hoses and electrical)

These brake/turn lights are much more visible than the LED strips I had installed on the outside edge of the rear fender. That solution wasn't visible from much of an angle besides straight behind me. These are a Kuryakyn part for a Goldwing. I sawed some of it off to change the shape, and painted the chrome black. Love it!
-The "run" setting of the module didn't give enough contrast to turn and brake in my opinion, so I disconnected that wire. I may experiment with added resistors at some point.

Mini-apes and powder coated crash bars and floor boards. Highway pegs are black now too, but not installed yet.

Nice looking back end. Found the LED's on Kuryakyn sight. Were diod you get the tag holder and does it have lighting?
Thanks, Keith