Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #46
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
On my vacation last year in Georgia I crossed I-75 going from west to east at the 16 mile point in the morning and stayed at a hotel off I-75 at the 136 mile point that nite, BUT it took me 305 miles of back-road riding to be 120 miles futher north!!
Was able to turn my haircut run into an 80 miler this time . . . Can I say that I REALLY like these pipes . . . They have the exact sound I was looking for . . . Mileage is settling down as my wrist slowly stops flexing . . .

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #47

Yea the Cobra's really sound sweet don't they? And they look great too!!
Can you post a pic?

Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #48

Quote:
Yea the Cobra's really sound sweet don't they? And they look great too!!
Can you post a pic?
Best I recall Ray, you tested both on your Vaq. Which one did you end up with left on the bike? I'm trying to decide which to get, but it is damn near impossible cuz I can't "try before I buy!"

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bear View Post
Best I recall Ray, you tested both on your Vaq. Which one did you end up with left on the bike? I'm trying to decide which to get, but it is damn near impossible cuz I can't "try before I buy!"
The comparison testing was performed on customer's skoots. Originally I had Cobra slash-cut slip-ons that I had internally modified with larger cores. When I saw a forum member's pic of his skoot with the V&H 2 into 1 full exhaust I liked the look and wanted the benefits of a proper collector design. That's what I have on now, again highly murderfied as it made LESS power than my modified s/ons.

If you want the most power and can handle the noise increase the V&H's are a good choice. For a slightly less gain in power but with a sweet turbine like sound that's a bit mellower than the V&H's then the Tri-Ovals are the choice.

HOPE THIS HELPS

RACNRAY

Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #50

Quote:
The comparison testing was performed on customer's skoots. Originally I had Cobra slash-cut slip-ons that I had internally modified with larger cores. When I saw a forum member's pic of his skoot with the V&H 2 into 1 full exhaust I liked the look and wanted the benefits of a proper collector design. That's what I have on now, again highly murderfied as it made LESS power than my modified s/ons.

If you want the most power and can handle the noise increase the V&H's are a good choice. For a slightly less gain in power but with a sweet turbine like sound that's a bit mellower than the V&H's then the Tri-Ovals are the choice.

HOPE THIS HELPS

RACNRAY
Yes Ray, that answers my question, thank you! Now about that fan switch ...

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #51

I just finished installing v&h twin slash on my 2012 Voyager and I LOVE them they have that deep rumble I was wanting. Cobra sounds good too but they seem to have a slightly higher pitch than I was wanting and yes I can feel the added power. Highly recommend.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #52

Very Happy with the V&H I put on over the winter so far but have had limited riding opportunities so far this year.
VBA #01806
Central IL Vulcan Riders

Old 04-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #53

Love my V&H twin Slashers. They sound geat! (I also have Chuckster's intake, and a Cobra Power Pro.) I still get some decel popping, and once in a while if I rev the bike in say, 2nd or 3rd gear for a while, it seems like the bike "loads up", almost as though it were running too rich. Hard to explain. Like starting off, I go through 1st gear, then 2nd and if I think I'm not gonna make it to 3rd before having to stop again, I leave it in 2nd and the RPMS's climb then level off, the bike stutters a bit. It's strange, I thought the Cobra would not allow any rich F\A mixture. (Adjustments made 80 times per second, according to the information on the Cobra power Pro) Other than that, the bike runs amazing, and has tons of pull & power through all gears. At 70-75 MPH, I can crack the throttle & be up to 90 in a couple seconds.
Kury ISO grips
V&H Twin Slash
Cobra FI2000R
Chucksters BAK
Ray's Throttle Mod
4 Polk DB521
Alpine KTP-445U Amp

Old 04-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #54

Quote:

HOPE THIS HELPS

RACNRAY
Ray,
How did you like the sound of the Cobra slash-cut slip-ons before you did any mods to the baffles?

2012 Vulcan Voyager 1700 ABS - Metallic Graystone / Metallic Spark Black
VBA #02229

Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #55

I got the cobra tri-ovals on my vaq. according to the computer i avg 46.3 mpgs today.. great sound and good mileage.. numbers calculate it out to be and actual of 46.111111 with tank topped off to about the same spot. loving this bike..

Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #56
Advanced Member

Took a 300 mile jaunt this weekend to work on the bike at a buddys about 150 miles away - first "long" ride with the new pipes - two up the whole time with my son - So figure the bike, 340 pounds of people, and about 15 pounds of stuff packed in the trunk and bags for the weekend . . . Reset the meter before I left, got home she is reading an average of 45.3 mpg . . . On the one fill up at the pump it came in right at 40 mpg for an actual calculated mileage . . . Best of all - IT SOUNDS AWESOME and LOOKS GREAT!!!!!! I'll post some pics once I get my camera back - I left it in his garage . . .

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by napom View Post
Took a 300 mile jaunt this weekend to work on the bike at a buddys about 150 miles away - first "long" ride with the new pipes - two up the whole time with my son - So figure the bike, 340 pounds of people, and about 15 pounds of stuff packed in the trunk and bags for the weekend . . . Reset the meter before I left, got home she is reading an average of 45.3 mpg . . . On the one fill up at the pump it came in right at 40 mpg for an actual calculated mileage . . . Best of all - IT SOUNDS AWESOME and LOOKS GREAT!!!!!! I'll post some pics once I get my camera back - I left it in his garage . . .

Out of all the pipes out ther 1700's i have seen i will say these look the best hanging under the bags. and u cannot beat the sound. hit 47.6 mpg on the screen yesterday.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #58

I'm also thinking of changing to the tri-Ovals for my Voyager....if I do this do I need to make any other modifications?