Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > Western Canada/Northwest Regional Rally for 2012 - "Canadian Rockies Rally"
July 17-19

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #1

Planning route to Rally

Hi guys. I am trying to divide up our 1900 mile trip to the rally and would like some feedback from those familiar with the NW area. My Route

I know the previous NW rally was in Kalispell and was curious if you guys could comment on my final day. I want to ride the Going to the Sun Road. Google is showing 325 miles from Kalispell to Canmore. Given that we will likely want to stop a bit to enjoy the view and will be forced to stop at the border, is this too far to travel in one day?

I'm comfortable with the miles, just curious about the time. The Sun Road has a slow speed limit (40/25) so it will definitely take some time, but this is only 50 miles and the rest looks less challenging.

We're planning to ride the Chief Joseph Highway and Beartooth pass along the way. Too bad we can't find more time to run through Yellowstone on this trip.

For those that have gone on these roads and think it is better to go in a particular direction, let me know as we could chose to take this path on the return trip instead.

I haven't finished the return trip, but planning to go by Devil's Tower, Spearfish Canyon, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and Carhenge.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads