Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #91
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
TFI Installed.

Thank you beez..let me know if I can be of service to your Nomad needs!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-21-2008, 08:29 PM   #92
Top Contributor

TFI Installed.

You're welcome BD :)

Old 11-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #93

Send a message via MSN to cheech Send a message via Yahoo to cheech
TFI Installed.

Thanks to all out there who led the way with these mods. I performed a bafflectomy last weekend. Today I installed a TFI and did the CaddmannQ kit on both sides, unhooked the solenoids and got marbleized. Wow, what a chore trying to find a stupid marble. INCREDIBLE! I will have to learn how to ride this bad boy all over again! Did that sound like a four barrel when I opened the throttle? Thanks again, you guys rock!

Old 11-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #94
Top Contributor

TFI Installed.

I'll be in Tampa next Sunday. Maybe I'll hear you go by

Old 11-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #95
Sr. Contributor

TFI Installed.

Nothing pleases me more than to hear another excited Nomad owner's remarks on the BD Bafflectomy, TFI and air intake!!! That is all the payment BD needs!! Errr...... maybe a beer in Custer????

I am still here to help when I can. Hey Beezer, where's my gar???

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #96

Send a message via MSN to cheech Send a message via Yahoo to cheech
TFI Installed.

It will be easier to hear me then it will to see me, Beezer! BD you're on if I make it to Custer, for sure. Still undecided on that run unless I'm able to hook up with a pack of members to team up with.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #97
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney
TFI Installed.

Yeah I might have to join to Texans up to Custer. Not sure what my vacation time will be like this upcoming year, but if I can swing it, I will be there.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #98
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
TFI Installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Nothing pleases me more than to hear another excited Nomad owner's remarks on the BD Bafflectomy, TFI and air intake!!! That is all the payment BD needs!! Errr...... maybe a beer in Custer????
Hey BD,...you should be keeping track of all the "thankyou's".
I have been reading {lurking} most threads that have anything to do with the TFI, Caddmann kit and I've lost count of the potential beers coming your way in Custer. You'll be legless if you collect it all. I must owe you a few myself. And I haven't started to install or tweak the TFI yet. Thanks for helping us that need it. Also a big thanks to you Doc. You've been a big help also. A beer or two should be coming your way to. I'll be referring back to the many posts the two of you have done. We appreciate it.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 11-23-2008, 07:26 AM   #99
Top Contributor

TFI Installed.

Quote:

I am still here to help when I can. Hey Beezer, where's my gar???
They're aging. I looked at them yesterday and they are at 61/61 in my basement. It's time to move them to a warmer room.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #100
Sr. Contributor

TFI Installed.

I know you know 70/70 is the ticket! Mine are at about 65 temp/ 75 humidity. I keep looking at some 16 year old Montecristo's "Cuban" #2 torpedos (two boxes). I've had to dust them from time to time to brush the "bloom" from them! They are so well aged and valuable that I'm afraid to smoke any of them!!! LOL. Also have two boxes of Cohiba Esplendido's "Cuban" double corona that I've owned 12 years that I was told already had 8 years on them when I got them!

Don't worry too much about the temp until it gets below 50. When temps fall the humidity goes with it and thats the killer of a good gar. I have an automatic humidity control that I keep between 70-75. Moist enough that I have to maybe re torch once in a while half way through.

Kind of cool and cloudy overcast. Got a late fall look in the air today. Think I'll strike up a fire in the firepit outside with a gar and a warm glass of Amaretto. Time to think about which new rear tire to put on before the Custer trip. Maybe a throttle lock? I do my best thinking in that environment!!

Member # 0005

Old 11-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #101
Top Contributor

TFI Installed.

I put a bigger woodstove in this weekend. This one is supposed to get up to 12 hours burn time on one load. It's about 30 here now.

Those Monti #2 sound great.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #102

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
TFI Installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech
Thanks to all out there who led the way with these mods. I performed a bafflectomy last weekend. Today I installed a TFI and did the CaddmannQ kit on both sides, unhooked the solenoids and got marbleized. Wow, what a chore trying to find a stupid marble. INCREDIBLE! I will have to learn how to ride this bad boy all over again! Did that sound like a four barrel when I opened the throttle? Thanks again, you guys rock!
I gotta say thanks again BD 'cause I took her out Saturday and while she still won't bark the tire it pulls hills and curves with an ass load of power and torque without down shifting. When I do down shift I have to grab the seat with the cheeks of my ass! The gas mileage as best as I can tell according to the fuel gauge is close to unchanged. I couldn't find a marble or a ball bearing either so I used a wire nut Oh, and no more aggravating pinging!!! That was worth the $200.00 set back, which I shall deduct from my wife's Christmas and Anniversary present(s). :-* :-*

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 11-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #103
Sr. Contributor

TFI Installed.

Just remember itsemt, don't implicate me to your wifes lack of gifts!!!

No pinging is worth it to me too. Especially on regular gas!!!! Today I was following a Beemer in a cage and I had the speedo at 85 (more like about 77) and nailed it and ripped by him rather easily!!!

Member # 0005

Old 11-24-2008, 05:50 AM   #104
Top Contributor

TFI Installed.

I put a new rear tire on last weekend. I rode down in the rain like on pins and needles with the bald one but it was worse riding home with the new more slippery one. Everytime I shifted in lower gears I felt the tire break loose.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #105

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
TFI Installed.

Quote:
Just remember itsemt, don't implicate me to your wifes lack of gifts!!!

No pinging is worth it to me too. Especially on regular gas!!!! Today I was following a Beemer in a cage and I had the speedo at 85 (more like about 77) and nailed it and ripped by him rather easily!!!
Let not your heat be troubled BD. Even in circumstances where I could not be found @ fault due to a lack of evidence, she found me GUILTY AS HELL! :(" title="" border="0"/> Tricking my beloved bike out on her nickel was sadly a sacrifice I was willing to make.

AS I was was installing the Caddmann on the bike I started to save the sixty dollars and leave the port side stock with the K&N, but due to my experience and time spent in strip bars and time spent with strippers I made the decision to enhanced both sides. My conscious go to me.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead