Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 04-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #1

Freedom Performance True Duals

I'm in the market for FP True Duals for my Vaquero but can't find any in stock anyplace, they are all backordered. I was curious if anyone knows of a vendor who has them in stock, or if anyone has information on the backorder status?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #2

Have you tried SSCustomcyle.com?
Avon Grips with Ray's Throttle Mod
Vance and Hines slipons

Old 04-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqman View Post
I'm in the market for FP True Duals for my Vaquero but can't find any in stock anyplace, they are all backordered. I was curious if anyone knows of a vendor who has them in stock, or if anyone has information on the backorder status?
Got mine from Indy Superbikes near Indianapolis.
www.indysuperbikes.com
I don't know if they stock them, but it might be worth a try.
VBA#02576

Old 04-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Looks like they have them here if you want to pay the $

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/fr...FclDMgodOw8Agg
Rockford Fosgate Punch PEQ Equalizer
Garmin Nuvi 4555 GPS Unit
Kawasaki Aux Light Kit
Ipod Kit w/4th Gen Ipod
Laam Custom Seat w/modified Backrest
Avon Grips w/RACNRAY's mod
Aluminum Mirror Risers
Clearview Large Windshield
Chuckster Trailer Hitch
12v accessory plug
VROC Member #36236

"I have not failed, I just found 10,000 ways that won't work" - Thomas A. Edison

Old 04-05-2014, 03:51 PM   #5

Mine are still on back order from sscustomcycles been over a month. You can get them if you want chrome

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #6

Thanks for all the input, looks like I have to wait. I already checked with Indy and they don't have any in stock (I am wanting the black ones) and have them on back order from westend. If they are also backordered on ss, then i"ll try and be patient.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #7

This is where I bought mine

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 04-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #8

This exhaust is truly awesome when you get it installed. Got out for my first ride of the season today and the sound is phenomenal! Finally sounds like a kick-ass big v-twin!
Just be prepared for lots of fussing and swearing when mounting the heat shields. I spent as much time on those as I did taking the stock exhaust off and installing the new FP. Barked the skin off every single knuckle on both hands too. Wife asked if I had been in a fight.
However, one ride and I'm over the trauma, lol.
VBA#02576

Last edited by Mav1; 04-06-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #9

mav, any words of wisdom which will help with the heat shields? doesn't sound like much fun. just checked with westend today and they said backordered until april 23, not happy because i want them, but don't know what else to do.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #10

Quote:
mav, any words of wisdom which will help with the heat shields? doesn't sound like much fun. just checked with westend today and they said backordered until april 23, not happy because i want them, but don't know what else to do.
I pre-installed (loosely) the heat shield on the left rear pipe. The worst one is the front heat shield that has 4 clamps. The clamps have to be looped through the brackets on the heat shield and then spread to go over the installed exhaust header. Then the fun begins, trying to line up the ends of the clamps and re-start them for tightening. Easy job if you have 12 inch long fingers that are about .5 inches in diameter. It is just really tight to get your fingers even on the clamps, never mind getting tools back in there. A fellow forum member on the VulcanForum said that he actually left one of the clamps off due to the difficulty of trying to get it in place. I can guarantee it was the bottom front clamp on the front heat shield. That one was a bitch!

If I were doing this install again, I would tape the front heat shield up with painters tape to protect it as much as possible, and loosely pre-install it. You would have to be VERY careful while positioning the front header pipe so that you dont scratch the heat shield, but this method, if it works will save you an incredible amount of stress later. You can actually get a wrench on the acorn nuts that mount the header to the engine with the heat shield in place, again you just need to be very careful.

The heat shield on the rear header was not as difficult. Maybe that was because I did it after the front one, which was close to impossible. I think you could mount this heat shield after all else is done, without too much difficulty.

One other point. In the instructions, it sounds like you should be able to just slide the mufflers onto the header pipes with no difficulty. NOT! I wound up having to sand the paint and high points off the inside of the front of the mufflers, and then put a very light coat of WD40 on them to slide them into place. That worked just fine.

All else went fine, and as I said before, all my trauma from mounting this exhaust melted away within 5 minutes of riding.

When I took the bike out, my neighbor from several doors down had a buddy stop by on his Harley. You should have seen them looking and talking when I pulled out of the drive. I know they were wondering what the bike was and what pipes it had on it (first time my neighbor has seen this new bike and only from a distance). I will pop by his place another day to show him but thought the curiosity would be good for a while
VBA#02576

Old 04-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #11

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a try and hope for good results. I am excited to get them because I can't wait to hear them......Your experience sounds like it is all worth while.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a try and hope for good results. I am excited to get them because I can't wait to hear them......Your experience sounds like it is all worth while.
It is. The blacked out exhaust looks like it was made for my orange/black Vaq. It is a bit longer than stock as well, so the chrome tips really stand out.
And the sound just simply kick a$$!
VBA#02576

Old 04-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav1 View Post
It is. The blacked out exhaust looks like it was made for my orange/black Vaq. It is a bit longer than stock as well, so the chrome tips really stand out.
And the sound just simply kick a$$!

Mav1

what type of power commander or others fuel controller did you used on your bike for the FP pipes? any recommendation?

thanks

Old 04-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbui View Post
Mav1

what type of power commander or others fuel controller did you used on your bike for the FP pipes? any recommendation?

thanks
I used the Cobra FI2000 power pro (continuous) tuner. Very happy with the smooth performance and acceleration. I don't really track mileage, but others have reported improved mileage with the power pro.
I'm experiencing a fair amount of popping occasionally on decel. However, have only ridden a couple of times with the new exhaust so want to give some time to work everything in. I'm also going to run some 87 octane fuel. When I changed the exhaust on my 900 I found that running lower octane fuel significantly reduced popping and detonations on decel. Bet the same happens here.
So far I am happy with the setup, but will have more to report after getting at least 1,000km on the new system.
VBA#02576

Old 04-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #15

I was able to talk to the guys at Freedom over the weekend At Laughlin River Run, and they said that they are starting to ship to the distributors, but they were only able to ship 20 sets out of 100 in production due to a production issue, hopfully the rest will be coming out soon. when I called them directly last week they said 6 to 8 weeks, so who knows.....been waiting a month for mine and still don't have.

2012 Voyager / Gone
2006 Vulcan Classic Anniversary Edition / Gone

VBA #02052
VROC #34932