Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Was it dkdixie?

The wife and I took the bikes out for a ride today and hit some back roads up towards Dalonega, Turner's Corner, and back around towards Cleveland. Heading back, between Cleveland and Dalonega, we stopped at a gas station for a drink and fuel. We met a guy there, riding a black Victory and as we were talking and he was looking at my Nomad, he said he had just met a guy at one of the overlooks up on Richard Russell Pkwy that had a red and black Nomad with a car tire on the back who was from Blairsville. After putting 2 and 2 together, I figured it had to be Dick (dkdixie). If we had taken some different turns up that way, we might have met up with you, DK.
Maybe another time.
Don (jd01)

Don Denman "JD"
2001 Luminous Vintage Red carbed 1500 Nomad
VBA #376
VROC #6195

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-31-2009, 10:31 PM   #2

Was it dkdixie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd01
The wife and I took the bikes out for a ride today and hit some back roads up towards Dalonega, Turner's Corner, and back around towards Cleveland. Heading back, between Cleveland and Dalonega, we stopped at a gas station for a drink and fuel. We met a guy there, riding a black Victory and as we were talking and he was looking at my Nomad, he said he had just met a guy at one of the overlooks up on Richard Russell Pkwy that had a red and black Nomad with a car tire on the back who was from Blairsville. After putting 2 and 2 together, I figured it had to be Dick (dkdixie). If we had taken some different turns up that way, we might have met up with you, DK.
Maybe another time.
Don (jd01)

That was me!!
Too bad we didn't meet up.
Need to give me a holler when your up this way. With some pre-notice, can probably get 2-3 more forum members to join in.

Dick Campbell
Blairsville, GA
2008 Red & Black Nomad 1600
(retired)
2009 1900 Yamaha Stratoliner (retired)
2013 1900 Yamaha Stratoliner
2018 CanAm RT Limited Spyder (Sold)
2014 Goldwing Roadsmith Red Trike (Sold)
2019 Goldwing DCT Roadsmith Copper & Black Trike

VBA #243
Darkside #115
Patriot Guard Rider
American Legion Rider