Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #1

More bling

(Reposted from my nomad blogging thread at Motorcycle-USA.com, just so you guys don't have to click off to another forum.)

Day 1757
30,973 miles

My matching chrome bumper for the front fender came and I put it on last night.

The same 4 bolts that hold this chrome doo-dad to the fork legs also hold on the front fender and the front reflectors and the front brake hose guides. I can tell you it was a pain in the butt to get all that stuff lined up at once without removing the brake covers, and front wheel, and without scratching the fender all up.
It took my wife and I over an hour, and then it didn't fit quite right & we took it all back apart.

If you buy one, IGNORE the instructions that say to place the chrome tabs inside the fender. Locate them between the fender and the fork legs or you'll be taking it all apart again like I did. (Pack rags under the fender to support it in place above the tire while you struggle to align all the holes.)

Anyhow, it all came together finally and looks pretty nice considering I got it for $100 (which is $54 less than normally advertized.) The big thing is that perhpas it'll protect that $450 front fender from being bent in some minor mishap.

LOL...Yes those are my white knees in the reflection, and we have been shopping at OSH.

Login or Register to Remove Ads