Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Fanny packs never went out of style, just go to Sun City on a weekend and you see seniors sporting them all over the place.
OUCH!! That's going to leave a mark!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by napom View Post
For just mounting a GPS I have been happy with the item you linked - Heck I may have the guy who originally posted that - I have ridden with my GPS in that in heavy rain with no problems - Only issue I have is that it is hard to read the GPS sometimes in bright light.

If you are looking for windshield bags - Shoot me a PM - I have two sets (two bags per set) - one large and one smaller that I had on my Sabre - You can try them out if you want . . .
The negative amazon reviews took the waterproof claim too literally I suppose. Maybe should be advertised as water resistant.

Another option could be a non water resist holder and a ziplock bag. Just put the bag on the device alone and then clip or strap it into the holder.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #18

You might want to keep your wallet on your person.

Ask Terry Conrad w/ROK. If you have a mishap, having your wallet on your bike can be a real pain for all concerned.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 10-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #19

I've seen folks mount small detachable bags below tour packs. I have one mounted in place of the passenger back rest on my tour pack ( I don't ride 2 up). Recently purchased and installed a Flash2Pass garage door opener just to declutter the handle bars and prevent the loss of my opener when hitting an unseen pot hole. You can find the Flash2Pass on Ebay for about $60 with free shipping. Wired into you Hi beam side, you just hit the Hi beams twice and up or down goes the door.

Last edited by gman47; 10-28-2012 at 12:25 PM.