Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
Top Contributor

"Next Life" by Woody Allen

In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities,you become a baby until you are born. And then you spendyour last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm!

I rest my case.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Sr. Contributor

May be that is how the next life starts off or may be that exists in another universe if you believe the "many worlds" theory. Whatever the case, I won't be seeing life in reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer

In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities,you become a baby until you are born. And then you spendyour last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm!

I rest my case.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #3

That sounds great Beez, Sign me up!!!

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
Top Contributor

I read a book based on that exact premise 30 or so years ago. It was a pretty good story. I wish I could remember the title.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #5

Wasn't that the premise of Mork & Mindy ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-21-2008, 12:15 AM   #6

Wow, Mork and Mindy, CMQ you showin your age.LOL. I remember that show well.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #7

When you're as bald as me, it's hard to hide anyway.

(And spelling...spelling gets harder. Typing too. ::) )

Old 04-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Nico was the product of one ugly orgasm..... :-)

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 04-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket
I read a book based on that exact premise 30 or so years ago. It was a pretty good story. I wish I could remember the title.
I finally found it. I would be willing to bet this is where Woody Allen got the idea from.

Counter Clock World

Written in 1967, Counter Clock World is a unique sci-fi story that also incorporates all the depth and reckless imagination that fans of Philip K. Dick know and love. Building off the basic premises of one or two major concepts, the story is a wild ride in which intrigue and deception gain a whole new meaning.

Curiously, Counter Clock World takes place in 1998. Due to a bizarre scientific effect called the Hobart Phase time moves in reverse. The dead are reborn and "grow" into childhood eventually returning to the womb from whence they came.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 04-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #10

I'm hoping to avoid the all too common life course of being a baby, then maturing, then getting old, then getting too old and reverting back to an infant.

My father in law went out that way a few months back. Turning back into an infant isn't the way I want to go out.