Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #16

I guess 99% versus 1%... gonna be hard to support em.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tea Party vs Occupy.jpg (38.3 KB, 13 views)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #17

I just used 50% as an example, A lot of the executives that make the big bucks are not worth a fraction of what they get.
Just look at the auto industry, the ceo of GM was getting 28 million a year, and put the company in the toilet.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
I just used 50% as an example, A lot of the executives that make the big bucks are not worth a fraction of what they get.
Just look at the auto industry, the ceo of GM was getting 28 million a year, and put the company in the toilet.

I agree with you on this. Between the greed from both management and the unions the Detroit companies dug their own grave by producing junk for many years. It wasn't until the Japanese showed them how to do it and took market share that Detroit started to improve quality.

The quality today is light years better. The cars are not as cool (most anyway) as they were years ago but more reliable.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Last edited by schoeney; 04-25-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagemastr View Post
:NR: Your link to the dark intentions... I teach HS, and it is so far from the truth it is evident you have never been in a classroom teaching! What a total waste of my time to even recognize it and wil restrain from comment beyond that or risk being banned from the board... but I bet it gets your goat that I am teaching your kids
Doesnt matter what I think Page, but I'm betting you can guess... here's what Ohio (I'm assuming you teach in Ohio) has for statistics as you pointed out.

Locally and nationally, graduation rates need a big push: editorial
http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/ind...y_graduat.html

And I know liberals dont like fox because they bring up to many facts and that scares them...but here's one from them.

High School Graduation Rates Plummet Below 50 Percent in Some U.S. Cities
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...#ixzz1t4Y3J157

Want more views on the education system and the educators not performing the job of educating our children and our future.. google it.....argue with the results. Not me... I'm just another messenger.

By the way, you dont know me, you dont know my race, you dont know my income, you dont know my education level...you dont know anything about me other than I am against what has been proven to be a failure despite increased taxes for and spent on something that keeps proving it doesnt work, and by that fact alone that I dont agree with your view you make a personal judgement on who I am... talk about hypocrisy..... Where's your freedom of speech you profess?

1946 George Orwell

Last edited by NRiderUSA; 04-25-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #20

Pagemstr, are you a History teacher ?
VBA # 1234
VROC # 32837
Patriot Guard Riders
Naval Advisory Group Vietnam 69-70

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #21

I hope he isnt a math or economics educator...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #22
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRiderUSA View Post
Doesnt matter what I think Page, but I'm betting you can guess... here's what Ohio (I'm assuming you teach in Ohio) has for statistics as you pointed out.

By the way, you dont know me...and by that fact alone that I dont agree with your view you make a personal judgement on who I am... talk about hypocrisy..... Where's your freedom of speech you profess?
My first impression of your video and what it was suggesting... loony-tunes, but hey, people are entitled to their opinions, but it is not based on any facts I have seen in 20 years in education. l still however stand by my suggestion that if this is your impression of our goal in public education then my impression remains... that you have never been in front of a class. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. How am I being a hypocrite to suggest it based on that video?

I teach in an inner city school district, not too hard to figure out where giving you only two options for my area. Our most recent (building) numbers: graduation rate >94%, attendance rate >95% ALL State standards met, well over $6M in scholarships offered to our seniors this year (still counting). Great kids, parents, and staff all working together and the system works for those who place a value in it. Unfortunately there are those who don't, hence the numbers you mentioned. Blame it on a broken system, or broken families, no easy answers, but to blame it entirely on the people who devote their lives to working with kids... walk a mile in their shoes. I have been told I can be a little condescending, and make no apologies for it

btw: Where in my responses have I mentioned anything re: freedom of speech? Where did that come from?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #23

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong...maybe not.

Public "Education" has become indoctrination and distraction

1946 George Orwell

Last edited by NRiderUSA; 04-25-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #24

"If I wanted America to Fail..."

I'd produce a nifty little YouTube video full of cliches steeped in an intoxicating blend of fear, uncertainty and doubt, all delivered with not-so-subtle jingoistic undertones.

Unfortunately, each and every issue this guy mentioned is far more complex than his bumper sticker politic, sound bite solution, blind emotion performance can even begin to address.

Let's all find somebody else to blame. The Right can blame the Left, the Left can blame the Right. It'll never get us to a solution, but we'll all feel better about ourselves.

2007 Vulcan Nomad
in Bad-Assed black.
I call her
"Black Betty"

Disclaimer: The opinion(s) expressed in the above post are just that - OPINION. Chill out, take a breath, and remember this is only an internet forum, and everyone here has an opinion.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #25
Advanced Member

Quote:
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong...maybe not.

Public "Education" has become indoctrination and distraction
"It isn't the way teachers want it, it's just because it happens that way" from your video. Or more to the point, it is how we are legislated to teach, to a test, of little value, which has nothing to do with creativity and in fact stifles it, all to make politicians who have also never visited a classroom feel better... they call it accountability . If creativity is of such importance then please tell me why, when they start cutting staff, ARTS teachers are the first to go?

Sadly rather than do actual research (or perhaps spend time in a classroom) people seem content to Google or search Youtube to find talking points they agree with in an effort to try to convince others who have the experience and disagree with your point. Speak of the dumbing down of society! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, yours is one I strongly disagree with no matter how many videos you find or post.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #26

Thanks, your rationalization of "Legislated teaching" being the issue just proved my (and a whole lot of others in America) point on Big Government is not a solution... it is the problem.
And this is only one example of how Government control can make a system fail with the attempt of controlling it.

The tabacco tax for education, the lottery piece going education, the local taxes going to education, the fed taxes going to education.... all we are doing is pumping money into a system that "redistributes" the wealth of those taxes into other things leaving the thing it was meant for broke with a bunch of IOU's....as long as the Government is running it.. there will never be enough money and there will never be any change.

As far as your and my view on what the education system does... thats not going to change.

Whether you like the source of youtube or not, its valid information for pointing out that your side isnt the only one... and I'm not alone in mine.
So like it or not, you tube, Fox, Newspaper atricles etc etc.... are the only form of proving that other views exists to most people.

1946 George Orwell

Last edited by NRiderUSA; 04-26-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #27
Advanced Member

Quote:
...leaving the thing it was meant for broke with a bunch of IOU's....as long as the Government is running it.. there will never be enough money and there will never be any change.
speaking of IOU's...two recently unfunded wars, IOU's are OK then right?

Quote:
...As far as your and my view on what the education system does... thats not going to change.

Whether you like the source of youtube or not, its valid information for pointing out that your side isnt the only one... and I'm not alone in mine.
So like it or not, you tube, Fox, Newspaper atricles etc etc.... are the only form of proving that other views exists to most people.
We can agree to disagree on the education system, and as you suggested I don't know your background. I do however stand by my belief that had you ever spent time in the classroom your views would be different from what your video suggests.

Feel free to express your views, however in the process when someone disagrees it is comical, no, insanely laughable to suggest that because of a different view... somehow we hate America! I am not the one making posts incessantly bitching and whining about how bad it is in America, so as I was told, if it is so bad "then move out", find somewhere else to go where you have this freedom to complain... where you also have the freedom to leave !

I never suggested my view was the only one, or of the majority, though you and a few others here seem to have that view well under control as any time someone posts a differing view the responses suggest these views are unamerican and that we should leave... hilarious! To suggest your views are those that "exists(sic) to most people?" Only in your world do you believe your opinions are those of "most people." My opinions are mine, and wonder what evidence (as you seemingly long for) suggests your opinions are of a majority. Fox news? Hypocrisy: "a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude." Need I say more?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #28

Never said anyone should leave, never said anyone couldnt have their own view... actually I think I have said on several posts the purpose of my posts is to get discussions going....sometimes I learn a different point of view has merit, sometimes I still believe what I know from my experiences in my life.

You did bring up one point that I have a question on though, if your so against Fox what is your source of information for finding out truth and both sides and views of any he said she said news blast... Im really curious, what do you use to determine what the whole story is? If Fox is so biased or as you implied hypocritical?

The most recent thing without going through a long drawn history is Trayvon "Racist hunter killed him", turns out most of the information given from the liberal media was manipulated, distorted and in some cases even manufactured by leaving out or masking the truth.... so where do you get your credible news from?

1946 George Orwell

Last edited by NRiderUSA; 04-26-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #29
Advanced Member

Quote:
.... so where do you get your credible news from?
... here http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/24/24-policies-that-republicans-supported-before-they-were-against-them/ I couldn't resist!

Hey, it's Friday... too wet to ride, going to campground and chill... literally perhaps! No news available there... one channel... retro!

To update an eariler post: $7.3M in scholarships offered to ~50 of our students (more accurate numbers Monday, AP/ACT, student performance stats part of my job), one of whom has an award from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation of a ten year scholarship covering tuition, books, room and board at a US college of his choice (not included in above number). This is a first for us and I had not heard of it until this week but he totally earned it! Prior to this, the best one of my students did was a full ride to MIT in computer programming (top score on my AP CS test... for those asking what I teach). I don't mind repeating that the education system works for those who value it! Not bad for an inner city school in Ohio.

Your dark side video of our educational motivations is sad, sad that people actually believe that bullshit and is so far from reality as to be laughable, but hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion, sort of like, well, needless to say... . More than that it is sad to see those opinions, more often than not, of persons who are clueless on what goes on in a HS classroom. Yeah, I don't know you, but I have learned enough from your posts to confidently wager that you have never been in front of a class. When you get there, please, I would love hearing of your views... at which time I may lend some credibility to them...let me know what it is like when reality of teaching in an inner city classroom hits home! I ask again to correct me if I am wrong. But hey, feel free to lavish in your opinions, however far removed from reality they may be... your video, truly clueless propoganda bullshit!

Sad however: During awards ceremony today I had to relinquish my throne (laugh if you want for calling it that ) as teacher of the year from last year to another well deserving professional who has devoted 36 years to teaching history, also a former HS coach who is in the OHSAA hall of fame. My point I suppose, as I said earlier, walk a mile... teaching is the hardest job one could ever love!

So to answer your post...If I wanted America to fail... I would cut funding to our educational system... I would limit access to voting under the guise that voting fraud is rampant while ignoring that a democracy survives only at the polls. I would listen to the right-wing propaganda suggesting teachers are lazy, overpaid, undeserving of respect and they are only interested in teaching so they could have the summers off and that we are more of the problem than we are the obvious solution. I would place blame for all the ills in America at the feet of our educational system, I would take money from the classroom and hand it out to companies whose primary interest is not education, but to make a buck on the backs of taxpayers. If I wanted America to fail I would use Google and Youtube to try to justify my shortcomings as a parent and put blame on a student's failure on anyone but the student. So much for personal responsibility I suppose... walk a mile! If I wanted this country to fail I would suggest that someone who has a different view than their presumed 'majority' minds are capable of considering, to leave the country, and that we sound like terrorists (earlier thread... still laughing ).

Educating future taxpayers who will help pay for the great (where not crumbling) roads we have to ride on rather than be a burden on society... I love my job! Take a look around, who is doing the cutting and who is supporting us as we do our best to educate your kids and cheer their success in spite of the opinions expressed here?

Re Travon: The person who wrote the law and Jeb Bush both said right after the shooting that the stand your ground law didn't apply... MNSHO: he should have been arested much earlier than he was! I support the new Castle law in OH...your point?

Last edited by pagemastr; 04-28-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #30

As far as anyone was for before they were against it stuff.....have you ever listen to the before elected and after elected speeches of your saviour? Probably not since you dont do Fox.

Typical liberal, your earlier reply shows by your own words blaming the overregulation of education by legislation and that Big Government doesnt work and why it should not be in control of everything, then you turn around and try to rationalize how its better to have big government..... you stand for nothing except yourself.

And as many times as you take pot shots at Fox, I am still curious as to your sources of information.

and just for fun.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg No Job No House No Gas No Food No Problem.jpg (52.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 3 Stooges.jpg (63.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Bench-scotus-590.jpg (57.1 KB, 6 views)

1946 George Orwell