Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 09-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #1

"Welcome"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "CHAINSAW"
To the Comedy site. Wonder whatever happened to the great motorcycle forum this use to be? I'm just sayin. It's sure not like it use to be. ??? ??? ???
+1

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #2

"Welcome"

That's exactly what I said in my Garmin thread.
You click on new topics and half the page is stupid jokes.
I was told some of the members like stupid jokes.
I was also called a grouch. Thanks Brad. :-*
I just put the cursor on the thread and see if it is a joke and if it is I just ignore it.
Different strokes for different folks.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 09-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Top Contributor

"Welcome"

I think most everyone is pissed at all the rain and can't ride. Me for one :(
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #4

"Welcome"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "CHAINSAW"
To the Comedy site. Wonder whatever happened to the great motorcycle forum this use to be? I'm just sayin. It's sure not like it use to be. ??? ??? ???
It doesn't feel the same to me either. It is the comedy site and silly as well. Too often, someone starts a thread in earnest. A couple of people give their serious related opinions or suggestions. Then here come some folks bantering personal unrelated comments. I think that is usually considered disrespectful and highjacking the thread.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
Mega-Contributor

"Welcome"

Good observation, Al. I seldom read posts that aren't motorcycle related. I usually avoid the stupid jokes and political crap posted here.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Mega-Contributor

"Welcome"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish
I think most everyone is pissed at all the rain and can't ride. Me for one :(
What rain? ???
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 09-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #7

"Welcome"

Perhaps some of the problem is the new topics button it's self.
Before I got in the habit of using it, I used to go through each section and see what was new avoiding the joke section unless I wanted to visit it.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 09-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
"Welcome"

It's funny how we have 2 different takes on KawaNOW.

I've talked many time on this subject to Todd, SWB and others that have been here since the beginning and they don't post hardly at all because this place turned from a bar like laughing zone to a political BS zone. They used to think it was fun. Now with so many members and "heated" opinions they rarely post here anymore... I mean how many times do we need to discuss running radials with bias tires?? 50?? 100? Dynabeads? Really? running premium?? "whats your TFI setting? I think hijacking stems from the same questions asked over and over and over again. JMO ;)

I guess change we can believe in isn't for everyone... :-/

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #9

"Welcome"

I agree. It's not what it used to be. I don't like some of the comments posted as well. One that comes to mind is when someone recently got in an accident, and a comment was made you must have been riding too close, because he laid his bike down when he almost rear ended someone. I don't think that had to be said. I think that rider knew if he was too close and if he made a mistake. Other accidents posted on this site drew similar reactions. Some things are beyond control and others aren't. Constructive criticism is the way to go. So I have to say in some cases I don't think those riders, critics, are necessarily better riders.

As far as politics goes if one wants to talk about it, I guess that's ok but I'm not here for that.

Discussing recurring questions that seem to always come up, newbies should be reminded about the search function on this site.

I also don't think posting jokes when someone is asking a serious question involving a subject covered many times, should be just an excuse to post a joke and turn the thread another direction. It seems that those people just want to post for the sake of it.

OK now you can shoot me.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
Mega-Contributor

"Welcome"

Hopefully, the new forum software will have a more robust search engine so members can find answers to routine questions. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy helping people with technical information but once you've been through several new member "cycles" 95% of them all ask the same questions. I think having a decent search engine may help.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 09-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #11

"Welcome"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
It's funny how we have 2 different takes on KawaNOW.

I've talked many time on this subject to Todd, SWB and others that have been here since the beginning and they don't post hardly at all because this place turned from a bar like laughing zone to a political BS zone. They used to think it was fun. Now with so many members and "heated" opinions they rarely post here anymore... I mean how many times do we need to discuss running radials with bias tires?? 50?? 100? Dynabeads? Really? running premium?? "whats your TFI setting? I think hijacking stems from the same questions asked over and over and over again. JMO ;)

I guess change we can believe in isn't for everyone... :-/
With a better search function perhaps the same question would not be asked over and over. But, that is not the case. Frankly, I does not bother me to either ask for a repeat or to read a repeat question about equipment, mods or taking care of the Nomad. One reason - the answers differ from question to question and new info often is injected into the answer.

I was guilty of doing to much political posting but after getting in to useless debates about BS I have given that up.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #12

"Welcome"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavor
Discussing recurring questions that seem to always come up, newbies should be reminded about the search function on this site.

What should we remind them, that the search function on this site isn't worth the effort to try. ::)

One of the reasons I liked this site is the way we always help the newbie. If we start telling the new guys/girls to use the search function as we have answered this question 100 times to new people like you and we are fed up with it, do you think we will gain any new members? Or do you think people will stay away from us know it all high mucky mucks. ???
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
"Welcome"

No shootin' here Flavor... Your entitled to express your opinion. If people here don't like the forum then they can do what they do with the TV.... Turn the freekin channel and move on.. when this place turns into too much of a cry baby zone I'll be gone with no fan fare... quietly into the night like one should. Not moaning and bitching on the way out.. remember JMO.

Depends on the "serious" question flavor. Posting a "poll" on who uses nitrogen in their tires is going to accomplish/benefit what to the Nomad owner??? to me that is posting just for the sake of it.

"Who uses Amsoil?" threads..... those to most are NOT serious questions. Those are Op-ed's and nothing but... If someone like Mac has a serious idea on a known problem with the Nomad's design and has an idea, now that's a serious topic. It benefits all.

How many members turn Mac's answers into jokes.... Not many. I'm hoping my thoughts on this are a little clearer.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #14

"Welcome"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
No shootin' here Flavor... Your entitled to express your opinion. If people here don't like the forum then they can do what they do with the TV.... Turn the freekin channel and move on.. when this place turns into too much of a cry baby zone I'll be gone with no fan fare... quietly into the night like one should. Not moaning and bitching on the way out.. remember JMO.

Depends on the "serious" question flavor. Posting a "poll" on who uses nitrogen in their tires is going to accomplish/benefit what to the Nomad owner??? to me that is posting just for the sake of it.

"Who uses Amsoil?" threads..... those to most are NOT serious questions. Those are Op-ed's and nothing but... If someone like Mac has a serious idea on a known problem with the Nomad's design and has an idea, now that's a serious topic. It benefits all.

How many members turn Mac's answers into jokes.... Not many. I'm hoping my thoughts on this are a little clearer.
Yep, it clear. Cristal clear. But, do you like Amsoil?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #15

"Welcome"

It's Bush's fault...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417