Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2018, 10:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
Hahahaha...

Hopefully that quiets down this blatantly obvious insurrection from Ray & Erik to take over the VBA and convert us all over to that Polaris brand?
heeheehee...but let me tell u'all there are MANY aspects of my Vaq I miss, and where Indian not only fell short but just missed the boat on things.

It is SO much harder for these old pre-historic 2 valve air cooled engines to get them to meet EPA regs, I wanted to put pedals on my Indian it was so damn lean. The Kawi 1700 has the serious advantage in technology (NOT in the tranny, it sucks compared to the Indian) but in the engine: 4 valves, liquid cooling, a great combustion chamber design, stout clutch, etc.

Thankfully, I am a motorcyclist and a professional m/c technician, I look at skoots from 2 different perspectives. Kinda allows me to be more open minded and less stubborn in the "my bike is better than yours" attitudes that exist out there.

RACNRAY