Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandreu View Post
I got the same one, another clue is look at the sending email address very close. There's usually a slight difference.

Email and Internet scammers should be lined up and shot, they try to take advantage of desperate people. The Internet is a great thing and the scammers are making it worthless.
I feel the same way about the scumbags who deliberately release viruses, trojans, worms, etc., on the internet especially to try and sell you some program to remove the virus they put on your system. They should be lined up and shot.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
That would be funny to me as I use a Mac.
The third time it was at my cottage, very basic party line phone still in my dad's name who had never touched a computer and passed away 7 years ago. Yet she insisted his computer was a problem. I strung her along for a bit, but it can't be my computer etc. Then I asked what it was like to go to work and spend everyday lying and trying to cheat other people, she hung up.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 06-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #18

I have a jon boat that I've listed on Craigslist. In the ad I deliberately left out information any legitimate buyer would want to know (condition of motor etc..). I received an email from a "gentleman" that was willing to buy it, unseen with no questions asked. Unfortunately he was out of town visiting his son but offered to overnight a check and arrange for someone to pick it up. The letter I received was actually well written except for one slip up. I told him to call me and we would discuss specifics since, as a cop, his response resembled many scams I had investigated. I still haven't received a call.