Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
VBA Founder

Voting closed...KawaNOW stays on Proboards.

Addendum: It's Thursday, Aug 2, 2007 and I decided to go ahead and close the voting. Voting results: 15% FOR moving to Delphi / 85% AGAINST moving. KawaNOW will stay on Proboards.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been suggested to me that moving the KawaNOW Message Forum over to Delphi instead of keeping it on Proboards would be better for the user and give the user more features and capabilities. Some of you already frequent Delphi to read messages from other boards.

So, I created this poll message to give all KawaNOW Forum members the chance to vote as to whether they would like to move this forum over to Delphi or leave it here on Proboards.

For those that may not know, there are various brands or types of message boards on the web that can be used to host a message board. Proboards and Delphi are two types that offer varying benefits for the user.

I created KawaNOW to be a democracy when it comes to sharing information about the Nomad. I may have started it, but to me, it's your message board. I take all suggestions and comments seriously. So, feel free to vote as to whether you would like to see the KawaNOW message board move over to Delphi or leave it where it is on Proboards. Please be totally honest in your voting.

I'll keep this poll active for a week or so to allow everyone time to log in and vote if they want to. Also, I will be taking into consideration other factors that may effect the ultimate decision. For instance, as of 7/28/2007, we have 140 members here on the KawaNOW Message Board. If after a week of voting, only a small percentage vote, I will consider that a "No" decision because of a low voter turnout. I don't want to take the chance of loosing members to a move that most did not vote on. Also, if the vote is a tie, I will consider that a "No". So, place your vote and make it count.

Be sure and read the posts below. They can give you insight on any questions you might have. Feel free to post any questions you may have concerning the use of Proboards vs Delphi.

Thanks,
Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #2

I dont know anything about Delphi, so I havent a clue which way to respond. What does that platform have that Proboards doesn't? Can someone please educate me?

Old 07-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
VBA Founder

lw,
I've only logged into Delphi a few times, so I'm probably not very well qualified to answer your question. However, Groundhog or blowndodge can probably answer better since they use Delphi quite often.

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 07-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #4

Trip,

Am I correct that to have a sig pic and such on Delphi you have to be a paying member? I do belong to a few forums on Delphi as a Basic non-paying member, and I think you do..... The one nice feature there is that you are notified by e-mail if you have a message.... Other than that I am very happy right here..... why join the crowd?
Nico

http://www.delphiforums.com/plus.htm

Old 07-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #5

I am a memeber of Delphi and I feel its a great user friendly site. So I would say yes to the move Trip. Cheers

Chris

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #6

I participate on both sites... don't see much benefit with delphi, even after paying to upgrade my "membership". The two things I see as differences: email notification that someone responded to your question and the possibility that the site can be linked or at least found from another delphi site. Neither seem that big a benefit to warrant changing. This board seems to work well, and if something works...

Old 07-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

I agree with Rick. I see no benefit either to go to Delphi. I like the elevated dialogue here; it works. I joined here because I wasn't real pleased over there. Straight no nonsense very polite and considerate answers here. I post rarely over there unless I really need to know something that a larger base might know, otherwise I don't post. The conversation stays on topic here. JMO

Brad

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 07-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #8

i frequent some of the delphi forums and its true that they have certain features that this forum doesn't - not that i really use them. However i like the fact that this forum is different and the folks who seem to post here think and operate outside of the pack mentality e.g. independently; which i've seen all too often on the delphi forums. coming here is sometimes like a breath of fresh air as forums go. i vote no.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Although Trip, I'm probably not the best person to ask this question either!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 07-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #10

Yeah!! We're staying home!!

Old 07-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #11

FWIW - I have participated in the Delphi Forum and as far as the UI goes, I don't think the difference would be worth the switch.

As far as the forum that exists there now, I was NOT impressed. I was called down for making a statement about the cost of a Harley vs. a Kawasaki. It was a professional post since I do not like going around insulting someone's views. But I was nastied by one of the moderators because someone could have taken offense with the post. NOT impressed. Never went back.

Trip you have a great thing here. The ONLY thing I wish were different was the ability to receive the messages and threads to my email address. I am more responsive to that than taking the time to check the boards. If there is a way to do that, I would like to know how. As far as storage, I have other places like google and yahoo that I can do that on. I like this board because of the discussion and community.

Take care,

Old 07-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #12

I also get on Delphi. I have the basic...yes with basic you can have email notification but I turned that feature off.....just check the boards for replys...it tells you when you log in if you have any replys to message you sent....cuts down on my email. You can't do signature pics with basic.....but I don't do pics anyway...not yet I am computer iliterate. I do good to get on boards and check my email. So far I've learned to load my pics off my camera onto the 'puter but haven't figured how to put on a web site like photobucket yet. I tried to load off 'puter on photobuket but doing something wrong.

Anyway I'm getting off subject. :-[ I vote to stay here. Delphi seems to have lots of trols who get on different boards just to cause problems....unfortunate but happens. But no biggie for me will go with majority vote.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 07-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #13
VBA Founder

unwind2,
Feel free to send me a picture you might want on your sig and I'll set it up for you. You can send it to danceswithnomads@kawanow.org

Trip
Trip's Website

Old 07-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #14

Trip - How nice! Thanks, I'll pick one out and send it to ya in a few days.
Nancy
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 07-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #15

Geezz, I just found this board a couple weeks ago. I think it is a great place to visit, stay put!
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]