Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutteris View Post
Yep, like you already heard it is a LOT higher. I wanted to ride up there in 2010 but it's a little SW of Denver and was out of the way for me.

Besides, after getting blasted by cold and high winds thru Rocky Mtn Park (at about 12,500') I was less enthused about testing 14K!

Don't let me discourage you though, but send a picture!

You can also ride the steepest paved road in North America, Lickskillet Rd just west of Boulder. About a 1,000' vertical, I think.
Hey Cal, I think I like steep stuff even less!! I remember when we went to Deadwood to see the grave yard with Wild Bill there and I thought we were gonna have to walk back down the hill!! (Glad they had switchbacks for the ride back down.)

We're planning on taking in a tour of the haunted Stanley Hotel. Now that should be scary!
VBA#642
Custer National Rally 2009
Regional Prairie Du Chien 2010
National Maggie Valley 2011
2008 Red and Black Nomad
2008 Pearl White Goldwing

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
Hey Cal, I think I like steep stuff even less!! I remember when we went to Deadwood to see the grave yard with Wild Bill there and I thought we were gonna have to walk back down the hill!! (Glad they had switchbacks for the ride back down.)

We're planning on taking in a tour of the haunted Stanley Hotel. Now that should be scary!
Kendra and I drove her SUV up that hill and thought... "what the hell? Now how are we going to get back out of this mess we've gotten ourselves into?" Well... we made it, but I still laugh about it. Don't plan on going back up the see Wild Bill again any time soon. I'll just wave from the bottom of the hill next time.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestephens View Post
Looks like all of the North Central Zone is headed across Nebraska. I'll be trekking across MO and Kansas to Colorado Springs, where my dad and I will stay with a cousin of mine a day or two before the rally.

Other than booking our room, we haven't made any more detailed plans than that. Originally, my mom and wife were going to be joining us by car, but that's most likely not the case now, so I'm sure Dad and I can hasten the trip across Kansas.

I have my bike in the middle of a couple winter projects, and I'm anxious to get riding again!
The North Central Region is going to have a good number representing itself at the National again.

Glad to hear you and your father are making it.

You only have a few more months to get your projects done... or at least to a point where the bike is temporarily "rideable" again!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
You only have a few more months to get your projects done... or at least to a point where the bike is temporarily "rideable" again!
I know, the pressure is on! My biggest obstacle is the new handle bars. I still have to lengthen my wiring and cables. Hoses are being worked on right now.
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
Kendra and I drove her SUV up that hill and thought... "what the hell? Now how are we going to get back out of this mess we've gotten ourselves into?" Well... we made it, but I still laugh about it. Don't plan on going back up the see Wild Bill again any time soon. I'll just wave from the bottom of the hill next time.
I have been up that hill on my old Nomad one time, I could handle the ride up and back down. The part that really sucked is there is not a level place to park once you get up there. I am with you Greg, I wave now every time I ride by. I do like Deadwood though.

2011 National Rally
2012 NCR Rally
2012 Antlers Rally
2013 National Rally
2013 Antlers Rally
2014 NC/SC Rally
2014 Antlers Rally
2015 VRA/VBA Rally
2016 NCR Rally
2016 Antlers Rally
2017 Antlers Rally
2018 NC/SC Rally