Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #16

I went to a muffler shop with the right sized nut, to use as a bung, had it welded on. I marked where the hole should be and drilled it first of course. Then I hack sawed it down to size, filed it straight and stuck that sucker in there. But of course the bike ran no better at all. Come to find out the Cobra Fi2000R that according to their site is NOT the correct one for a 2015. I had to send it back to retailer and take a $30 hit. I spoke to their designer and he said wait a couple of months and he would send the correct one Free! Cool! But me being the impatient little YardGnome that I am, bought a Dynojet PCV from Hardracing in NC. They were supposed to add a map for me that would work with the Cobra3ovals and a KnN. I will put it on Monday hopefully.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #17

I found a fix. This O2 sensor eliminator came from Greece but shipping was free and I got it pretty quick considering the distance it shipped. Took about 9 days. It was a little over $30. Cleared the error on my dashboard. Here is the eBay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oxygen-lambd...item3a7fd771db

Old 09-25-2015, 10:45 PM   #18

I guess I will give that a try since Dynojet has not come through for me. Thanks for the update.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #19

vance and hines exhaust problem on 15 vaquero

Dave: I just bought a 15 valquero, Dealer sold me a set of Vance and Hines pipes. I installed them myself, easy job but the pipes did not have a 02 sensor spot on the new pipes, It runs like crap. call dealer and the service manager said I had to keep the 02 sensor plugged in but keep it from touch anything, and plug up a exhaust vent from the air intake and that should stop the popping. Not working. It still pops and the bike dies out like when just driving at a set speed. I have to pull clutch in and rev engine to clear the engine to make it run smooth again. Maybe I have a different set the you got. My question to you is, did your pipes have a 02 sensor spot?
Mac

Old 09-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #20

vance and hines exhaust problem on 15 vaquero

Does the Vance and Hines pipes for 15 Vaquero have the 02 sensor spot in the right slip on?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mac
Does the Vance and Hines pipes for 15 Vaquero have the 02 sensor spot in the right slip on?
Digging around on http://products.vanceandhines.com/ I see only 2015 exhaust products for the Vulcan 900's. Nothing in the 1700 family...
Based on that, my answer is "No".

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 09-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
Dave: I just bought a 15 valquero, Dealer sold me a set of Vance and Hines pipes. I installed them myself, easy job but the pipes did not have a 02 sensor spot on the new pipes, It runs like crap. call dealer and the service manager said I had to keep the 02 sensor plugged in but keep it from touch anything, and plug up a exhaust vent from the air intake and that should stop the popping. Not working. It still pops and the bike dies out like when just driving at a set speed. I have to pull clutch in and rev engine to clear the engine to make it run smooth again. Maybe I have a different set the you got. My question to you is, did your pipes have a 02 sensor spot?
Mac
My pipes were installed at the dealer but it looks like the rightside muffler was made for the sensor to be installed. If there was extra work involved I am sure the dealer would have charged me for it. I would post a pic but my bike is at the dealership now waiting for the recall work to be done on the ignition wiring.