Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-26-2016, 12:53 PM   #391

I sent mine yesterday from CA FedEx overnight and got deliver confirmation first thing this morning.
Grasshopper Backrest
8" Windvest windshield

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #392
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
Can you get a refund from the overnight shipping price? I know this isn't what you wanted but you might as well get some money back since they failed you.
It appears that I can, and will certainly ask for it.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:27 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonik View Post
Dang it. I paid for overnight shipping to Ivan. Should have been delivered today, but something went wrong. It is sitting 7 miles from his shop at UPS and not being delivered until tomorrow.

OUCH! I sent my wife's ECU out yesterday via FedEx Overnight. Ivan signed for it at 10am. Just waiting for his call to say it's ready for its return trip. We ride on Thursdays when we're both off so I'm trying to get it back tomorrow so it's ready to hit the road. Hopefully all goes well with its processing and return. I always go FedEx for overnight.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #394
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Chicken Blowout View Post
OUCH! I sent my wife's ECU out yesterday via FedEx Overnight. Ivan signed for it at 10am. Just waiting for his call to say it's ready for its return trip. We ride on Thursdays when we're both off so I'm trying to get it back tomorrow so it's ready to hit the road. Hopefully all goes well with its processing and return. I always go FedEx for overnight.
When he calls ask him to drive down to UPS and beat them for me. And while he is there pick up my ECU. :)

Old 04-26-2016, 03:20 PM   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Chicken Blowout View Post
I sent mine the same way. Got confirmation that he received it and I haven't gotten a call either. He must be real busy?
Grasshopper Backrest
8" Windvest windshield

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonik View Post
I sent mine out this morning, unfortunately it isn't back yet. :)

Tonik, I sent mine out yesterday 4/25 and I was a cheap bastard and used USPS and it will take as much as three days to get to Ivan. Damn, why didn't I use overnight!

TX1700 on VBA
plunge on Texas VROC
VROC #36447
VBA #02703
Ivan's reflash
2013 Vulcan Voyager ABS
2002 Road Star (sold)

Old 04-26-2016, 03:47 PM   #397
Advanced Member

Woohoo, UPS just delivered it. Don't expect him to turn it today, that would be unreasonable. But my plan to get it back by the weekend is looking good now.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #398
Advanced Member

So he saw my posts here, turned it around instantly and it is going back out today. He is a wise man, he uses Fed Ex.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:17 PM   #399
Advanced Member

tonik I experienced the same kind of anxiety you are, like a kid in a candy store. I had to ship mine all the way from Oregon to NY and back but it was well worth the wait. When it came back and I got it in the bike, in came two full weeks of really horrible weather the same day before I could go out and test it. A few sleepless nights ensued after that....but you are going to love the way your ride runs when you have it back in the box and plugged in all ready to go. After a few long test runs you will be smiling all the way to the bank.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #400
Advanced Member

I am good now, it was delivered this morning to my wife's work in a professional and on time manner by Fed Ex. Almost took a half day off, but there is too much going on at work today...so just a few more hours.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #401

It feels good to be like a kid in a candy store! It's doesn't happen much at my age. ;) Mine made it to Ivan's shop this morning. No call yet but I bet he is swamped with re-flash jobs.

TX1700 on VBA
plunge on Texas VROC
VROC #36447
VBA #02703
Ivan's reflash
2013 Vulcan Voyager ABS
2002 Road Star (sold)

Old 04-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #402
Advanced Member

Finally got a tank through without putting the bike through it's paces. Before was at 32mpg, now at 35.

Now, back to the fun riding. I could care less about the mpg the way it runs now.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 04-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlknvlcn60 View Post
tonik I experienced the same kind of anxiety you are, like a kid in a candy store. I had to ship mine all the way from Oregon to NY and back but it was well worth the wait....
Imagine how it felt shipping one from NZ & back again... Checking the tracker several times each day, mild panic when it stalled in Auckland on the way back (at Customs - they clipped the ticket). Fifteen day turnaround.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 04-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #404

Send a message via AIM to dabull
So... I currently have slip ons on the voyager---if I had it flashed as is, if I later chose to put on BAK would I need to have it re-flashed?

Old 04-27-2016, 05:12 PM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull View Post
So... I currently have slip ons on the voyager---if I had it flashed as is, if I later chose to put on BAK would I need to have it re-flashed?
survey says probably not