Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Waving Why attend a VBA Rally?

Rally season is about to begin in VBA. As new members, many of you have probably asked yourself "Why should I attend a Rally? What are the benefits?"

As one who has attended many rallies for this forum as well as another I once thought that as well. Well, I was surprised after attending my first rally and have tried to make at least one a year. Sometimes I have been lucky to get to two of them.

Rallies are where you get to meet the individuals on these boards. As one member has stated "Putting a face to the name." There are benefits to being a member on this forum, but nothing beats putting that face to a name, shaking hands and sharing a drink (alcoholic or non) or eating a meal with members as well as driving in some fantastic locations.

This is where I can definately say I have met some great individuals and developed some great friendships. On my travels for work or fun, I have called on my friends as I have driven by their homes and stopped and shared a pop or coffee.

I know that some people either have problems with getting the time off or apprehensions about meeting new people or driving long distances to some rallies. I know that as well because I am an introvert and was shy (everyone shut their mouths). I was apprehensive about my first long trip to a rally. However, once you get there everything changes. The first rally I ever attended, my wife and I had just pulled into the parking lot and taken our leathers off when a certain individual walked right up to us and put his hand out and introduced himself and said "Welcome". Now, if I can get the time off, I'm going to a rally.

If you do attend a rally, here is one bit of advice that was given to me by several members that I now call friends. If we are in a group talking, don't take it as we don't want to talk to you. We are just renewing our friendships. However, walk right up to us and introduce yourself. You will not be ignored but will be accepted and welcomed.

The forum is a great tool but even better is meeting the many great individuals on these forums. So, as you join I would highly recommend that at some point you try to attend your regional rally or better yet come to the National Rally next year. I'll place money on it that you won't regret it. You might make some new new friends (more than likely) and you will definately get to ride on some great roads.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads