Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 11-09-2017, 05:44 AM   #1
Banned

1700 Nomad compared to Vaquero?

I have an 1600 Classic with a windscreen, tuner, V&H. 25k Trouble free miles. Plan on doing some extensive solo touring and don't care for the heavy feel of the Voyager nor would I care to have a full blown tourer for daily driving. Curious how the the Vaquero with the frame mounted fairing compares to the Nomad in ride and handling. I am moving up to the 1700 six speed or I would just buy hard bags for my current bike. Unfortunately closest dealer is 120mi and I would likely have to take a trip just to test drive the few Nomads for sale.

For more details : explainer video

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #2
Top Contributor

I went from a 2005 Nomad to a 2010 Voyager and it was a few days before I realized the fairing on the Voyager was frame mounted.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:34 AM   #3

went from a 2013 Nomad to a 2015 Vaquero and really enjoyed the fairing and highway riding. The frame is different than the Nomad/Voyageur so parts are not interchangeable and the seating is different. As far as the fairing being frame mounted it took me a few days to get used to it not so much for highway driving but stop and go in the city. Had to train myself to look to the horizon and not down as I had with the nomad and loading it in a wheel chock takes practice since you can't see as much. But having said that I would never go back to the Nomad and I had said I would never find anything better than my Nomad. Take it out for a ride. Only way to be sure.