Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 04-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #1

I am forced to sell my Nomad

There has come a time in my life that something good has to come to an end. From the very first time I sat on the Blue/Silver 05 Nomad and ran it down the road, I enjoyed the feel and the ride. But after just 3 short years of riding, I need to sell it to come up with some extra cash. First off, I am trying to get it back to stock as much as possible. All the extra parts I put on will be up for sale. I will be posting pictures of the items I need to get rid of. If there is anyone out there interested in picking up some good things at a decent price, let me know.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #2

How much for the fairing and will it mount to a 2000 Nomad? Also the trunk-Price? Vultures in the waiting. Sorry you got to part with the bike.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Mega-Contributor

Wow, bad news. Sorry you have to sell your bike. Must not have any kids? (bad joke). Good luck with the sale.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #4

Good Luck, maybe one day you will have the opportunity to pick another one up....

Old 04-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #5

I would love to check on the add ons, have you made a list with prices yet? (trunk fairing trunk fairing trunk fairing LOL)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

D@mn vultures, already driving up the price of the trunk and fairing. He has a nice chrome rack on the trunk also. Good luck parting out the bike naugaman.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 04-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #7

Damn,really sucks ya have to sell the Nomad. At least the time of year is good for the sale from a price standpoint for a seller.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #8

When I get the things off like the fairing and trunk and such, I will post the picture of it and a price. And yes, still kids but they are old enough to know better but cannot get their life in order. Sometimes the joy of being a parent never ends. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #9

Couldn't you get more $$$$ and avoid the hassles by selling it "as is" with all your extras installed? I only bring that up because I had a friend do the "back to stock" thing because he wanted to recover the money he spent on his "extras"...it didn't go so well. His lessons learned...

1) -- Stuff is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.
2) -- It is "used" stuff.
3) -- Shipping costs eats into your used stuff's value.

Your 2005 Nomad in its current state might be just the kind of motorcycle somebody is looking for. Some guys don't have the knowledge or skill required to install extras. They end up having to pay somebody to do it for them.

(That means...they will pay you more than what you will get for it as stock)

I just sold my boat with everything I've bought aftermarket included. The guy absolutely loved the extras and it made it much more of a "good deal."

Just a thought for you to ponder.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #10
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by naugaman
When I get the things off like the fairing and trunk and such, I will post the picture of it and a price. And yes, still kids but they are old enough to know better but cannot get their life in order. Sometimes the joy of being a parent never ends. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.
What I meant was you must not have any kids you could sell instead and keep the bike. Sorry, I said it was a bad joke. I know what you mean, though. I have a married 25 year old that keeps coming to the "Bank of Dad" with his hand out.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #11
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dui546
Couldn't you get more $$$$ and avoid the hassles by selling it "as is" with all your extras installed? I only bring that up because I had a friend do the "back to stock" thing because he wanted to recover the money he spent on his "extras"...it didn't go so well. His lessons learned...

Your 2005 Nomad in its current state might be just the kind of motorcycle somebody is looking for. Some guys don't have the knowledge or skill required to install extras. They end up having to pay somebody to do it for them.

I just sold my boat with everything I've bought aftermarket included. The guy absolutely loved the extras and it made it much more of a "good deal."

I don't think it holds true with motorcycles. Certainly a dealer will add little trade-in value on aftermarket accessories. When I traded my Suzuki for the Nomad, the dealer gave me what I felt was a generous trade-in and then he said, "now go home, strip the aftermarket stuff, install the oem parts and sell the bling on eBay. You'll make more money". He wouldn't have given me anything extra for the accessories.

I did and made myself over a $1000 selling my Mustang seat, Cobra crash bars, PC III, luggage rack, and some other stuff to the guys in the Boulevard forum.

A private sale may be different, it would depend on the buyer. But in general, a motorcycle and its accessories sold individually is worth more than the sum of the whole.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #12

I would research Ebay to see what the extras you have to sell actually bring. Then I would add that up.
Next see what you can get for your bike stock.
Now add the figure you think possible for selling the extras to the price your bike will bring stock and see if it is worth the work to uninstall them and go through the hassel of selling them seperatly.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 04-26-2008, 07:15 AM   #13

Vegas is large enough that Craigslist should be good place to sell your stuff, only local sales are commended which save shipping and some other potential hassles, but does limit the market.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dui546

I have looked at the market from both ways. Leave the stuff on or take it off. I find some people like what I have done but start picking at the little things. So I take it back to stock and the one who buys it can then add what they want. Making it their bike. I know what I have in the trunk and fairing and what they are going for on Ebay. But for the people here, I will take that in account and try to make it a good deal for everyone. I will be stripping off the parts today. It will look naked going back to stock.

One more note. I had my last long ride this weekend. The bike ran smooth. Did over 450 miles. A friend I rode with liked my Utopia back rest so much that he took it when he went back home. Just traded the seats out.

Thanks for all your thoughts and words of encouragement.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #15

Think I had 1st dibs in on the fairing and trunk. Let me know price.Thanks