Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 08-27-2007, 10:23 PM   #16

2006 for sale

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #17

2006 for sale

Well hopefully my wife will ride with me thats why I bought the nomad. She's only gone on one 300 mile ride with me. With two little kids its hard to find time to go together but she says she wants to. Luckily her parents live kinda close so maybe we can pawn them off on grandma and grandpa for a few hours on an occasional saturday. If she ends up not liking it I guess I'll go alone or take my boys with me when they get older.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:20 AM   #18

2006 for sale

Now that sounds better! Even a short little hour or 2 ride once in a while & she'll get hooked!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #19
Top Contributor

2006 for sale

Break her in slow...and before you know it she will be hooked. When I started riding again my wife was very apprehensive about riding.....after about a month she started loving it. It one of our "getaways" for just the two of us.

When I bought the Nomad I was going to keep the 1100 Shadow (yep, I was another that rode a Shadow prior to the Nomad) and teach her to be the pilot but she has no interest in all in that.....

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 08-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #20

2006 for sale

I went form Shadow 750 ACE to Roadstar Silverado to Nomad........ right now I wish my wife had never wanted to go along......... :-/

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
2006 for sale

We've actually gone on a couple of coast runs down south; 40 miles each way. Still not thrilled with it. I thought looking at the ocean and cruising easily (man would she every blow chunks if I was on the interstate doing 85!) stopping for lunch, doing my best to put riding in the best light and its still a cold reception.... kind of a bummer.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 08-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #22
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
2006 for sale

Number 5?????

Quote:

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 08-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #23
Top Contributor

2006 for sale

Quote:
I went form Shadow 750 ACE to Roadstar Silverado to Nomad........ right now I wish my wife had never wanted to go along......... :-/
Know how you must be feelin' bro....but, like Garth says.....dont wanna miss the dance either!!!!

Like I tell all my non-riding friends...its not the safest thing in the world but it is one of the most fun.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 08-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #24

2006 for sale

Quote:
I understand WM. I was out of motorcycling for 20 years until I became an empty nester. Actually, and I hate to admit it, right after I bought my Nomad, say 2 months after I had bought my Lady nice riding gear she told me in no uncertain terms that she will not ride on the back of that murdercycle! Even though she went to all the motorcycle shows and took pictures of me sitting on one, she never let on that she hated them!

Well when she sprung this on me, I was so angry I listed it in the local paper for sale for a week. When she saw what I was doing she acted shocked.

Later after a week I did some long distance days on the bike and made up my mind to keep her! One night after dinner I told her it was not for sale anymore and I was going to keep it. She asked why I changed my mind (see, I understand you WM!) and I told her that the call to go back to motorcycling lasted for 20 years and I'm not given up on it because she doesn't want to go riding with me.

I did lay down the law that I will take vacations with my buddies and we will ride and she needs to shut up about it and if not, too stinkin' bad! Don't ask where or when I go, just tell me to be safe and shut up about it! I know its not very diplomatic but given the above it's the best answer I could come up with!

When asked, I just say "somewhere" and whe asked what time? I just say when I get tired.

My dream is now a reality and I ride my Nomad all over the place. At 50 and beyond its all about me now. It's time....

I hear ya brother!!!!!!!!! Luckily my old lady loves to ride and ride her own....

Old 08-29-2007, 01:43 AM   #25

2006 for sale

Quote:
[quote:2gy5ik33]I went form Shadow 750 ACE to Roadstar Silverado to Nomad........ right now I wish my wife had never wanted to go along......... :-/
Know how you must be feelin' bro....but, like Garth says.....dont wanna miss the dance either!!!!

Like I tell all my non-riding friends...its not the safest thing in the world but it is one of the most fun.

[/quote:2gy5ik33]

Hell.....just plain LIVING isn't safe.....but that doesn't stop any of us!!! RIDE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #26
Top Contributor

2006 for sale

Nico: Got that Nomad running yet with a new bag and mirror? Hope you and wife are doing better.

Doc

Old 09-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #27

2006 for sale

Quote:
Amen, or as Robert Earl Keen sings: "One thing I have found there are just two ways to go
It all comes down to livin' fast or dyin' slow"

Old 09-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #28

2006 for sale

Brad.....although my hubbie and I both ride, we sometimes ride together...then there's times he rides with some guys and I ride with some gals. Anyway he has other outside interest from me and visa versa....we do things together and then separate also. So it's great that you keep riding and sounds like she doesn't give you much greif about it. There's other things you can do togther. Ride on.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 09-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #29

2006 for sale

Wolfman....keep it.....I've seen many a person sell their bike to do like you said turn around and get another one a short time later. You know you want to keep that beauty. ;)
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 09-16-2007, 12:35 AM   #30

2006 for sale

Ya I'm keeping it for sure. I can offord it so why not it's one of my only hobbies. I'm really thinking about getting some handlebars like pablo has. My honda shadow handlebars sat somewhere in between the nomad and where his are. I liked where they were on my shadow and I really wouldn't have minded them even higher. The bars felt awkward when I first got my nomad but now I'm actually getting used to them. I just don't like turning with the stock bars and always making sure my legs are out of the way.