Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 12-08-2014, 01:27 AM   #31

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
I bet that recent immigrant in Ferguson that got beat to death by youths with ball peen hammers last thoughts, as he watched his wife and mother scream in horror, were
"This ain't my day, and damn sure am glad I ain't got no gun".

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-08-2014, 04:41 AM   #32

I just started riding with an outside of the pants holster called the "belt ride" from the holsterstore.com which was recommended by a biker friend. It keeps the gun close to the body and keeps it high enough that it doesn't poke out at the bottom of your jacket, vest, or shirt. My Glock 27 fits it well under my leather vest or jacket. Both garments have reinforced gun pockets as another option. I like CactusJack's jacket better than mine. The outside gun pocket looks like It would allow quicker access.
Sold: Red 1999 Vulcan 1500 Nomad G1A
VBA# 2713, VROC #36569, TXVROC, American Legion Riders, VFW, VFD, NRA

Last edited by Bart; 12-08-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #33
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
I like the XDs in 45. That would make a nice carry…So would a FNX. 15 shot 45. It's all fun.
I have the FNX .45 as our home defense/nightstand gun. One of the best 45's I have ever shot. Very smooth and very little recoil. The 1911 style makes it perfect for self defense, both quick to fire and safe to have in your hand with the Decocker/DA/SA. The little woman who is not into guns much can double tap it very well. Too big for me to carry although I have tried it in a shoulder holster. It wasn't too bad but then I am tied to having my coat on all the time. I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II for that, single stack 7 shot. Fits IWB very well, I carry it right front on the bike (left handed).

I can't answer the OP's question on that holster, but I suggest IWB front to anyone that is on a bike. Very comfy and right there jacket or no jacket. I ditch my jacket at most stops in the summer for obvious reasons. Don't want to ditch my weapon too.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #34

Got a little Ruger .380 LCP that carries easily in a vest inside pocket or even slipped into my blue jeans rear pocket. It rides nice in the back pocket all day long without any discomfort at all. Matter of fact its so light and unobtrusive that I forget its back there. The problem with large guns is sometimes you don't feel like hassling with strapping them on
Though some feel a .380 is to small a caliber, it might not be the most powerful or long range pistol, its so easy to carry that I actually do and its better than throwin' rocks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Last edited by Vulcan Bill; 12-08-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #35
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
It might not be the most powerful or long range pistol....
Plenty of firepower to do what it needs to do. Anyone tries to tell you differently ask them if they are volunteering to be shot with it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #36

A little off thread but yesterday being Pearl Harbor Day reminded me of an interesting story I read about armed Americans. It seems after the war one of the top Japanese admirals was asked if Japen ever considered invading the west coast. He answered yes it was considered but soon dismissed, It was determined that it would be foolish to invade a country where every other citizen had a rifle in their closet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.

Last edited by Vulcan Bill; 12-08-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #37

Quote:
Got a little Ruger .380 LCP that carries easily in a vest inside pocket or even slipped into my blue jeans rear pocket. It rides nice in the back pocket all day long without any discomfort at all. Matter of fact its so light and unobtrusive that I forget its back there. The problem with large guns is sometimes you don't feel like hassling with strapping them on
Though some feel a .380 is to small a caliber its so easy to carry that I actually do and its better than throwin' rocks.
The human body works just like a hydraulic cylinder, you make either one of them leak hydraulic fluid they quit working. Blood is our hydraulic fluid and even a .380 will make you bleed. Just don’t shoot hollow point ammo in them for self-defense; ball ammo will give you better penetration.
VBA #02752

Old 12-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #38
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonik View Post
I have the FNX .45 as our home defense/nightstand gun. One of the best 45's I have ever shot. Very smooth and very little recoil. The 1911 style makes it perfect for self defense, both quick to fire and safe to have in your hand with the Decocker/DA/SA. The little woman who is not into guns much can double tap it very well. Too big for me to carry although I have tried it in a shoulder holster. It wasn't too bad but then I am tied to having my coat on all the time. I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II for that, single stack 7 shot. Fits IWB very well, I carry it right front on the bike (left handed).

I can't answer the OP's question on that holster, but I suggest IWB front to anyone that is on a bike. Very comfy and right there jacket or no jacket. I ditch my jacket at most stops in the summer for obvious reasons. Don't want to ditch my weapon too.
Here in AZ, we can open and conceal carry, so if I had a shoulder rig and had to take my jacket off, not as big of a deal. I would think a cross draw or a tanker holster would be the best on a bike. A friend of mine has a 4" Colt Anaconda in one of those tanker jobs.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 12-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #39
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Though some feel a .380 is to small a caliber, it might not be the most powerful or long range pistol, its so easy to carry that I actually do and its better than throwin' rocks.
The only thing I've heard negative about 380s is that sometimes they don't cycle right and also misfire. It'll make someone pretty dead though, although it might not stop them immediately. Two different desired results, although stop can often be dead, but not always.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 12-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #40
Mega-Contributor

"Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 12-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvyhau8272 View Post
The human body works just like a hydraulic cylinder, you make either one of them leak hydraulic fluid they quit working. Blood is our hydraulic fluid and even a .380 will make you bleed. Just don’t shoot hollow point ammo in them for self-defense; ball ammo will give you better penetration.
Ball ammo??? I'll use my XTP hollow points any day...

And the Japanese misquote is"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." From what I can gather this quote is like an urban mith... no proof he ever said it...

And 7 rounds from my Colt Pony will deter most people....

Last edited by iamaxxer; 12-08-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #42
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
"Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."
Brown got 6 or 7 .40s. Seemed to work.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 12-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #43
Advanced Member

Quote:
Here in AZ, we can open and conceal carry, so if I had a shoulder rig and had to take my jacket off, not as big of a deal. I would think a cross draw or a tanker holster would be the best on a bike. A friend of mine has a 4" Colt Anaconda in one of those tanker jobs.
We can OC in Ohio also, but people still freak out in the northern part of the state where I live and call the cops. I just don't want the hassle, and Cleveland cops are real quick to shoot people. Never had any problems with other LEO's but the Cleveland police have issues with law abiding people carrying guns for some reason. They take them, make you go to court to get them back...or take them apart and give them to you in a bag. All illegal and they lose the court cases but that costs money unfortunately.

And yes, my IWB is cross draw. The tank bags are good too but then you have to leave it there or handle it at every stop.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #44
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Brown got 6 or 7 .40s. Seemed to work.
I was quoting a line from Lone Survivor. I don't consider a 40 S&W a small caliber.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 12-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I was quoting a line from Lone Survivor. I don't consider a 40 S&W a small caliber.
Each their own, Scott. A discussion about the best caliber to carry could run 20 pages... and get heated up! That was not my intent.
I carry stagger loaded. Hornady Critical defense followed by ball ammo. 3 penetrators and 3 shockers.