Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenomad View Post
+1 My wife (Ann) has one and she is getting pretty good (probably not as good as Greg) - but we live in KS so don't get to practice true twisties very often. I don't think she could ever be accused of slowing down a group.
Are you heading to Spyderfest? I am actually going to try to make it there... that is unless it is snowing.

Oh yeah... how's that Concours working out?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #62

No, not this year. We went last year and it was a nice event. They had good vendors and the organizers are terrific people. There were somewhere around 500 people in attendance, in a town of 2000. Just overwhelmed them. Obviously, not enough motel rooms, so had to stay 10-20 miles away - which made socializing a bit awkward. Some of the people we would have wanted to hangout with were 20 miles N while we were 10 miles S. This should be mostly solved since they will be in a much larger area.

The group rides were too large and they would not allow the leaders to exceed the speed limit. There is some very nice riding around Cuba - and I'm sure they'll have some good routes closer to Branson as well. We had a good time doing their passport runs with a couple we met on the way.

The Concours has about 1600 miles on it (got in Oct). Just got the seat redone so now I need the weather to cooperate a bit so we can get some longer weekend rides in to really get a feel for it. It has been a blast on the 100-150 mile runs I've been able to get in so far.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles