Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2016, 05:28 PM   #11
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendesigner View Post
So did you trade in the Nomad for the new bike? I'm in the same boat as you are right now but it's my second gear that is shot. Trying to figure out what to do, if I can trade it in (or sell as-is to someone) and still get something I may do that BUT I sure love my bike. Hate that this happen.
Oh no you too?! That goddam 2nd gear is the friggin death knell for these bikes which are otherwise extremely hardy. Sorry to hear it. When negotiating the purchase of the Victory I was asked what I had to trade and what I was looking to get for it. "A beauty" I told him, "And I don't want much for it?" which got his attention till I told him why. After that he was not interested at any price.

I am just about to get mine out of winter storage, post it on Craigslist with full disclosure of the issue, and park it somewhere visible with a FOR SALE sign on it. After getting to ride the new Victory a couple times now I am officially, emotionally divorced from the old gal. Have decided I'll be glad to let it go intact with all accessories attached for more like the $1500 range. I realize that is not financially the smartest move but I'm just suddenly over it. Funny how a new bike can do that....hmmm. Time to move on.