Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 07-04-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
Advanced Member

more and more new members

Is it just me or have we been getting more and more new members than ever before? I keep seeing posts by people that I don't recognize their screen name and when I look at the number of posts they have made it is less than 10. I am not complaining, but I am just wondering where they are all coming from and why they are showing up this late in the riding season. Are they all buying Nomads recently or is it just people finding out about this forum?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #2

I think gas prices has alot of people buying bikes and if and when the price goes down and they get there first close call there will be a lot of cheep bikes on the market

Old 07-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

I think you're right texasfisherdude!! That and people that already have Nomads just might be staying home a little more than usual....so they're surfin the web more. OR....it could be that we just have the best damn bike in the world and people are just waking up to the fact!!! LOL!!! Either way...Bring 'em on....I love company!

Old 07-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #4

If i'm right I hope all these newbies stay safe and watch out for all the folks with there cell phones stuck to their ear.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #5
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussMatt
I think you're right texasfisherdude!! That and people that already have Nomads just might be staying home a little more than usual....so they're surfin the web more. OR....it could be that we just have the best damn bike in the world and people are just waking up to the fact!!! LOL!!! Either way...Bring 'em on....I love company!
+++1!

I'm not seeing more Nomads on the road, it must be that people are finding the group.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #6

Well I'm am kinda new to this group
I was over at another forum (which I won't name, don't want to start a bunch of crap) and did not feel welcome there. If you were new to the group and asked a question or had an opinion, you were put down or you got jerk-off answers, not all of the members were like that but there were eought to make me look else where. And they never realy talked about bikes, road trips or realy anything to do with riding.I snoop around this forum for a few months, liked it . joined the forum and then e-mailed Trip and joined KawaNOW. This is now the only motorcycle forum I visit, you guys and gals are a good bunch. I don't think there are more Nomad riders, just those that are out there are now just finding y'all Thanks for letting me in

Old 07-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
Advanced Member

Well, when I joined 6 months ago I got #353 and now we are well over 600. I see plenty of Nomads here and there and am guessing it is both; people with them are finding us and people buying Nomdads are also finding us. At any rate it is nice to be a part of something good that is growing by leaps and bounds.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M "OLD MAN" Martin
I was over at another forum (which I won't name, don't want to start a bunch of crap) and did not feel welcome there. If you were new to the group and asked a question or had an opinion, you were put down or you got jerk-off answers, not all of the members were like that but there were eought to make me look else where. And they never realy talked about bikes, road trips or realy anything to do with riding.I snoop around this forum for a few months, liked it . joined the forum and then e-mailed Trip and joined KawaNOW. This is now the only motorcycle forum I visit, you guys and gals are a good bunch. I don't think there are more Nomad riders, just those that are out there are now just finding y'all Thanks for letting me in
Glad you found us and are happy here, thats the consensus with most of us here. Welcome to the club.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #9

I tell every Nomad rider I see about the forum.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Quote:
Originally Posted by M "OLD MAN" Martin
Glad you found us and are happy here, thats the consensus with most of us here. Welcome to the club.
Ditto -Welcome - and you're right - great bunch of folks - group hug?
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 07-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #11

Welcome OLD MAN. I feel the same way. I visit a couple other boards but this is home. Great people here, even in person, lol. Gotta watch out for a couple of the fellows though.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 07-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #12

For me, it is a combination of things.

1. Just got the Nomad a few weeks ago
2. Just found the board about the same time.
3. I heard there were some hotties on here. (y'all know who you are, now post some pics)

That's about it for me

Old 07-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkd
For me, it is a combination of things.

1. Just got the Nomad a few weeks ago
2. Just found the board about the same time.
3. I heard there were some hotties on here. (y'all know who you are, now post some pics)

That's about it for me
Ok, here's one of me

2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 07-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #14

Yes, come one come all into our world!!!! hahahaha!!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussMatt
I'll +1 that one !!