Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
VBA Founder

New Logos for all the regions.....

FYI... I redesigned the logos for all the regions slightly to match more of what country and region they are from. The new logos are posted in each regional riding group board.

Also, since the Great Britain group board was not being used much, I deleted it for now. If the activity in GB picks up later, we'll create a new board for them.

Thanks,
Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Top Contributor

Judging by the complete lack of responses here...I can't help wondering if these new logos are kind of like the old story about the King riding his horse with no clothes....and everyone is too afraid to say what they think....yes, no?

Having a healthy conversation about this stuff is a good thing, so I think everyone should be honest about what they think. With all due respect to Trip, KawaNOW is his baby and he can do with it what he wishes. That said, we as members are like shareholders....and do/should have an interest in how these things affect us.

So....I guess I'll be the first to dive off the cliff here.... ::). I have given it a day or two now.....but these new logos are just not really grabbing my fancy. I understand the concept, but think the red/white/blue combo kind of clashes with the black/yellow dominance of the main part of the logo. I think I prefer the old ones better.

Okay....there it is. I got it off of my chest and will forever happily live with whatever the logo ends up being... . I do however think that everyone should chime in and give their honest opinion...whatever side of the fence you are on !

VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #3

I will be brave and step forward to second that. I thought the old ones were better.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Top Contributor

personally, I like it. I'm not crazy on having everything black, thats why I bought a blue/silver nomad. I already sent the new colors to the place thats making our shirts. I hate hot, sunny and humid days so why would I want a black heat absorbing bike. Just being myself. Thats my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it. Yes I do like to see white bikes.
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #5

Well I like our new logo for Eastern Canada.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #6

As far as logo patches go I think they look fine.... but I have no idea what the old ones looked like.
Probabley like logo patches is my guess.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #7
VBA Founder

I appreciate your honesty Kris. It doesn't bother me that you disagree with me... it's always how someone disagrees and me. You calmly stated how you feel so I don't have a problem with that.

My thinking behind the new logos was to try and design them close to what country they are from. Since most countries have red or blue in their color scheme, it became obvious to me that the US logos should be red, white and blue, but I see what you are talking about.

Maybe logos that will eventually turned into patches and stickers should be designed differently......

So, here's what I propose..... I'm going to be moving into my new home later this week, which means I'll be off the internet for a few days. I'll setup a poll that everyone can vote in to get their opinion on whether the logos stay the way they are -or- are to be redesigned. This is for the US only.

If the majority wants it redesigned, I'll oblidge. Fair enough?

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 02-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #8

I think the distractor for me witht he US logo is the 3 color banner with white letters on top. I like the color coding concept. Gives you the ability to show in a "coded" fashion where you are from without actually putting a territory on your patch, thus limiting the chance of a problem with another "club." I think the canada logo looks good in solid red. I just think in the US logo the letters are lost a bit because of the white stripe directly behind them. Like Kris said perhaps keeping the lettering the same throughout yellow perhaps might jump out at you more.

I still think it is a great idea Trip. Keep em comin. Oh and by the way. next week I will be going out to the Black Hills again and am going to take a bunch of winter pics. I will be posting them so everyone who went last year can see how beautiful it is in white.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #9
Top Contributor

Like I said I like the new logo but the timing to change the logo was off with all the talk about making new t-shirts for the up coming rallies the change should of been back in November or December.
I have the best of both worlds with the old style patch on my jacket and the new style on my t-shirt underneath.
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
I appreciate your honesty Kris. It doesn't bother me that you disagree with me... it's always how someone disagrees and me. You calmly stated how you feel so I don't have a problem with that.

My thinking behind the new logos was to try and design them close to what country they are from. Since most countries have red or blue in their color scheme, it became obvious to me that the US logos should be red, white and blue, but I see what you are talking about.

Maybe logos that will eventually turned into patches and stickers should be designed differently......

So, here's what I propose..... I'm going to be moving into my new home later this week, which means I'll be off the internet for a few days. I'll setup a poll that everyone can vote in to get their opinion on whether the logos stay the way they are -or- are to be redesigned. This is for the US only.

If the majority wants it redesigned, I'll oblidge. Fair enough?
Trip,
No worries my friend, however/whatever you choose to do is okay with me. I actually like the new Canadian logos a lot, but I think OP hit it on the head about the US logos white lettering getting a bit lost in the background, plus what I said about the somewhat color clash, but that is only my opinion.

I think fish makes a fair point too about the timing, as many of us have designed and are ordering or have ordered shirts and/or patches based on the old logo...including for the upcoming 2010 rallies.

All that said, this is not a real big deal either way. It's kind of like the argument about sex and/or smoked salmon....its all good....just that some is better than others.... ;)!

I'm curious where all the other regulars are on this...?? Their silence is deafening......

BTW.....good luck on your upcoming move...always a stressful time, but hopefully you will get settled quickly and get back to what we all love...riding your Nomad!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 02-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #11

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Neither for or against. Like Kris said, Trips the man and whatever he decides is alright with me.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #12

As I am only a Jr. member & really trying to find my place in the KawaNOW Group, I believe that a matter such as logos should have been done with all leaders involved. Since there are leaders for each region they could have gone back to their people & recieved input. Putting a poll on the site is a great idea as well. The idea that everybody is going to be happy is far fetched. We know the logos will be available to everyone either on a t-shirt or a patch & it is a personal choice to wear or not. Yes we know that it would be great if every member would wear their respective logo. No matter what the design of my region will be I will wear it & wear it proud. Thanks Trip for all your hard work and dedication that you have put into to this forum. I know that you have to be proud of the resuts. I am a proud owner of a Kawaski Nomad.