Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #31

Best Nomad Mod

Yep!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #32

Best Nomad Mod

I should mention that this is slightly different than their standard seat. I had then add foam to the front of the passenger seat for me to lean against as a backrest.
It's not the coolest looking seat...like a corbin...but as far as putting on miles...it's da bomb!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #33

Best Nomad Mod

nice looking seat 'Zinger! looks comfortable 4 both of you!

Old 11-17-2007, 10:10 PM   #34
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Best Nomad Mod

What was the damage? $$$ wise??

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-18-2007, 03:22 AM   #35

Best Nomad Mod

The Awesome Mustang seat will be my favorite. Makes the bike look better and the butt feel better. I first bought the one with the driver's backrest but did not like it because I felt like it pushed me too forward and felt annoying to me. I sent it back and got the one without the driver backrest. On this one the passenger seat goes forward and over the driver's seat to give nice support to my lower back and about $200. cheaper. I just bought some chrome studs that match the seat and will put them on the backrest pad so all will match.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #36

Best Nomad Mod

The Russel was $771 OTD. That cost included the 1 day ride-in service $80 and heavy duty springs in the seat cause of large rider and passenger $90.
Still that cost is cheaper than a Corbin.
I also checked out a mustang but I talked with several X-large (280lb) guys like me and they said that the seat is really small. I called Mustang and they said that most of the complaints they get for their 1600 Nomad seats is from larger people due to the small Front to back size.
From everyone I've talked to and every forum I've read on seats for 1600 Nomad...You can't beat a Russell for comfort and Long distance riding.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #37

Best Nomad Mod

I was reading a forum Friday night and someone was offering a deal on a group buy of Russell seats for 20% off. For the life of me, I cannot find it again. The girl posted that they may even end up with a 25% discount if more people order. I'll keep looking.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #38
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Best Nomad Mod

kawgirl that woke me up!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #39
Advanced Member

Best Nomad Mod

...looked back a little and found this on another forum.

"Just bumping up this thread... if you are interested in a Russell Day Long seat you can get 20% off just by writing "FJR GROUP BUY" on top of your order form when you send it in by November 30th. Production dates are out into January, but if you are parking the bike for the winter anyway, who cares?

The more people getting in on this, the more likely we can get 25% off, but the 20% is locked in at this point."

.....seems like time is running short on this offer. If I recall correctly, one might have to join the FJR forum to take advantage of this offer.

Mike

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 11-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #40

Best Nomad Mod

That's it lomax!! Great search.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #41

Best Nomad Mod

The price for just getting the rider seat done is $455 and for Front and rear $555. Removeable/adjustable Backrest add $225. Heated seat add $170. Use S3 code.

http://www.day-long.com/new_pages/prices.html

I emailed them and asked about a group rate for Kawanow

Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #42

Best Nomad Mod

I forgot about this addition / mod to my Nad, and I use it every day. I wired in a garage door opener with a push button on my left switch housing. It works great and no fumbling for the remote! The one shown is from Gadgets page. I installed a pushbutton switch.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #43

Best Nomad Mod

Some add ons are just because motorcycle guys are nuts, and like a dog marking it's territory, we have to make it ours.

But of the things that really make a difference in riding, not just customizing the look, I'd have to go with the Phat II risers. IMO they make the look worse, but the ride is so much better.

I got a mustang seat, but haven't put it on yet. I was fine with the 1500 nomad seat, but the 1600 seat doesn't work for me at all.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #44
Top Contributor

Best Nomad Mod

The best mod for me right now is the tour pack that we added with the wompus rack. Talk about storage. On the longer trips that we like to take, we can pack more and have it secured for the trip.

Other things that may be done include giving a shot at reshaping the seat for me. Adding some driving lights and some chaps.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 12-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #45
Advanced Member

Best Nomad Mod

Good call, Judi. Some of the best money I spent on my last bike and I'm sure I'll give in and do the same on this one. Makes HUGE difference in comfort and lower back support.
DS

Quote:
All I want for Christmas is a Mustang seat!!