Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 08-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #16

Like I tell people that ask "how do you deal with the cold in Montana" I always tell them you can always put on more cloths but you can only take just so much off......

Dave "(dshelly)" Shellenberger
2014 Harley Ultra Classic
2007 1600 Nomad (Black)
Shellenberger Machine
Belgrade, MT
Various Bagger Member (Harley Chapter)
VBA # 2395

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #17

Here in Eastern Ontario for the most part it's been cool and wet, and when the weatherman says we're going to have a good weekend at the last minute he changes it to rain. In total I've probably put on 2500 kms this season compared to 11,000 for each of the last two years, but honestly that damn work thing has been getting in the way and now the wife's got us building a new house and we have to get it water tight before the snow flies all on weekends [more riding time gone] OK I finished my rant, next

Old 08-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #18
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I rode over 700 miles in 100+ degree heat to get to Orofino. I am not interested in doing that again.
Ditto!! July and August are out for me.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #19
Top Contributor

Ricky, just another example of non-Canadian members crashing your thread....and how that would not happen if the Regional Boards were NOT connected to the main forum board. JUST SAYIN'....!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 08-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #20
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Ditto!! July and August are out for me.
Pussy....! It don't quit raining in the NW until after the 4th of July...!
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-14-2014, 01:13 AM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske View Post
Pussy....! It don't quit raining in the NW until after the 4th of July...!
I just got one word for that.............................................. .........MOVE!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 08-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #22
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske View Post
Ricky, just another example of non-Canadian members crashing your thread....and how that would not happen if the Regional Boards were NOT connected to the main forum board. JUST SAYIN'....!

It's not that I mind the "non-Canadian" suggestions/banter ...I'd just like to see a little more Canadian content.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 08-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #23

Although I would like to go to Arkansas I think the 2 week trip will likely not work. If I take extended time in the summer it would maybe be to Europe. However we are considering the downsize on the house and getting out of the city so it's quite up in the air right now. I have no desire to travel through Sask/Man for sure unless they come out with auto-pilot.
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #24
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Although I would like to go to Arkansas I think the 2 week trip will likely not work. If I take extended time in the summer it would maybe be to Europe. However we are considering the downsize on the house and getting out of the city so it's quite up in the air right now. I have no desire to travel through Sask/Man for sure unless they come out with auto-pilot.

What !!!! ??? No cruise control ???
I've never ridden through Sask. and/or Manitoba but have done it in a car back in the 1960's while on vac. with the family. .... I think I could find the beauty there is in both of those provinces though. .....
I hear you about the downsizing and possible move but ya got any suggestions E.E. ??? This is what I want to hear.... or even if there's any interest in having a rally,.....anywhere.
Thanks for at least posting your thoughts...I wish other Canadian members would.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Last edited by rickyboy; 08-15-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #25

Ive never ridden through northern Ontario on a bike but would sure love to. Ive done it many times in cars/ trucks/ motorhomes and the scenery is among the best Ive ever seen along Superior. I'd be open to a meeting in the Kenora area, as long as its in July or August, because of the school year.
My son goes to school in Thunder Bay so I'll have to make the trip out there on the bike before long.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #26
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
Ive never ridden through northern Ontario on a bike but would sure love to. Ive done it many times in cars/ trucks/ motorhomes and the scenery is among the best Ive ever seen along Superior. I'd be open to a meeting in the Kenora area, as long as its in July or August, because of the school year.
My son goes to school in Thunder Bay so I'll have to make the trip out there on the bike before long.

Thanks for contributing Steve......that's one yes for the Canadian National Rally. Not including me.
And August works for me!!!

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 08-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #27
Sr. Contributor

A spoon partner!

Member # 0005

Old 09-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #28
Top Contributor

So just to bump this up,.....I know the riding season is coming to a close for some of us "northern folk" and riding and/or making plans might not be a priority right now but lets start thinking about nxt yr, ...... and maybe put some ideas on what you might want to do, out here. After a point it'll be too much work to start arranging things. At least for me, anyways !! If you have ever had anything to do with putting a rally or gathering together, you know what I mean.
So......get to thinking and suggest what YOU WESTERN CANADIAN's think we should do..... if anything at all.....but let "us" know ....

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Last edited by rickyboy; 09-02-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #29

Well Rick, here's my 2 cents worth.
This has been a good riding season overall and I still hope to get a couple more weekend trips in before I put the big girl away for the winter. Only about 2,000 km away from hitting the 72 K mark so that is my minimum goal which would put me at an average of 12 K per year since I've bought her. (Not bad I think for someone in Canada who still has to work for a living!)

The National Rally in Arkansas next year is definitely in the plans. I plan to use up 2 weeks of my 2015 vacation time for that.

A Western Canada rally would be a fun idea, perhaps on a small scale. Let's say a 3 day event (Fri, Sat & Sun) over a weekend. That what our Volusia Riders group does and it seems to work out well for the majority. Perhaps somewhere in the interior of BC such as the Kootenays might be a fairly central location.

That's all I've got for now.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 09-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #30

..Consisdering...I'V BEEN EVERYWHERE..CROSS THE DESERTS BARE..BREATHED THE MOUNTAIN AIR...Yea..I'v been everywhere...
I'm paying attention to rickyboy's suggestion...BECAUSE..mid Sept.. is a better time of year for Motorcyling thru Arkansas...So I wont plan a ride that direction for the planned "national"

If I'm -able- I'll be looking at a ride to Western Canada...(just gotta figure out what little home town bank, I can rent a safe deposit box from..til I come back into the USA...so I can leave my Six Shooter there ;>) ...