Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 02-14-2014, 12:01 AM   #1

rally

Where's the VBA National rally this year and when? Any local rides planned yet?
VBA member #02543

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-14-2014, 01:07 AM   #2

National rallies are every odd year, even years are regional rallies. Check out the threads on the Canada West board, I believe there is talk of something. Enjoy!
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Old 02-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawvoy View Post
Where's the VBA National rally this year and when? Any local rides planned yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
National rallies are every odd year, even years are regional rallies. Check out the threads on the Canada West board, I believe there is talk of something. Enjoy!

Sly's correct about the timing of the National/Regional rallies.
"Local" rides might depend on just where you live,...... there didn't seem to be a lot of interest to have a regional rally of our own this year, .......there has to be more than just me [ IMHO ] ...... and I think it's way too late to start planning now for our own one this summer. Most like to plan almost a yr. ahead on what they want/need to do for summer vacation. And next yr. it's back to the National rally.
Unfortunately I was way to busy to attend "the National" in "the Carolina's" last year, .....with illness/WCB/work, retirement [ just a maybe at that time ] buying the new home, etc etc. etc......

But this yr. there is a combined regional in Orofino Idaho in July that some of us are going to attend [ or try to ]
see here http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34942

I haven't seen a sticky/dedicated thread to the rally but any info can be found there with links to the host motel etc.. Maybe Bud will "stick" a thread in the Rally section of the forum.

I've resurrected a thread

http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35765

asking about anyone planning on attending the above rally, in hopes of getting a few to ride down together. We can meet up along the way, or whatever works. But it would be great to have a contingent of Canadians to make a showing down in Idaho.
I have checked with a few of our Western Canada Region members to see if they're interested and have had some interest and others who would but just can't make it for whatever reason. Unfortunately I don't have everyone's email addy to ask everyone, and not sure I should have to be the one to put something together just because I'm the "leader" of the region. Others need to get involved ......
So....if you "kawvoy" or anyone else who are interested,... let's heat up this thread for those Western Region Members who are at least seriously "THINKING" of making the rally this summer.

......OK !! I'll start a separate thread for it.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 02-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #4

kawvoy,
Where are you located? Can you be more specific that Alberta Foothills?

Although my location says Calgary I'm actually SW of Okotoks (haven't bothered to change it since moving last fall) so perhaps we are not that far apart.

As for local rides, once Spring hits Eagle Eye and I will likely be hittin' the highway as often as we can. You're welcome to join us anytime.

EDITED: Checked some of your previous posts. Looks like you're in or near Cochrane. I'm always lookin' for an excuse to ride there for a MacKay's ice cream! I was out there on Thursday for work so just had to stop in there and get one. Amazing, no crowds or lineups in February!

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Last edited by canuckrider; 02-15-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #5

Hey guys I'm out of Stony Plain and have booked a room in Orofino. Perhaps we might meet in Rocky sometime in the spring.
John
2006 900 Kawa Classic
2007 1600 Nomad
2013 Voyager

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
kawvoy,
Where are you located? Can you be more specific that Alberta Foothills?

Although my location says Calgary I'm actually SW of Okotoks (haven't bothered to change it since moving last fall) so perhaps we are not that far apart.

As for local rides, once Spring hits Eagle Eye and I will likely be hittin' the highway as often as we can. You're welcome to join us anytime.

EDITED: Checked some of your previous posts. Looks like you're in or near Cochrane. I'm always lookin' for an excuse to ride there for a MacKay's ice cream! I was out there on Thursday for work so just had to stop in there and get one. Amazing, no crowds or lineups in February!

Yup, Cochrane. I'm up for local rides as long as we're not always going to Bragg Creek. That gets old fast.
VBA member #02543

Old 02-23-2014, 12:23 AM   #7
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
Hey guys I'm out of Stony Plain and have booked a room in Orofino. Perhaps we might meet in Rocky sometime in the spring.
John

Seawolf, Have you got in touch or perhaps you know Kevin Clark, he's our assist. regional leader. He's in Stoney Plain. ....I use to live near Duffield which as you know isn't far from you. I wrote Kevin to see if he was going to Orofino but haven't heard back from him as of yet.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 03-06-2014, 01:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
Sly's correct about the timing of the National/Regional rallies.
"Local" rides might depend on just where you live,...... there didn't seem to be a lot of interest to have a regional rally of our own this year, .......there has to be more than just me [ IMHO ] ...... and I think it's way too late to start planning now for our own one this summer. Most like to plan almost a yr. ahead on what they want/need to do for summer vacation. And next yr. it's back to the National rally.
Unfortunately I was way to busy to attend "the National" in "the Carolina's" last year, .....with illness/WCB/work, retirement [ just a maybe at that time ] buying the new home, etc etc. etc......

But this yr. there is a combined regional in Orofino Idaho in July that some of us are going to attend [ or try to ]
see here http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34942

I haven't seen a sticky/dedicated thread to the rally but any info can be found there with links to the host motel etc.. Maybe Bud will "stick" a thread in the Rally section of the forum.

I've resurrected a thread

http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35765

asking about anyone planning on attending the above rally, in hopes of getting a few to ride down together. We can meet up along the way, or whatever works. But it would be great to have a contingent of Canadians to make a showing down in Idaho.
I have checked with a few of our Western Canada Region members to see if they're interested and have had some interest and others who would but just can't make it for whatever reason. Unfortunately I don't have everyone's email addy to ask everyone, and not sure I should have to be the one to put something together just because I'm the "leader" of the region. Others need to get involved ......
So....if you "kawvoy" or anyone else who are interested,... let's heat up this thread for those Western Region Members who are at least seriously "THINKING" of making the rally this summer.

......OK !! I'll start a separate thread for it.
I might take the toy hauler down to Orofino with the wife(she's not one for "riding"). I'll be retired by then. Hope to camp on the river somewhere, do some day rides and meet some people.
Andy
VBA member #02543

Old 04-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #9

Anyone looking to split a room? I have one reserved with 2 queens, and I ain't one of em!
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
In 2009 it was on the west coast in South Dakota. In 2011 it was in the Midwest near North Carolina and in 2013 it was out on the west coast in Colorado

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 04-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
See if this helps.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34942
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley