Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 10-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Waving Pretty quite here too...

Hi everyone,... I spotted the Canada East post of how quiet it was there and realized the same was true with Canada West as well. I'm guilty too of not being around a lot lately and posting as much as usual. Retirement and the final stage of moving to the new digs here on "The 108 Ranch" have taken much of my time. I've been trying to get things done around the new place .... both inside and out ....that and Co. coming to visit, Two of my daughters {seperately} have come then a couple my wife and I travel with came up for Thanksgiving.......and there are things I've been trying to get done before the snow flys. I'm setting up a garden and wanted to "deer proof" it before spring. So I'm digging post holes for an 8 ft. fence around the raised gardens. The deer laugh at 6 ft fences, for sure.
Then I've had the electrician in to add things in the garage, the kitchen, and I'm putting in a bathroom in the basement. Then come the new yr. I want to reno the upstairs bathroom entirely. Take out the bath tub, and shower and put in a Lrg. shower in place of the tub and put in a linen closet in place of the existing shower.
There hasn't been much time to ride it seems.
So what has everyone else in the Canada West Region been doing? I have till the middle of Nov. to ride and hope to get out for a couple of day rides. The weather has been awesome, but chilly in the morning.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by rickyboy; 12-31-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #2

Geez Rick....get a job and slow done bro...
I finally finished "Gonezilla" and its crazy stupid! but what a blast..I guess I should post some pics.
Tore my milling machine down to every piece for a overhaul, got my new brgs. and seals the other day, so time to put it back together.
I'm currently doing a passport (first timer) and will go to the city tomorrow for a pic.
Also got my papers today to get my U.S. waiver started...hmm..might just be able to get into the states in may...fingers crossed.
I've been working steady but not putting in any overtime..too burnt out.
I'm planning on buying myself a kx 450 motorcross for xmas..yee haa
Also a new house in jan or feb next yr. is in the works in the area I now live at.
I'm still looking at the 108 and Christina lake area for retirement in 5 yrs from now.
Off to the island (fly) at the end of Nov. to take my mom out for her birthday, she will be 83.
That's about it for me...glad your keeping busy Rick and upgradeing my garage for me too..lol.....take care bro...say hi to Judy for me.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Top Contributor

email coming John

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 10-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Bump

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Top Contributor

Boy !! are John/Bdog and I the only ones left alive???
What's happening you Western Canada Region members????

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #6

Just back fm a Med cruise/2 wks in Europe so am getting the last riding in, now looking for a place to head for a short spell when we get the white shit.
Persuit to Mons
VBA#00566
05 Black over Silver Nomad/19 Voyager

Old 10-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #7

I'm here .. back a month now from my Calgary trip. Enjoyed the company of some VRA members. We rode up to Rocky Mountain House, then over to Gull Lake for a BBQ. I headed back to Calgary and spent the night with my son. Then off the next day. Stayed overnight in Revelstoke. Very pleased with my bikes ride. Rode through sand, wind, rain .. and "she" just purred the whole way. My DIY clutch job is a success !! The Michilin Commander tires I put on were also excellent!! Looking forward to my next adventure ..

Old 10-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #8

1 month to retirement ...

Old 10-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
Top Contributor

hey Al,...good to see a post from you. .....good to see a post from anyone for that matter ..LOL. Glad the clutch worked out for you, I sure wish I could have been there to watch and learn. I've never done a complete clutch pkg. changed out. What did you install? a stock one or did you go with the "Gorilla" clutch.

Congrats on the upcoming retirement too !! You and I both know you're going to love it. Make sure you come visit us here at the new place.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 10-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #10

Stock and Barnet spring ... very happy with that.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
Top Contributor

Sure nothing wrong with that. I just thought you mentioned going with an after market clutch pkg. My mistake. The Barnett is a good way to go. Takes about 5 minutes to get use to. I admit that for the first while I slipped the gear box into neutral at a red light to give the forearm a rest.

I guess a meet will have to wait till next yr. now. The canyon temps are dropping at night leaving shadows and possible blk. ice in places.
Ride safe

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 10-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #12

We're still here Rick, just a crazy busy time of year. I think all of us "young" guys in Alberta still have to work! Getting the odd little jaunt in though, maybe even next week. We've had some good warm weather for here. We'll see some snow tomorrow morning.
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #13

These days off, as long as it doesn't rain or snow, don't really care about temp., I'll be going for a short jaunt on the bike. I just did some work in the shop building new shelves and doing some welding but I forgot to cover the Nomad. Even though its clean...its dusty, so I figure going for a fast ride will blow it clean, or at least that's my excuse.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #14

Well Ricky, now that you've asked what everyone is up to and why we aren't posting, here goes.

Very little riding to report on as my Nomad has been out of commission for several months now. Why you ask? Well, other than a select few that know (I have kept it rather quiet primarily because of embarrassment), I put it down back in August on the way home from a trip in WA with Hammer, Duffy & Eagle Eye . Yeah, Eagle Eye was there to witness the whole thing unfold. I won't get into details but it was my own fault and that I will fully acknowledge. End result was that I was relatively OK other than aches and bruises and a wrenched left shoulder. After a month's worth of physio the shoulder is as good as new. (A testament to wearing your protective gear whenever you're riding).

As for the Nomad, damage was cosmetic along the entire LH side. I rode it another 8 hours to get back home to Calgary and everything functioned perfectly other than a small coolant leak. Nonetheless, after dickin' around for 3 weeks my insurance company finally deemed it as a write-off because of the high cost of replacing all the parts with brand new. I took the settlement and bought the bike back from the ins.co. as salvage and will repair it, primarily with used parts. I'll get it inspected and re-register it by Spring. And the plan is that it will be sporting a new custom paint job. I think I'll go with the Plasma Candy Blue used on the Vaquero with a lot of tasteful hand pinstriping.

I did manage to get in the one ride in September to Rocky Mtn. House and Gull Lake that Al mentioned previously on a rented HD Road Glide. I have to say I was rather impressed with it but in retrospect wish I had tried the Street Glide as I think I may have liked it a little better.

I have pretty much all the parts I need for the Nomad (new fairing, new crash bars and a used saddlebag) but I have been too busy to even touch the bike. My wife and I bought an acreage near Okotoks in partnership with our daughter and son-in-law and moved out here at the beginning of October. (Maybe not quite the 108 Ranch but I do like the idea of calling it "The Ranch" even if it's only 5 acres and the only livestock is 2 dogs and 3 cats!)

We are still in the midst of unpacking and getting things organized. Plus I have added a kitchen and renovated the bathroom in the portion of the house that my wife and I will be occupying. Between electrical, plumbing and installing cabinets and appliances, I am sure that I have used every cuss word that I know at least 100 times over. Why don't these things come together as easily as they do on the DIY home improvement shows on TV???

We had our first touch of snow here on Sunday but much of it is gone and the forecast is for nice weather for the next week or so. I'm hoping so in order that I can get as many items off my "punch list" and can sit back and relax and enjoy our new home.

And as Eagle Eye said, some of us "young" guys still have to work a few more years until retirement!

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 11-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
Advanced Member

Work,sleep,work! That's all!