Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 01-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #1

Finally giving Ride Like a Pro IV a look.

A VROC friend sent me Ride Like a Pro and today I started giving it a look.

So far it's great advice, couldn't go wrong watching it.

I do find the "bad cop" routine annoying, but the riding instruction is great.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #2

Yeh Dan, I bought that a couple of years ago. If you go and practice what he's teaching it makes you much more in controll of the beast especially at slow speeds.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #3

I watched the rest of it and found it all to be good. The last part that showed the police motor officer course made me want to go out an practice today.

In a previous town that I lived in, the motor officers practiced in a little used parking lot at a park. They had spray painted dots for where they needed to put the cones. The dots and the rubber marks made it easy to see what you were supposed to do.

At that time I couldn't even do a 20' U-turn. I could almost do the key hole, but the 17' turn at the end of one of the exercises seemed virtually impossible. I couldn't believe they really could do it, but their rubber marks were there showing proof.

Now that I can do 17' turns, I wish that course was still nearby to practice on.

If anyone is coming through Denver and wants to practice, I'm up for it.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #4

Quote:

Hey if I'm ever up that way I will take you up on that offer. I have some of the pro tapes. Can do descent in a parking lot but when it comes to turning a tight U-turn on a road I land up getting anxious and looking at the curve that I don't want to go and land up doing some real cute duck walking around the rest of the way as I fuss at myself. LOL

As you said in another thread Dan, you watched some MC cops practicing and then went out and practiced with more confidence. I think watching someone demo for me on another Nomad...or even mine would help me a lot.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 01-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #5

Quote:
[quote:w1sznmw5]

Hey if I'm ever up that way I will take you up on that offer. I have some of the pro tapes. Can do descent in a parking lot but when it comes to turning a tight U-turn on a road I land up getting anxious and looking at the curve that I don't want to go and land up doing some real cute duck walking around the rest of the way as I fuss at myself. LOL

As you said in another thread Dan, you watched some MC cops practicing and then went out and practiced with more confidence. I think watching someone demo for me on another Nomad...or even mine would help me a lot.[/quote:w1sznmw5]

I went out and made a video of some parking lot practice today. I'll put it on youtube and make a new thread for it for you.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #6

I've checked it out. Thanks. Good job.....I also loved hearing the fan at the end of the tape.....yep that's a Nomad! :)
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 02-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #7

I have the DVD as well..GREAT info,,Ive been riding since 71 and LEARNED alot.. REALLY coool to see the ladies flip those Road Kinks around like the were rebel 250s,, ,, Gave my Buddies son a Ride Like a Pro DVD for his B Day!! Ride Safe,,,,Rich

Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #8

Those guys sure make it look easy. If you take the time to practice you will get better and feel more at ease on your bike. Its amazing how just looking down screws you up, in the beginning I found it hard to do, with some practise it is easier. Now if I just practised enough to make it automatic with out having to think about.