Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #31
Top Contributor

Your Nomad Dyno results?

Ok, I had the PCM III installed with my V&H baggers and had and initial Dyno run today. Unfortunately they didn't have a printer, so I couldn't get the written results. My max HP was 50.8 and my max torque was 80.4. Remember, I'm going by memory. It ran nearly perfect on air/fuel ratio without custom mapping.

I've decided that I will put in a BAK soon since I'm looking for that added HP. Since I don't know what anyone else has in terms of stats, let me know where mine stand. thanks
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #32

Send a message via MSN to scion0
Your Nomad Dyno results?

Quote:
Ok, I had the PCM III installed with my V&H baggers and had and initial Dyno run today. Unfortunately they didn't have a printer, so I couldn't get the written results. My max HP was 50.8 and my max torque was 80.4. Remember, I'm going by memory. It ran nearly perfect on air/fuel ratio without custom mapping.

I've decided that I will put in a BAK soon since I'm looking for that added HP. Since I don't know what anyone else has in terms of stats, let me know where mine stand. thanks

Good deal, but I thought with the only the pipes installed, a PCM III was not needed (although I guess it can't hurt [except in the wallet]). I'd be interested to know what the stock HP and such is but heard that a Dyno test was a couple of hundred bucks.

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 09-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #33

Your Nomad Dyno results?

Soc when you add the BAk watch your bike wake up big time. It sounds as if your alittle shy on HP. If you look at what I started with and what I have now you can clearly see a difference in my stock and your stock HP and after dyno HP. I'm sure that you all have notice that your throttle response is much better now as well.

Quote:

Old 09-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #34

Your Nomad Dyno results?

Quote:
[quote:9prjvgxm]It's gonna have to be pretty easy.................... for me to understand!!! lol

<marquee> </marquee>
ROFLOL trust me if i can do so can you LOL[/quote:9prjvgxm]

Remember now, Nico is a bone guy and likes to push, pop, and snap things.... so if there is a lot of that going on then he is in... (Just messin with the man Sue, be nice).

Mike
"Scion0"

Old 09-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #35
Top Contributor

Your Nomad Dyno results?

That's what I thought VC, that's why I've abandoned the idea of a hypercharger and will go with a BAK. Any suggestions on where to get one?

Scion, it only cost me $40 to do the baseline test. The tech did 5 pulls and gave me a readout. Remember, this is without custom mapping. When I get the BAK, then I will have to do a custom map and that costs a couple hundred.

Quote:
Soc when you add the BAk watch your bike wake up big time. It sounds as if your alittle shy on HP. If you look at what I started with and what I have now you can clearly see a difference in my stock and your stock HP and after dyno HP. I'm sure that you all have notice that your throttle response is much better now as well.

[quote:krx5ymr7]Ok, I had the PCM III installed with my V&H baggers and had and initial Dyno run today. Unfortunately they didn't have a printer, so I couldn't get the written results. My max HP was 50.8 and my max torque was 80.4. Remember, I'm going by memory. It ran nearly perfect on air/fuel ratio without custom mapping.

[/quote:krx5ymr7]
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #36

Your Nomad Dyno results?

SWB said "Scion, it only cost me $40 to do the baseline test. The tech did 5 pulls and gave me a readout. Remember, this is without custom mapping. When I get the BAK, then I will have to do a custom map and that costs a couple hundred."

Ah... that is not bad... for some reason I was thinking any time on the Dyno was pricey. Thanks for the info.

Mike
"Scion0"