Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Boss Hoss

A friend of mine is part of our riding group when we get together. He sent me the link these videos. They had a new guy join their riding group "Oil Field Riders" who had a video set-up inside his helmet and shot these videos. The sound and picture is of good quality. Maybe to good, the guy never stops talking about all kinds of stuff. My buddy is riding the street glide without baffles and the guy taking the videos is not impressed with the sound. If your looking for some different entertainment have a look at R1 Chronicles 1 & 5. 5 highlights some cool pictures of the Boss Hoss and it's performance. This ride is out of Calgary, Alberta into the foothills.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Boss Hoss

Destination Cycles in Airdrie, Alberta is owned by a good friend of ours, Barry Radu, and his is the only dealership in Alberta for the Boss Hoss. He has had some very cool scoots over the years and he offered to let me ride a Boss Hoss a couple of years ago. Only woman he's ever made the offer to but at 1300 pounds on 2 wheels and the 502 HP engine, I thought yeah, no, no, no. Didn't want to drop the thing and have to start replacing parts

Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Boss Hoss

I was on line checking out Destination Cycles in Airdrie for their fairings. They look like a comparable fairing to the Premeux fairings, similar in costs as well. I will be checking out their shop next time I'm in the area.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #4

Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss factory is here in good ole Dyersburg TN. I have driven the trike, Ken drove the bike. They also offered to let me drive the bike, I also declined.

I have been on a factory tour. The drive shafts for the trikes are made from old drive shafts they rebuild. Interesting also, they sell a lot of Boss Hoss bikes in Japan.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 11-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #5

Boss Hoss

Took a ride on one of the BossHoss's earlier this year when they had a GrandOpening at a place in Ooltewah Tn. they are a dealer for those and the Stallion trike. All I can say about them is WOW! Its The Most Fun You Can Have With Your Clothes On! If you ever get another chance to ride one take it! Don't be intimadated by them, they aren't that hard to ride. If anything, easier than a traditional motorcycle.
2003 Bandit 1200
CMA GateKeepers, Southern Cruisers#034, Patriot Guard Rider

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #6

Boss Hoss

From what I've heard, actual top speed is unknown because at some point, with the wind, no one can hold on to those wide handlebars. ??? But Zero to 100mph takes less than 4 seconds!

I saw a guy over revv his at a stop light once, he torqued it over on its side. Luckily, like our Nomads, they don't fall far.
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 11-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Boss Hoss

Barry and his son Josh are fantastic to deal with. They have gotten me Kawasaki OEM parts for a better price than the Kawi dealers and always a better price on aftermarket parts that any one else.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #8

Boss Hoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestephens
From what I've heard, actual top speed is unknown because at some point, with the wind, no one can hold on to those wide handlebars. ??? But Zero to 100mph takes less than 4 seconds!

I saw a guy over revv his at a stop light once, he torqued it over on its side. Luckily, like our Nomads, they don't fall far.
Boss Hoss used to have a rally here everyyear and all their dealers would come in from all around. A few years ago they had a bunch of the boss hoss bikes with their dealers out on the levee doing the tire burning thing. One man's bike got away from him and he was killed. They don't do that anymore.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing