Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #1

short ride

Went for a short ride today just to check the cruise control, all is well works like a charm and a 50 mile ride in Feb. was great.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #2

short ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
Went for a short ride today just to check the cruise control, all is well works like a charm and a 50 mile ride in Feb. was great.
Glad it worked well. I'm heading towards the Dragon for a spin right now. 58 degrees

Old 02-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Mega-Contributor

short ride

I'm glad to hear you had the chance to ride and try out your cruise control. Nice, huh?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 02-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to dabull
short ride

Rode to and from Church this morning..Hallelujah !!

Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #5

short ride

Amen Derry.....

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #6
Advanced Member

short ride

Got a chance to get out and blow the cobb webs off the bike today too! It got up to about 60 degrees here and it really felt good to do a little ride, although a short one. Come on Spring!!

Don Denman "JD"
2001 Luminous Vintage Red carbed 1500 Nomad
VBA #376
VROC #6195

Old 02-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #7

short ride

Same here finally got the bike out for a ride today only 70 miles but felt good to finally ride again
VBA #477
2007 Red and Silver Nomad (traded 4/10/2014)
2013 Blue and Black Voyager

Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #8

short ride

Alright thats enough about riding, you don't have to rub it in. its still snowing at my house.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #9

short ride

Glad you got to get out Jim. It was beautiful here Sunday also, But, I've started installin' my cruise, and couldn't go ride, what a drag, but glad you and others got to get out.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 02-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #10

short ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBull
Rode to and from Church this morning..Hallelujah !!
That was a 4mi round trip for me. Thunder in the Hills biker church.

Spent the rest of the afternoon running from the Feds. LOL!

Met a Federal Policeman out of SA on a sportbike at the Mini Mart and gave him a scenic tour back to Boerne.
We split up and I meandered around til near dark.

Glad ya got out OB.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 02-05-2009, 05:18 AM   #11
Advanced Member

short ride

We've had some really nice weather here lately with highs of 7C (mid 40s). I decided to give the bikes a mid winter startup just to hear them again.

Started with the Nomad, hit the start button and vroom it's ALIVE. Wait a second what's that noise coming from the engine. ??? Jeez, I remember some engine noise but this is kinda loud, seems to be coming from the front jug. It sounds like the lifters to me and I figure it should clear up in a second. It doesn't. I rev the engine cautiously and the ticking continues so I let it idle for a while. 4 minutes later the noise is still there and I'm getting a little worried. I rev the engine again this time to about 3-4000 rpm and finally the ticking stops. Sigh

So as it's idling in the garage I start to chip and scrape the 2 inches of ice in the driveway till I get about 5 meters away from the door. Time for my ride. I hop on and back the Nomad out the garage and enjoy this moment for a few brief seconds out in the sun. Pull the clutch in and snick the tranny into first. Rev the engine a little, let the clutch out quickly and away I go. WOOHOO
All to quickly I reach the back end of the garage and have to come to a stop before running into my tool box.

That's the end of my short ride . Put on about 10m(30ft), man that was great.

Now it's time to start up the Sick Puppy. I put her in gear and pull the clutch in, rock back and forth until the clutch plates free themselves and put it back into neutral. Turn ignition on and hit the start button with the clutch out to prime the carbs. I hear the fuel pump run but it doesn't sound right. 5 seconds later the pump is still running WTF, it should have charged up the fuel system by now. Check the petcock, it's on. So I try to turn her over to see if it'll fire up. It does but only running on one cylinder. ???

OK, maybe I forget to open the primary valve under the tank that feeds the petcock. So I remove the seat then the tank, sure enough the valve is closed and the fuel lines aren't even hooked up. :-[ Man, I forgot I had been dickin around with the bike last fall and must have just slapped the tank back on while cleaning up the garage. So I get a screwdriver and pliers and hook up the fuel lines put the tank back on, put the seat back on and try priming the pump again. Same thing, the fuel system still won't pressurize. :(" title="" border="0"/> Again the seat comes off and I lift the tank up. Sure enough in my haste I hooked up the fuel lines but forgot the open that damn primary valve. :-[ Third times the charm and my Sick Puppy barks to life. Man I love the sound of those drag pipes. :) Took her for the same short ride that the Nomad got and then shut her down. That felt real nice.

Can't really count that as a real ride so the touque stays on.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #12

short ride

That was great!!!! I have to admit some times my wife finds me sitting on my bike with the engine idling pretending to be riding on a warm summer day.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #13
Advanced Member

short ride

Still working on the 20" of snow we got yesterday with a temp this morning of 4. This really sucks. They say 50 on Saturday, if the roads are dry---I"M RIDING!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #14

short ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosko

OK, maybe I forget to open the primary valve under the tank that feeds the petcock. So I remove the seat then the tank, sure enough the valve is closed and the fuel lines aren't even hooked up. :-[ Man, I forgot I had been dickin around with the bike last fall and must have just slapped the tank back on while cleaning up the garage. So I get a screwdriver and pliers and hook up the fuel lines put the tank back on, put the seat back on and try priming the pump again. Same thing, the fuel system still won't pressurize. :(" title="" border="0"/> Again the seat comes off and I lift the tank up. Sure enough in my haste I hooked up the fuel lines but forgot the open that damn primary valve. :-[ Third times the charm and my Sick Puppy barks to life.
Now that is the standard run of events when flashing up a 1400 Intruder from winter hibernation ... I know it so well ...