Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthWest Group

Old 08-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Labor Day Weekend

Since we have a three day weekend coming up (Sat-Mon Sept 4-6)...anyone up for doing a group ride somewhere? The weather should still be great (let's hope)...and it might be the last good chance for us to hook up before summer winds down! I would be up for leading another charge up to Mt. Baker for those who have never been up there, but I'm open to anything....maybe even Hwy 20 over the North Cascades....? Baker is about 2.5 hours from my place in Everett to the parking lot at Artist Point (not including stops), which is as far as you can ride. It truly is one of the best rides in western Washington!

Chime in and let me know what you think. I could host a couple folks at my place if that helps anyone....and maybe another local member could put someone up too if needed. I'm just tossing this out there to see if there is any interest....
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #2

Labor Day Weekend

Sounds like a plan. I'm going to go somewhere so it might as well be somewhere to meet new friends and see new places. All I ask is that you show me where to get some great seafood and a cold one (or two).

Old 08-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Labor Day Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Nomad "Darksider"
Sounds like a plan. I'm going to go somewhere so it might as well be somewhere to meet new friends and see new places. All I ask is that you show me where to get some great seafood and a cold one (or two).
Alrighty then! Who else is up for a ride...?? Charlie....Rickyboy....Greg.....hello.....anyone.. .... ? Rick....PM me your cell number and I will reply in kind. We'll think up something!
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 08-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #4

Labor Day Weekend

Sorry guys. I am already booked that weekend.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 08-18-2010, 01:32 AM   #5

Labor Day Weekend

Hi Kris, et al.

It's too far a future for me so I don't know. Though, we've been to Mt. Baker (it's spectacular up there) and had a great ride through the North Cascades (via Winthrop :)) on the way home last weekend, it was the hottest day of our 3-week multi-state trip.

E.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Labor Day Weekend

Wish I cold partake in the this ride but just to darn busy! :( Hope you all enjoy!

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 08-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
Top Contributor

Labor Day Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Wish I cold partake in the this ride but just to darn busy! :( Hope you all enjoy!
Hey Mike! You must be busting ass on the house eh? Hope it is coming along well for you.

I had my eye surgery this morning and am now home with a big lead patch over my right eye (yes, it sucks). All went well and I go in again Tuesday when they will remove the radioactive plaque and send me on my way. Hopefully that will be that!
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Old 08-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Labor Day Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Hey Mike! You must be busting ass on the house eh? Hope it is coming along well for you.

I had my eye surgery this morning and am now home with a big lead patch over my right eye (yes, it sucks). All went well and I go in again Tuesday when they will remove the radioactive plaque and send me on my way. Hopefully that will be that!
Hi Kris...glad to hear all went well. A few days and it'll all be in the past. As far as the ride goes, If at all possible I'm in. Baker is in my "get away" backyard as you know. I'm in the middle of a huge reno at the cabin but if the weather is decent all would be welcome to come back to there for a "frosty". Even if I don't ride for some reason.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 08-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
Top Contributor

Labor Day Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Quote:

Hi Kris...glad to hear all went well. A few days and it'll all be in the past. As far as the ride goes, If at all possible I'm in. Baker is in my "get away" backyard as you know. I'm in the middle of a huge reno at the cabin but if the weather is decent all would be welcome to come back to there for a "frosty". Even if I don't ride for some reason.
Rick,
Here is what I was kind of thinking, but don't want to impose at all....so tell me what you think. It sounds like Rick (Wandering Nomad) will be up here Friday evening (Sept. 3rd) to my place. I thought maybe on Saturday we could all ride over Hwy 20 (North Cascades) to Winthrop for lunch, then ride back and maybe crash at your place Saturday evening. We could then make the short run up to Mt. Baker on Sunday. Maybe you could plan to make the Hwy 20 run with us on Saturday and we can do the Baker ride ourselves if you need to get some work done. I'm just thinking out loud here to see what might stick....
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Old 08-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
Top Contributor

Labor Day Weekend

Quote:
Quote:

Rick,
Here is what I was kind of thinking, but don't want to impose at all....so tell me what you think. It sounds like Rick (Wandering Nomad) will be up here Friday evening (Sept. 3rd) to my place. I thought maybe on Saturday we could all ride over Hwy 20 (North Cascades) to Winthrop for lunch, then ride back and maybe crash at your place Saturday evening. We could then make the short run up to Mt. Baker on Sunday. Maybe you could plan to make the Hwy 20 run with us on Saturday and we can do the Baker ride ourselves if you need to get some work done. I'm just thinking out loud here to see what might stick....
Hi Kris,
About staying at my place........
Any other time I would say "yes", "no problem", "please do", or any other welcoming remark. But given the huge reno undertaking, of literally cutting the kitchen out of the trailer, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say "no can do". {Kris has seen my "cabin" and you'd need to see it to understand} There's a good chance I won't have water and power might be limited. I'm wondering if I'll even be able to allow myself time to go for a ride. I would welcome you all for a cold drink or a hot cup of java though. I probably didn't start this reno at the best of times. I realize it's only late Aug. but I need to get the new kitchen ready for the upcoming winter. The outside can wait but the inside needs to have the power put in { new outlets, wire strung, lighting} plumbing redone with new sinks and hot water tank moved. Not to mention the floor installed, with a new door/wall installed, along with the insulating the new enlarged kitchen. I'd also like to get the ceiling enclosed after insulating but that's something that can be done over the winter.
Sorry Kris. I know you'll understand, and I know it was just a thought ......and like I say, had it been any other time you know you and anyone would be welcome. If I can get this done to a point perhaps you and Tricia can come up for an over night'er during the winter and maybe get some "vertical" in,... up Baker, if you ski.

I hope you're feeling OK after the eye procedure. Take care and let me know how you're making out.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 08-22-2010, 02:18 AM   #11
Top Contributor

Labor Day Weekend

Quote:
Quote:

Rick,
Hi Kris,
About staying at my place........
Any other time I would say "yes", "no problem", "please do", or any other welcoming remark. But given the huge reno undertaking, of literally cutting the kitchen out of the trailer, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say "no can do". {Kris has seen my "cabin" and you'd need to see it to understand} There's a good chance I won't have water and power might be limited. I'm wondering if I'll even be able to allow myself time to go for a ride. I would welcome you all for a cold drink or a hot cup of java though. I probably didn't start this reno at the best of times. I realize it's only late Aug. but I need to get the new kitchen ready for the upcoming winter. The outside can wait but the inside needs to have the power put in { new outlets, wire strung, lighting} plumbing redone with new sinks and hot water tank moved. Not to mention the floor installed, with a new door/wall installed, along with the insulating the new enlarged kitchen. I'd also like to get the ceiling enclosed after insulating but that's something that can be done over the winter.
Sorry Kris. I know you'll understand, and I know it was just a thought ......and like I say, had it been any other time you know you and anyone would be welcome. If I can get this done to a point perhaps you and Tricia can come up for an over night'er during the winter and maybe get some "vertical" in,... up Baker, if you ski.

I hope you're feeling OK after the eye procedure. Take care and let me know how you're making out.
Ricky,
No worries my friend....I know you are under construction and having seen it....I definitely "get it". Just looking for some ideas...and we'll come up with something. I can't wait for Tuesday to get this patch off of my eye. Feels like gravel in there and I have to put in on and take it off about 4 times a day for eye drops.....eeesh... ::)!
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Old 08-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #12

Labor Day Weekend

I have a question about stopping at rickyboy's cabin. Which side of the border is it on? My passport is expired and with the current laws in place I know this can be a problem.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #13
Top Contributor

Labor Day Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Nomad "Darksider"
I have a question about stopping at rickyboy's cabin. Which side of the border is it on? My passport is expired and with the current laws in place I know this can be a problem.

You're good Rick,....it's south of Sumas and on the U.S. side of the border. Maybe I can get the chance to offer you a "cold and frosty" if you visit. I'm real sorry I can't offer a "working place" to stay over night.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #14

Labor Day Weekend

I would be up for a ride to Winthrop Kris................it's one of my favorites. I'll watch this thread.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #15

Labor Day Weekend

The more,the merrier. I'm always looking to make new friends.
Kris, I'll be pulling my trailer this trip will it be OK to leave it at your place for the weekend?
Since I'm setup for solo riding I can't haul much on the bike.