Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada East Group

Old 11-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #1

Coming East, Don't Miss?

For those who haven't been East to Atlantic Canada, here are a couple things to consider for your trip. PEI is a short ferry ride from Nova Scotia or a 15 minute or so ride over the Confederation Bridge. Plan a ride of the Island. Another thing you could plan, if the Cape Breton Rally is mid August. The Wharf Rat Rally is Labour Day Weekend. It is from August 29th through September 2nd 2018. It is the largest bike rally in eastern Canada, some say in Canada. If you are thinking of attending, as soon as the Cape Breton dates are announced you will need to book hotel/ motel rooms very early. Then after the WRR you can jump the ferry from Digby to Saint John, it will save a full day of riding back to the USA or Quebec/Ontario and points beyond.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #2

Pete good info. Perhaps it would be useful for folks if you could copy and paste or provide a link back to this thread in the rally section under a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the two present threads on the rally section.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 11-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #3

" DONE "

Old 01-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #4

Hi Norm how are you, am I correct that you guys are coming to Cape Breton this summer??? Can you email me any info on this ...drhall@bellaliant.net ...I don't check this sight much... Thanks Donnie!

Old 01-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #5

Hey Guys, gonna try to make the Cape Breton Rally this August. Haven't seen ya all in forever
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Hi Norm how are you, am I correct that you guys are coming to Cape Breton this summer??? Can you email me any info on this ...drhall@bellaliant.net ...I don't check this sight much... Thanks Donnie!
Hey Donnie, replying by messenger.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 01-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosco View Post
Hey Guys, gonna try to make the Cape Breton Rally this August. Haven't seen ya all in forever
HeyRoss, would be great to see you.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 02-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #8

Hey all (Norm especially) I think I can do this. I talked to Donnie offline and he's thinking of coming. May check into to renting a bike so he can ride with us! It would be way cool for all of us to get back together after so many years. I will either be coming from the west through Michigan and follow a route thru the Montreal area or coming up from western New York State and getting to Montreal area then turning east so.... if some of us could rendezvous around Montreal and then head to Cape Breton, that would be great. Keep me in the loop and I will try to check back every couple of weeks.
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 02-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosco View Post
Hey all (Norm especially) I think I can do this. I talked to Donnie offline and he's thinking of coming. May check into to renting a bike so he can ride with us! It would be way cool for all of us to get back together after so many years. I will either be coming from the west through Michigan and follow a route thru the Montreal area or coming up from western New York State and getting to Montreal area then turning east so.... if some of us could rendezvous around Montreal and then head to Cape Breton, that would be great. Keep me in the loop and I will try to check back every couple of weeks.
Hey Ross, yes would be cool to meet up again for sure. I have been talking with Donnie both on FB messenger and on the phone. He is been helping with advice on the motel situation. Not sure you want to run through Montreal, better to skirt it on the south shore. I will hopefully be meeting up with others on the way on this side of the border and heading down the hwy20. Expect 1-2 nights on the road from Montreal area. There will be others head across Maine as well. We should have Motel info very shortly and then we can get a whose coming list going.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136