Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 02-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #46

I don't think so Sam, not the way you think. You theoretically can carry a long gun in a vehicle, or on a bike, bike it can't bu in an open scabbard, a closed plastic case or zippered up unloaded would be fine, but even then be prpared for some grief if you get stopped. It also can't be "sawed off" but can be a defender style shorty thats commercially available with a total length of 26". Most parks here will make you seal & lock a firearm while in, or passing through a park.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
I don't think so Sam, not the way you think. You theoretically can carry a long gun in a vehicle, or on a bike, bike it can't bu in an open scabbard, a closed plastic case or zippered up unloaded would be fine, but even then be prpared for some grief if you get stopped. It also can't be "sawed off" but can be a defender style shorty thats commercially available with a total length of 26". Most parks here will make you seal & lock a firearm while in, or passing through a park.
Unfortunately we are headed in the same direction
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 02-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #48

[QUOTE=Idaho;533193]I used to be a shooter until it got damn near impossible to replace ammo. /QUOTE]
I was at a gun show yesterday, where I usualy buy a brick of .22 ammo (500 rounds) for $25.00 or $20.00 for a zip loc bag if he has any. When I didn't see any I asked and he told me that were in short supply of .22 ammo lately and everyone is running out. Another fella had two bricks for $28.00 ea. when I went back a few minutes later they too were gone. I hope this drought doesn't last long, and I think our prices will be going up a fair bit too since our dollar is dropping.
I did manage to get a couple good deals, a box of Winchester .303 for $20.00 Another box of .303 FMJ for $19.00, and two boxes of 7.62X39 SP for $25.00

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 02-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #49
Mega-Contributor

.22 has been very hard to find down here as well, Steve.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 02-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #50

...Those..indicated here..will remain un-named....however we ---er uh I mean these folks I heard of--- bought loading equipment and now load everyhing they use themselves..(except .22) ...and have switched to "everything" in 45 cal long colt ...rifles and pistols ..plus an assortment of black powder/percussion cap --user's !..wont stop tyranny & treason..but might slow them down a bit !

As for travel in Canada with a fire arm....I last traveled to Alaska thru Canada in 1984...took a Toyota pickup with a camper shell..and my two nephews..age's 12 & 13...we camped all the way up and back..
I have an old Coast To Coast 12 ga pump, that I bought at the hardware store in Eagle Butte, South Dakota..back in 1971- due to intending to use it within the hour on a contract to kill coyotes from our piper cub J3, ... for a local sheep rancher... as soon as I bought it I used a new hack saw right there at the check out counter..and cut the barrel off to a total gun length of about 38 inches (+/-)...
That old gun has several notches in the stock indicating "kills from the air"...
I had that pump gun along on that trip..and declared it when at the customs station on entry into British Columbia...I told the agents there that we were camping and needed the gun to guard against "predators"... They told me "It's perfectly legal to carry that 12ga for the purpose I stated...I kept it fully loaded with a 00Buck and a slug alternating load !...I only had one face to face with a big black bear up in the Yukon, while hikeing with the boy's..the bear came out of tall grass along a trail road we were on..about 30 ft ahead of us..I had the gun on my shoulder (slinged)...the boys ran back the other way as I back peddled.. and un-slung.. the Bear took a look at us and ran the other way..down that trail road... All Good for all concerned !

...However that was 1984... !! ??

Got several good stories to tell from that trip...such as getting a 12 & a 13 yr old boys into the Great Alaskan Bush Club In Anchorage (a party spot where the cocktail girls are all -totally nude !, and damn good looking.)..got the 12 yr old a 'lap dance" from a petite blond of exceptional beauty..the kids face went red an an apple !..but he hung in there and remover her teeny-bra when she told him to...the 13 yr old pulled her teenie panties off when she told him to...
...The younger one is now in maint. at the Super Max Federal Prison, at Florence Colo.
... The older one is now a minister with the New Life Ministry's up in Idaho...
...Seems that ole Uncle Wutz Iz Nayme..didnt ruin those boy's after all !!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Silent Sam; 02-05-2014 at 02:33 PM.